Happy Neo Geo X Owners

Danthor9

n00b
I find on CRT, Composite doesn't look bad! It doesn't look as good as my NeoCD's S-video, sure. But it's not bad! I prefer it to how it looks on my HDTV. If you're having desaturation problems, the brightness setting of the NeoGeo X does help significantly, before you start adjusting your TV.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I find on CRT, Composite doesn't look bad! It doesn't look as good as my NeoCD's S-video, sure. But it's not bad! I prefer it to how it looks on my HDTV. If you're having desaturation problems, the brightness setting of the NeoGeo X does help significantly, before you start adjusting your TV.

Are you saying adjusting the brightness on the handheld affects the color saturation on the tv? I have not tried adjusting that yet.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
I had it hooked up through HDMI and the XRGB-Mini Framemeister. XRGB looked a bit better, but there is no comparison to the signal from a real Neo Geo.
I like the handheld though and hope they will bring more Shooters.

K'99

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Are you saying adjusting the brightness on the handheld affects the color saturation on the tv? I have not tried adjusting that yet.

Adjusting the brightness on the system actually does help a bit! Thanks for the idea!

K'99

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Also noticed that the screen tearing isn't as bad after I enabled the game mode through my tv. (56" Samsung DLP)

Last edited:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man

Not sure what you are getting at besides stating the LE has finished it's run and now they'll continue as they had planned. Am I missing something here that google translate is not showing?

"Additional card game was released as planned - Discontinued as of the date of manufacture minute 22 "NEOGEO X GOLD SYSTEM" January

January 23, 2013 15:45

OK.Japan has announced that shipments ended on January 22, the production of "NEOGEO X GOLD ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM" official licensed products SNK.

As a portable game console with a large number of built-in title (NEOGEO), "NEOGEO X", the game hardware developed by SNK Neo Geo hardware, which was released on 28 December 2012.

It attracted attention as well that has a built-in, such as "Art of Fighting" "Fatal Fury title" Metal Slug "" of yesteryear SNK, shipment of January 22, that the manufacture it will be completely finished Revealed rang.

Regarding additional game card is that currently, and has progressed as planned. In addition, it was announced also be connected directly to a single "NEOGEO X", released in yen (including tax) this spring to 2,100 AC adapter that can be charged. Here, the full charge is possible by charging for 2 hours.

In addition, it provides were many requests from users, but also the decision of the LCD screen protection sheet. Protective sheet that is provided as a service to buyers AC adapter.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/24/neo-geo-still-in-production/

There has been a recent rumor about the end of the production of the NEOGEO X System. This rumor is incorrect. Tommo will be continuing to support the NEOGEO X format going forward with more games, peripherals and software updates, as well as more units of the console hardware. The NEOGEO X Gold System Limited Edition Collection Series that includes Ninja Masters, was always planned to be a limited edition product. We are currently manufacturing our final run of this Limited Edition Collection Series and our distributors worldwide expect to have the final stock in April. Given the popularity of the NEOGEO X format, we don't expect this stock to last long.

We are absolutely delighted with how the NEOGEO X has performed so far, and are incredibly grateful for the support of gamers and we are looking forward to continuing the development of this game platform.

Danthor9

n00b
I just want me some Super Sidekicks 3! The first one is great, but once you've played 3, it's hard to go back!

slerch666

updyke,
lol gotta love teh drama surrounding this thing

What would the Neo Geo forums be without drama? It only serves to fuel our fire. I think that's Tommo/SNK's TRUE goal! Keep the real Neo fans entertained, annoyed and loving drama?

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Just got a NGX and i´m very pleased with it. Got it mainly for portable gaming since i already have my AES hooked at home and own most of the games that came preloaded with the NGX.
I own a Dingoo and the JXD s5200 but this Tommo console has better built quality than the other chinese consoles.
there´s some minor issues with the emulation, like screen tearing and low saturation, but all easily fixed by a firmware update.
Would've been nice if Tommo added some info about the games on the console menu, also some kind of history where you could check high scores or playtime.
i´m curious about their next move.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
They are meant to be adding downloadable game manuals on the site, which is a reason they might not pack games with a manual but when it happens or if, is anyones guess.

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
They are meant to be adding downloadable game manuals on the site, which is a reason they might not pack games with a manual but when it happens or if, is anyones guess.

This sounds promising, where'd you get this info?

Kensirou

n00b
This sounds promising, where'd you get this info?
http://neogeox.com/register-product
Register your product today to have access to a wide range of benefits.

A few of the benefits that you can look forward to:

Handy tips from NEOGEO X’s secret online community. Do you want to pull off the perfect Special Move on Art of Fighting? We will tell you how in the coming months.
Reminders about any updates that will keep you and your product, totally up to date.
Exclusive previews of new products and innovations
Get easy access to downloads, FAQs and instruction manuals for each game
Special offers, product news and promotions
News about any change to the warranty plans.

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
Cheers Kensirou/Lee Gray good skills. Lets hope they deliver.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I got an email from funstock saying i can have 10 percent of my next purchase from them exluding the neo geo x stick.... lol that would have been the only thing I might have got.

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
I got an email from funstock saying i can have 10 percent of my next purchase from them exluding the neo geo x stick.... lol that would have been the only thing I might have got.

Hahahahahahahahaha douche bags!!!

Neo x

War Room Troll
Hi guys, love my x, like most people growing up in slumdon I couldn't afford a neo geo as a kid. I'm like a full celebrity at work amongst the guys my age. Ok it's not the greatest quality but to me, it's effing sweet.