Group Buy: Modding /Shipping slowly -- Region Modded F3 Taitos

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rating - 100%
40   0   1
With the help of mjmjr25 getting in contact with the seller. we have 20 systems on hold. so once I have all paid commitments, I can get the ball rolling. Please remember I can't get them shipped till I have all the money. Shipping 6-8 weeks to my door and then ill mod each for region free. ill test each of course. Will be probably 10 weeks total with my modding time. I'll mail them off as i do them.

$75 shipped in the midwest, $80 shipped to the coasts (based on your location). please paypal gift or plus 4% juandelacosta@hotmail.com

The List.
1. werejag (paid)
2. KalessinDB (paid) (modded)
3. aoiddr (paid) (modded)
4. LegoSlug (paid) (modded)
5. 300Nguyen (paid) (modded)
6. loegan43 (paid) (modded)
7. sparksterz (paid)
8. Dr No (paid)
9. Orrimarrko (paid)
10. YieArKade (klov) (paid)
11. mjmjr25 (50paid) (2/2 modded)
12 Beelzebub (50paid)

this has been paid for and now we wait for the boards to arrive. thanks everyone for this. they arrived and im moding each and testing. shiiping hasnt happened

Last edited:

ArcadeLegends

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Where's the Darksoft multi cart for these :)

I've never dabbled in F3 really. What are some top titles for it?

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Well as already noted, I'll bite at that price (the extra 5 bones to my east-coast-having ass isn't a big deal)

Sign me up for one.

Is this ONLY going through if we have 20, or is it a "You're gonna do the group buy at a certain calendar point" sorta thing? Cuz I'm not entirely certain we'll hit 20.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Full list here:
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=665

Note: Arabian Magic, Command War, Grid Seeker, Lightbringer, Recalhorn, Riding Fight and Twin Qix were either not released, or were released on PCB format only and do not use this motherboard.

EDIT: @Dave - it'll need 20, or very close to. These are heavy so it only makes sense if a lot of them are boat shipped in from Japan.

Last edited:

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Full list here:
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=665

Note: Arabian Magic, Command War, Grid Seeker, Lightbringer, Recalhorn, Riding Fight and Twin Qix were either not released, or were released on PCB format only and do not use this motherboard.
Add to the PCB only list: Hat Trick Hero '93, Top Ranking Stars, Ring Rage, and Rayforce (which was one of the first to receive the PCB-to-Cart bootleg treatment).
-ud

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
In for 1 modded motherboard.
Gift payment sent, and PMed my address.

Last edited:

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I'm interested, but what region modding are you doing? Are there US mobos and JPN mobos or something? (Sorry, I don't know too much about this system, but I've always been interested.)

Jamma, correct?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I'm interested, but what region modding are you doing? Are there US mobos and JPN mobos or something? (Sorry, I don't know too much about this system, but I've always been interested.)

Jamma, correct?

Each region's motherboard have connector pins with 8 plastic nubs that ensure that only rom boards from a certain region will fit.

Those have to be physically removed to allow boards from the US/Asia/Europe to be used with a Japanese motherboard. You could do it yourself, but it's incredibly labor intensive and tedious due to how small they are. Do it wrong, and you broke a connector or killed your motherboard.

Last edited:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
You can put me down for one as well. Thanks werejag.

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Each region's motherboard have connector pins with 8 plastic nubs that ensure that only rom boards from a certain region will fit.

Those have to be physically removed to allow boards from the US/Asia/Europe to be used with a Japanese motherboard. You could do it yourself, but it's incredibly labor intensive and tedious due to how small they are. Do it wrong, and you broke a connector or killed your motherboard.

Thanks for the info (as I said, I don't know much about the system, so this is good to know.) So, once modded, basically any game will work with this motherboard, regardless of region?

Also, sorry, but is it JAMMA? I couldn't find that info on the system-16 page.

Thanks again!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Thanks for the info (as I said, I don't know much about the system, so this is good to know.) So, once modded, basically any game will work with this motherboard, regardless of region?

Also, sorry, but is it JAMMA? I couldn't find that info on the system-16 page.

Thanks again!

Yes it is Jamma.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Yes, straight JAMMA.

Carts seem to be equally distributed amongst ASIA, JAPAN, and US region. EUROPE are found in far fewer numbers. So, short of having at least 3 and possibly 4 motherboards - a modded board is ideal. I'm not sure if S. AMERICA had it's own region-lock as well.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I'd like to be put on the list. Would be nice to have something to swap out my Naomi with from time to time!

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Yes, straight JAMMA.

Carts seem to be equally distributed amongst ASIA, JAPAN, and US region. EUROPE are found in far fewer numbers. So, short of having at least 3 and possibly 4 motherboards - a modded board is ideal. I'm not sure if S. AMERICA had it's own region-lock as well.

Ok, cool. Thanks for the additional info Mike.

Seems like the Elevator Action and Puzzle Bobble games are the highlights here. Any other of the titles on the system-16 pages worth getting?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Ok, cool. Thanks for the additional info Mike.

Seems like the Elevator Action and Puzzle Bobble games are the highlights here. Any other of the titles on the system-16 pages worth getting?

Darius Gaiden, if you have the cash.

Puchi Carat, if you have a spinner (it is playable with a joystick, though).

Space Invaders '95, if you have a vertical screen as it's like Space Invaders crossed with Parodius.

And don't forget Bubble Symphony and Bubble Memories, which are sequels to Bubble Bobble.

Last edited:

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Darius Gaiden, if you have the cash.

Puchi Carat, if you have a spinner (it is playable with a joystick, though).

Space Invaders '95, if you have a vertical screen as it's like Space Invaders crossed with Parodius.

And don't forget Bubble Symphony and Bubble Memories, which are sequels to Bubble Bobble.

Thank you - good to know.

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Don't forget Land Maker. One of my favourite puzzle games of all time and sorely overlooked by many.
-ud

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
...and Gekirindan and Twin Cobra II. Both are very good shooters.

Pop n' Pop is a decent puzzler and is different than most.

Arkanoid Returns is traditional Arkanoid / Alleyway, just updated.

There are 5 very good games and another 5 worth owning.

I haven't played Space Invaders DX, but yeah, Akkenvader (Space Invaders 95') is a lot of fun and one of my kids favorite shooters being quite accessible.

EDIT: @werejag, I think you may need to look at just doing 10 this round. Not sure if 20 is feasible in such a short time and I don't want to ask this person to hold indefinitely. I'll message you with shipping cost on 10, I think it will still be about the same price, perhaps another $1-2/ea to ship, but manageable.

Last edited:

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rating - 100%
40   0   1
maybe a few more days then we close this out. we need the current list to send in the money also