Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan

Geese's Thug
Not for sure on the production numbers here, but this is why I am starting to hate these Homebrew pre-orders.

About 500 carts paid for at about $500, if that was in a 3% CD or Savings Account for a year they just got an extra $75000

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
You mean $7,500. But yeah, that is annoying.

I dont think it was 500 carts though. Maybe 150 for Gunlord and about 75 for Fast Striker AES so far

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Not for sure on the production numbers here, but this is why I am starting to hate these Homebrew pre-orders.

About 500 carts paid for at about $500, if that was in a 3% CD or Savings Account for a year they just got an extra $75000

Dear Bryan,

Please let me know where I too can find a savings account or CD that will pay me 3% for a year.

PS, this would be really nice because, you see, I can't find anyone that offers more than 1.05% ANYWHERE right now for either... and most banks are giving well under .5% interest on accounts. I get 0.90% at AMEX Personal Savings.

PPS, why bother with stupid analogies. My 401K saw a 15% ROI this year. Are you saying this money could have been worth 15% more if someone dropped it in their 401K instead of buying Gunlord?

PPPS, this is stupid. The money is needed to insure they can pay for the run they do and pay for development costs. NG Dev Team isn't a charity. They're a fucking dev studio that is trying to make a living making and selling games. They're not just dumping ROMs and distributing they're ACTUALLY CODING NEW GAMES. If you don't want to support them, that's fine, but they're a tiny game studio and this is the price of doing business with them.

I am not sure why people can't get this through their heads. Honestly, I wish they could charge when the games ship too, but they don't. These games are going to sell out one way or another. If you don't want one, then don't preorder and take your chances in the aftermarket. You can use that magic 3% bump to pay the huge price gouging prices people will ask for them on the second hand market as well.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm still just as excited the day I ordered it as I am now. Yeah, granted I would have liked to got it back in July but shit happens. And as soon as DEV: team opens up preorder for the upcoming Ikari game that is hopefully in the works I'll be right there again. Good times guys enjoy it.:D

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
If they just shipped us the cart, label, manual, and artwork now I would be satisfied until the snaplock cases come in.

I dont see why they cant just do that.

150ish shipments from Germany to all over the world isn't cheap.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
They can't ship you the cart. They haven't received the cart shells yet so you'll have to make do with just the two loose boards.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
They can't ship you the cart. They haven't received the cart shells yet so you'll have to make do with just the two loose boards.

I agree. It wouldn't be professional, and with all that complaint-friendly chaps out there, it would be a real huge mess if they try to put together the boards and shells, with ESD in hands, cracked stickers... and after that writing to NGDEV to ask for warranty.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
The money they've made from interest will cover it

NG:DEV Team is two guys, they're not exactly EA. They probably used all of the profits from Gunlord to pay their bills, contractors, rent, etc. Being an indie Neo Geo developer is not exactly a life of luxury.

bryan

Geese's Thug
@RabbitTroop

Yea I did not do my math right.

Liberty Bank in Stockton, MO gives you 10% for the first year of your CD (to get new business) with a minimum deposit of $1000 you will only get 10% on $1000 (yes I had one and got $100 in interest). So you would have to open a bunch of accounts under different names but you will get 10% returns.

Until August 2011 the High Interest Checking Account at Liberty was 10% for balances up to $30,000 if the following conditions are meet. (not sure on a minimum balance though)
10 debit card transactions
one or more direct deposits totaling at least $500
online banking with e-statements

Anyway I will drop the stupid analogies.

I have a DC copy and love it. I just hate that they keep delaying you guys. I pre-ordered and will never do that again since they delayed my DC copy too. They should not set dates they can not meet it just gets our hopes up, to be shot down latter.

I just hope you guys get your carts!!!!!

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
@RabbitTroop

Yea I did not do my math right.

Liberty Bank in Stockton, MO gives you 10% for the first year of your CD (to get new business) with a minimum deposit of $1000 you will only get 10% on $1000 (yes I had one and got $100 in interest). So you would have to open a bunch of accounts under different names but you will get 10% returns.

Until August 2011 the High Interest Checking Account at Liberty was 10% for balances up to $30,000 if the following conditions are meet. (not sure on a minimum balance though)
10 debit card transactions
one or more direct deposits totaling at least $500
online banking with e-statements

Anyway I will drop the stupid analogies.

I have a DC copy and love it. I just hate that they keep delaying you guys. I pre-ordered and will never do that again since they delayed my DC copy too. They should not set dates they can not meet it just gets our hopes up, to be shot down latter.

I just hope you guys get your carts!!!!!

10% is unheard of here. I'm seriously going to look that up. Not because I don't believe you. I'm honestly moving my money over if I can get anywhere near that amount :-D

Either way, I too hope everyone gets their games ASAP.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I did preorder Gunlord AES and was really excited about it but after the third delay I lost interest and they happily refunded me, now its getting close to actually being released, I regret cancelling my preorder and now its too late.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
the dates below are when I got an email back from NGDEV with current status:

Sept 7 2012 - held at Japanese cargo port
Nov 13 2012 - arrived in Canada, in customs

Anyone have a more recent update?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Was they getting both the cart cases and the snap lock cases from DavidG? I wonder exactly how many they bought from him? Must have been a shit load of them especially if it was to support all their future AES game releases.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They are still stuck in Canada customs, should be clear any time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.