Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
They had some in a big storage unit at SNKP and when their ol' pal David called they were absolutely eager to sell them.

I really wonder how much money NGDEV prepaid for those cases.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
In before it's all just random junk and no boxes and NG:DEV got shilled.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Same source he got all of his high end homecarts from including AF3, SNK Japan.

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
It's nearly been a month since NGDEVTEAM updated the Status of Gunlord.... I can handle the waiting, it's just the silence that's bugging me.... because it's a lot like the last couple of posts are getting at, in the back of our minds we are wondering if they got shafted... have they seen any evidence of these cases/shells....

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Xian Xi seems to have the best information right after NGDEVTEAM on this.

I wouldn´t panic yet. These things can take time. If you´ve ever had to wait for an item to be shipped by Surface for instance... you would know that shipping things from Japan can take time. Shipping huge amount of small cases in a container that needs to be checked by customs... yeah that´s really going to take some time.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
We're just waiting on customs at this point. Just like any customs, they're always trying to find a way to make a buck.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I wouldn´t panic yet. These things can take time. If you´ve ever had to wait for an item to be shipped by Surface for instance... you would know that shipping things from Japan can take time. Shipping huge amount of small cases in a container that needs to be checked by customs... yeah that´s really going to take some time.

Yes, exactly. I just had a package shipped from Japan by surface and it took forever.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yes, exactly. I just had a package shipped from Japan by surface and it took forever.

Took 3 months to recieve a Saturn from Japan via surface. Forgetting about it is the best thing you can do

T2KFreeker

n00b
Is this game coming to Neo Geo CD as well? Seems to me the only one they ever did was Last Hope. Would be nice to see so0me more support there for us that can't afford the other SNK systems.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Is this game coming to Neo Geo CD as well? Seems to me the only one they ever did was Last Hope. Would be nice to see so0me more support there for us that can't afford the other SNK systems.

It took them forever to sell out of Last Hope for the NGCD. Why bother with it when there is a Dreamcast version anyway, just buy that.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It took them forever to sell out of Last Hope for the NGCD. Why bother with it when there is a Dreamcast version anyway, just buy that.

Not to mention with all the cuts the NeoCD version would be severely inferior to the DC port.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I said the waiting wasn't bothering me, it's just that it would be nice to hear from NGDT a little more regularly, even if it's that it's still in customs... I doubt it's XX's job to keep us informed.... which by the way is much appreciated.

Last edited:

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Is the whole container of shells / cases for NGDev, if yes then why not just send to Germany vs. Canada?

But perhaps NGDev is only getting a certain number of shells / cases and seller can airmail those to Germany.

Anyway can't be much longer perhaps a month or two.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
When I first ordered it in March last year I just put it in the back of my mind and just made myself forget about it for about 7 months. I get hopeful to see some new info when the thread is bumped but really nothing DEV can do. :( So maybe customs is about done dicking around and sitting on their ass and ready to get the stuff moving.

Last edited:

T2KFreeker

n00b

Hmm, why bother? Maybe because it's a Neo Geo Game and I'd like it on the Neo Geo console I own? Why bother getting the Neo Geo Version of Samurai Shodown when I can get it for so many other consoles? Or King of Fighters, or Metal Slug, etc. I mean, it is what it is. I have a Dreamcast also, but was just wondering.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hmm, why bother? Maybe because it's a Neo Geo Game and I'd like it on the Neo Geo console I own? Why bother getting the Neo Geo Version of Samurai Shodown when I can get it for so many other consoles? Or King of Fighters, or Metal Slug, etc. I mean, it is what it is. I have a Dreamcast also, but was just wondering.

Of course you can say that from the buyer's perspective but from the programming side it isn't worth the labor to only sell less a few copies.

T2KFreeker

n00b
Of course you can say that from the buyer's perspective but from the programming side it isn't worth the labor to only sell less a few copies.

I get that, and understand that. It's all good, just didn't understand why the, "Hey, just get it for this other console" comment was necessary, especially when it's known that there is a Dreamcast version, that's all. If it's a killer for them to make the CD version, then cool, I get it. Just was curious is all.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I always laugh when someone pop up with "if you want the game, buy it on DC"... We're on a forum devoted for the Neo, not the DC. We love and talk about the Neo. That kind of comments would be on a DC forum.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I think the tech guys tried to install more RAM onto the NGCD, but the hardware wouldn't recognize the added memory.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I always laugh when someone pop up with "if you want the game, buy it on DC"... We're on a forum devoted for the Neo, not the DC. We love and talk about the Neo. That kind of comments would be on a DC forum.

Yeah, well I'm pretty sure the reason it comes up as often as it does is because the price difference between the Neo and DC versions is around $550.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
the DC version is very much like the MVS one, but with better sound and cheaper price. Only thing I can tell is that the MVS version has falling leaves on stage 1.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
The only thing that bothers me with the dc version is the constant cd accessing noises... apparently my dc cd drive is a lot noisier than usual or I´m more sensitive to that kind of stuff. It hurts my teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.