Gunvein by NGDEV (PC, Switch, PS4, Xbox)

A playable demo for Windows is now available on Steam:

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I gave the free demo on steam a whirl. Feels like Ghost Blade on dreamcast, and frankly, kinda looks like a higher res version of that game too. Decent effort, it's competent for the genre of modern indie shmups imo. I don't think there are a lot of bullet hell games coming out these days so I'm sure it'll be welcomed by fans of the genre.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Picked this up yesterday on steam for around $16 and I’ve been having a blast playing on the expert difficulty. Great shooter with a fantastic soundtrack imho. I normally prefer 1cc clearing over aiming for scores, but aggressive mid to upper-screen play is extremely rewarding in this title either way.

The Crimzon Clover comparison made earlier in this thread is indeed accurate. Though I also enjoyed NGDEV’s Razion EX on switch, this effort exceeds that previous game in my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Well well well, looks like the game is actually good then? I might check it out.

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
Maybe Gunvein will get a demake down the line for Neo (and Dreamcast for us cheaper plebes). It does look fun and I want to support them, but it‘s a slippery slope once they start stepping away from Neo development.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I think they are done with neo and dreamcast development. For dreamcast, they indicated years ago on social media that there is too much piracy and the number of buyers lessens with each title they release, hence they haven't ported a game over to DC since Neo XYX. For neogeo, I think getting the cartridges made is too much of a pain in the ass and takes forever through their vendors. Even if the games sell out, I don't get the impression they are selling high numbers of these. Certainly not enough to make a living off of when they release only one game every 3 or so years.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I guess they don't want my $500 this time.