Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

boss0033

Kula's Candy
The 3.1 does nothing for cheats. Only thing it fixes is a some sort of graphix glitch in the intro. Oh well, looks like Im gonna just stick with my 3.0 for now.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Hey guys, just got a gunlord MVS cart and had a few questions? I am running it in a 4 slot super neo 29 candy and when I have all the slots filled it will not allow me to use the select button to change games once the Gunlord game comes on. Is their anyway to bypass this or fix this so I can switch games whenever, I also cannot get into the bios system when gunlord is on the screen. Any help would be appreciated

Don't put GunLord in slot 1 and make sure you don't have any of the games in the other slots that "force" them to come up first in the cycle over slot 1. I find if I have Windjammers in slot 1 and GunLord in slot 2 I never have any issues.

Teddyboy16

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Man, just look on Craigslist. I got one off there a couple of years ago for about $30 with a bunch extras. I saw one for free on Craigslist a month ago. I ended up doing the region mod to mine so i can rewrite the BIOS anytime i want. I just keep it on Japan cause i only have Japanese games though.

I was looking at Craigslist the other day, and there where a about a dozen plus listings for consoles with and without games. Pretty cheap too. I like to have my consoles come boxed because I like to have them "complete", so I would have to go to eBay for that. CL would be a good way to jump start my DC collection again.

Teddyboy16

Kuroko's Training Dummy
NG:DEV Team is two guys, they're not exactly EA. They probably used all of the profits from Gunlord to pay their bills, contractors, rent, etc. Being an indie Neo Geo developer is not exactly a life of luxury.
Agreed...
I don't think that this is a full time job for them. I think it's more a labor of love for the development of these games and it shows in the product. They are probably running on a tight budget and schedule. They probably make a small profit considering the low production runs that they have. Runs at those quantities for the carts (AES-MVS) is not a cheap endeavor. Those are custom pcbs and for every run they do there is a setup charge for them. The manufacturing is probably set up way in advance to keep the setup fees as low as possible which means they need to have the code ready to go. They might be using a board house that is turn key and builds the cart completely or they assemble it themselves. That's not including the design and printing of the manual, insert, and any other printed matter they might include in various editions. It's a lot of work! :-)

The way I intend to support them is by buying the DC versions. I may pick up the neo versions in the aftermarket, but right now there are to many other games on my list that I want first.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I was looking at Craigslist the other day, and there where a about a dozen plus listings for consoles with and without games. Pretty cheap too. I like to have my consoles come boxed because I like to have them "complete", so I would have to go to eBay for that. CL would be a good way to jump start my DC collection again.
Yep, you can usually get a DC for almost nothing on Craigslist. Get a couple real cheap off CL for Modding and get you a boxed one off eBay. It's good to have an extra dreamcast cause they don't last forever especially if you play a lot of burned games.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Don't put GunLord in slot 1 and make sure you don't have any of the games in the other slots that "force" them to come up first in the cycle over slot 1. I find if I have Windjammers in slot 1 and GunLord in slot 2 I never have any issues.

Strange. I've had Gunlord in slot 1 and Fast Striker in 2 (& vice versa) plus a couple of random games in 3 and 4 and it's worked just fine.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Meg count isn't a measure of a game. Unless you mean the lack of updates since the initial.

I certainly hope they've been working on this title sometime during the past four months.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
BTW, they're expecting to receive the AES stuff this days or first days of Feb.

The next update about XYX will be a full trailer.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
As I regrettably cancelled my AES order of this game because of the delays, I would be prepared to pay them around 35 -45 euros if they would release the game on an SD game card for the X as it really does look good and old school.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I would be prepared to pay them around 35 -45 euros if they would release the game on an SD game card for the X as it really does look good and old school.

Ya, I'm sure they want their roms easily accessed for 35 euros.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Ya, I'm sure they want their roms easily accessed for 35 euros.

I agree with them wanting to protect the game. This is their baby... but you and I both know that even if these games get dumped, they'll still sell every single copy they make. Collectors want the real deal, and there are enough people here that will buy the genuine article, dump or not. :D

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I agree with them wanting to protect the game. This is their baby... but you and I both know that even if these games get dumped, they'll still sell every single copy they make. Collectors want the real deal, and there are enough people here that will buy the genuine article, dump or not. :D
Exactly.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!

I think it would affect more the DC market more than anything else. In the end their sale would see a change I'm sure. Besides all this talk of roms and emulations and all this other garbage is getting out of hand. This f-ing NGX is poison.

I understand they want to protect thier game because the sd card could be easily dumped, but on thier dreamcast release it's is worse, it's a lot easier make a copy of the iso...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I think it would affect more the DC market more than anything else. In the end their sale would see a change I'm sure. Besides all this talk of roms and emulations and all this other garbage is getting out of hand. This f-ing NGX is poison.

ROMs and Neo-Geo.com go back as long as I've been registered. In the early days of this forum it was a much dirtier topic... but a lot of the hard boiled members have sort of laxed their stance, and some of the more I gotz T3H r0mZ people have mellowed as well. The Neo Geo X has nothing to do with it, besides bringing an influx of new Neo Geo people to this site who's first introduction has been through emulation. One of our members here who makes CMVS systems told me that his sales have been great since the NGX because once people play it, they want the real deal and have been getting into the MVS scene. I've always taken the stance that ROMs compliment collecting... Sometimes they facilitate it. I know for a fact if I hadn't played the games on MAME/Neo Rage all those years ago, I wouldn't own nearly every MVS cart today. It's all in how you look at it. For some of us, it's try until you buy.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

With limited runs I agree but if they are planning reprints then that's a different story. As you can tell, some people can't wait for a release and just want to play it so they could be swayed easily, especially if the wait is 4 months to a year+.

Status
Not open for further replies.