Guys - Rgt85 says now is the time to get into GameCube collecting!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Sooo...

Of all the all the gaming stuff I have i’d have to say my GameCube collection is my nicest. The GC was out just when I graduated college and got my first “good” job so I bought a ton of stuff as it came out and bought it all new. Pretty much everything I have (consoles, accessories, games( are all mint and complete.

So I could sell all this stuff and make a killing probably...but nah, I want to play it instead. I’m dying to play some Waverace right now.

What are my options or playing GC on modern TVs?

Is this something i’d Use retrotink for? Or are there better HDMI specific GC tools out there? Anyone have any experience with this?

FYI I don’t have component cables for the GC and don’t want to drop a fortune on those.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
And let’s try and keep the RGT85 trolling to a minimum. I’ve only started recently watching YouTube for video game stuff...started with Maximillian Dood but found some of these other guys from there.

Don’t get me wrong...I don’t really like him or his videos...but he reminds me so much of a pug - and I just can’t hate on a pug.

I just want to scratch his ears and give him a dog biscuit.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Awesome, thanks!

Ok, so let me ask this....most first party games have 480p...and its those games that will fully utilize or benefit from something like this, correct?

For those games that don’t support 480p, they will still work with this and be fully playable..they just won’t look that great, correct?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Sooo...

Of all the all the gaming stuff I have i’d have to say my GameCube collection is my nicest. The GC was out just when I graduated college and got my first “good” job so I bought a ton of stuff as it came out and bought it all new. Pretty much everything I have (consoles, accessories, games( are all mint and complete.

So I could sell all this stuff and make a killing probably...but nah, I want to play it instead. I’m dying to play some Waverace right now.

What are my options or playing GC on modern TVs?

Is this something i’d Use retrotink for? Or are there better HDMI specific GC tools out there? Anyone have any experience with this?

FYI I don’t have component cables for the GC and don’t want to drop a fortune on those.

I cannot stand RGT85. He's a dude who still thinks he's a teenager with the way he talks, dresses, and acts. I just sometimes want to smack that hat off his head and tell him to grow the fuck up already.

The only thing I can say is yes the market is fucked at this time. I have a huge GC collection and like Neo I bought almost all of my titles on release.

I'm still gagging at the price of Skies of Arcadia Legends.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I cannot stand RGT85. He's a dude who still thinks he's a teenager with the way he talks, dresses, and acts. I just sometimes want to smack that hat off his head and tell him to grow the fuck up already.

:lolz:

But ya gotta admit he does look like a pug. Can’t hate a pug!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
:lolz:

But ya gotta admit he does look like a pug. Can’t hate a pug!

I don't know. I just find his voice irritating. I'm happy I have all the games I've wanted for the cube but even so the only point I can give him is that prices are going to only get worse.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I recently got a GC Loader ODE and I highly recommend it. I liquidated my small game collection and was surprised what these sell for now. Thanks RGT85!

But yeah, that guy is the worst. I cringe every time I see his video thumbnails and he’s making some retarded face.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I have one for those GC HDMI adapters. They're great, and work well with basically everything. I found that even games that don't support progressive scan, it still looks fine. I'm not too much of a video snob, I play the games with no lag and it plays well on my 4K tv

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I sold two sealed copies of gotcha force for 1,000+. Get a GC loader, fuck those discs.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I got to say I am intrigued by the loader...I watched a video on YouTube and really the install doesn’t look too bad. Really the hardest part for me will be getting the damn roms since I don’t really have a computer.

I don’t think I have any super valuable games though..I think my most valuable would be Paper Mario.

But on the topic of video output...would a retrotink work with GameCube? I thought I saw in a video that retrotink can’t work with 480p...so would I use something like that for just n64 and earlier? And then for GameCube use something like the carby?

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I guess it’s a moot point as all the loafers are sold out except for flippers on eBay.

Isn’t that a fucking hoot.

People come up with a device to play games so you don’t have to worry about stupid prices for games and then said device gets gobbled up and sold for stupid prices itself.

Lol, what a world...

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Also fuck you roker

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I got to say I am intrigued by the loader...I watched a video on YouTube and really the install doesn’t look too bad. Really the hardest part for me will be getting the damn roms since I don’t really have a computer.

I don’t think I have any super valuable games though..I think my most valuable would be Paper Mario.

But on the topic of video output...would a retrotink work with GameCube? I thought I saw in a video that retrotink can’t work with 480p...so would I use something like that for just n64 and earlier? And then for GameCube use something like the carby?

Retrotink won't do 480P. It's ideal for 240P and 480i (i.e. classic consoles and most PS2 games) and then it upscales it to 480P but native 480P won't work. I like mine but I think it's overpriced. I bought the pro because the classic version required a mini HDMIq

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Hey Moe! Hey Larry! Fuck off!

Does that make you Curly?

But thank you, that other post was helpful.

I mean, as far as retro consoles go I am covered for NES and SNES games since the legendary Cory modded my NES Mini. I still have my consoles and a decent amount of games..but really have no need to connect them to a modern tv now that I have the mini systems.

I was thinking of retrotink basically just for my Neo Geo AES and N64...but yeah I saw the version 2 is like $130 which is a bit pricier than I would have liked...but I do love both those systems. Ideally I wouldn’t have to buy a separate solution for GameCube...but $75 for a carby isn’t terrible. Plus I do like the idea of the loader once those get back in stock. That could be an awesome setup...

That would basically handle all my retro gaming needs. I have a mega drive but don’t have any games for it lol, so will probably sell that off at some point. No longer have a Saturn, Dreamcast, TG16, or 3do any more either...not going to get back into any of those any time soon.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
When RGT85 joined the ASSEMbler Games forum, he waltzed in there like people should have known him already, like he was a big tymer. Needless to say, no one knew who he was and no one bothered to reply to his posts. Ever since then I just think he's a tryhard.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member

Use the carby or GCHD for GameCube as long as you have the digital out port.

I have the retrotink pro and retrotink SCART. Had the original but sold it.

For the n64 you can use S video on it and it looks great. Or you can get an RGB mod and some Hd retro vision cables to the retrotink.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I have one for those GC HDMI adapters. They're great, and work well with basically everything. I found that even games that don't support progressive scan, it still looks fine. I'm not too much of a video snob, I play the games with no lag and it plays well on my 4K tv

I'm on the shelf to get one of those. I do own the component cables I got from CDmann at a crazy bro price which i assume is what he paid for them back in the day. The market on the cube is so fucked right now. Even the god damn GameBoy player disc is commanding 60 bucks just by itself.

I sold two sealed copies of gotcha force for 1,000+. Get a GC loader, fuck those discs.

This is the right answer and this coming from a guy who has near 100 + original game discs I've bought when the cube was new. Don't pay these prices.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
When RGT85 joined the ASSEMbler Games forum, he waltzed in there like people should have known him already, like he was a big tymer. Needless to say, no one knew who he was and no one bothered to reply to his posts. Ever since then I just think he's a tryhard.

He's the guy that used to write his video titles as "RARE (item name) review" no matter how mundane the item was so I always thought he was a try hard from day one

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's only the VG speculators making the recommendations to buy buy buy based solely on FOMO. They think you need to buy it now because the spike in prices are going to just shoot up.
Don't listen to those people. This is the worst time to buy Gamecube.

Don't forget most Wii's can play Gamecube games.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Heck I think the GameCube honestly looks fine on modern TVs without anything. I’ve been playing mine quite often and it doesnt bother me at all. I am surprised at the prices

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I only got a GC last year and fitted it out with a GC Loader, Do have a few original games for it but nothing expensive.

Another vote for the Carby HDMI adapter though.

As for RGT85, meh.....

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
most youtubers with any decent amount of views are self-important, too-cool-for-school, jabroni ass fucks with more ego than sense.