Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
The only thing that bothers me with the dc version is the constant cd accessing noises... apparently my dc cd drive is a lot noisier than usual or I´m more sensitive to that kind of stuff. It hurts my teeth.

Yeah, the DC is the loudest system I've ever heard. Loud enough to detract from the gaming experience.

Solid State FTW

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Yeah, the DC is the loudest system I've ever heard. Loud enough to detract from the gaming experience.

Solid State FTW

And here I thought all this time it was just my DC that sounded like a turbine...

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member

Solid State FTW

Hmm...I've always liked the Dreamcast accessing the disc noise. It really sounded high-tech back in the day. Not anymore though I guess.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Seems like you never owned a release XBOX360. THAT is really loud! ;)

I have a newer 360. To be honest i couldn't tell you what it sounded like, cause I've only turned it on maybe 4 times in the last year. I just can't get into new games, dreamcast is about as new as i get. Maybe it's because that was the last console that came out when i was still young. It was the last system that i got excited about it coming out. I feel like game systems just lost their soul after the DC.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have a newer 360. To be honest i couldn't tell you what it sounded like, cause I've only turned it on maybe 4 times in the last year. I just can't get into new games, dreamcast is about as new as i get. Maybe it's because that was the last console that came out when i was still young. It was the last system that i got excited about it coming out. I feel like game systems just lost their soul after the DC.

many of us feel the same way.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
My 360 serves as a dvd player for kids. Last time I used it for gaming... I think I showed zuma to the kids last summer. They weren´t quite ready for it yet.

Teddyboy16

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I sold my DC on Ebay a few years ago and I regretted that decision. I had sellers remorse big time once I mailed it off. Had a lot of good games for it too.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member

I know what you mean, I rarely give new games a second look. Although I do play them occasionally I always go back to my roots lol. Gamers nowdays bitch about how games are hard but, they just haven't played true a.i. :D on the Neo.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I sold my DC on Ebay a few years ago and I regretted that decision. I had sellers remorse big time once I mailed it off. Had a lot of good games for it too.
Man, just look on Craigslist. I got one off there a couple of years ago for about $30 with a bunch extras. I saw one for free on Craigslist a month ago. I ended up doing the region mod to mine so i can rewrite the BIOS anytime i want. I just keep it on Japan cause i only have Japanese games though.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member

I often feel that way too when CoD 29 comes out to general praise but then a Demon Souls, Bioshock 1 or Dead Space 1 comes around the corner.... ;)

boss0033

Kula's Candy
Hey guys, just got a gunlord MVS cart and had a few questions? I am running it in a 4 slot super neo 29 candy and when I have all the slots filled it will not allow me to use the select button to change games once the Gunlord game comes on. Is their anyway to bypass this or fix this so I can switch games whenever, I also cannot get into the bios system when gunlord is on the screen. Any help would be appreciated

boss0033

Kula's Candy
One other question, how do I know if my cart was updated to 1.1. or not? My c weapon does have an every bar that goes down when I use it so would that tell me the update has been done?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
One other question, how do I know if my cart was updated to 1.1. or not? My c weapon does have an every bar that goes down when I use it so would that tell me the update has been done?

Correct. That was not in the original release.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'd be nice if they put text on the title screen or something.

Teddyboy16

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Gunlord is a nice game that is heavily influenced by Turrican but a little too short. I would like to have it in aes format along with last hope but for that amount of money I can have both games and a boxed dreamcast plus some of my favorite DC games to round it out and have a nice lobster dinner. I can appreciate the effort in design and development that they put into these games, but I can't help thinking that these games would be appreciated by a much wider audience on current generation video game consoles that might in turn provide revenue for further game development on the neo geo.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
What good is further neo geo game development if talent and efforts are lacking? Just look at the stuff Le Cortex puts out, like Treasure of the Carribean and Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon, and you'll see those carts were sacced in vain.

Teddyboy16

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I was referring specifically NGDEV. They put in a lot effort into their game development. They've actually developed thier own board sets, so they don't have sacrifice carts to build thier own game carts. Le Cortex isn't even in the same league as NGDev is. It's like comparing apples to rotten worm infested oranges. There are bad games on every platform.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Le Cortex isn't even in the same league as NGDev is. It's like comparing apples to rotten worm infested oranges.

That's an understatement!

Also, I don't think that the NG: DEV games are really suited for current consoles and they're better left for the retro systems.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Saw this in Unibios 3.1 thread
• Fixed currupted graphics on splash screen/menu when playing NgDevTeam games (thanks Timm).
So I guess maybe an upgrade to 3.1 is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.