Hearthstone

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Best I got was 5-3 and it was pretty eh...It's more luck than anything I guess.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'm not wasting any more gold on arena after last night. I know lots of people have great success with it, but I guess I'm just horrible at making decks with shitty cards. I'll stick to constructed.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I think arena should cost way less, like 25 or 50 gold. You're literally rolling the dice. When they launch the game, they should give out arena tickets in adventure mode as rewards, too. When I have a choice whether or not to try 2 arena runs, or just pay for 3 packs, I'll almost always spend the gold on packs. That way I'm at guaranteed at least 120 arcane dust from disenchanting, even if I only pull the minimum 1 rare and already own all the cards I pull.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
This is basically the problem with the game. Arena is too expensive and the game isn't deep enough to support constructed play yet.

cannonball

15 Year Member
the game isn't deep enough to support constructed play yet.

What do you mean? Just not enough cards to have enough variety in the meta game? It seems OK to me actually. There are multiple decks for each class that are competitive. The game is extremely well balanced I think.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Anyone here still actively playing? Ladder reset tonight. What kind of decks are you guys having good results with?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Haven't been able to play as much as I want to lately. Usually when I pop on it's just for a match or two with the innkeeper. I really like the murloc rushdown I have going on with my Shaman hero. It's so easy to have a whole board of mobs to bloodlust.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Haven't been able to play as much as I want to lately. Usually when I pop on it's just for a match or two with the innkeeper. I really like the murloc rushdown I have going on with my Shaman hero. It's so easy to have a whole board of mobs to bloodlust.

That's a really cool idea. I have a murloc deck but I do the typical warlock hero for it, mostly for the extra card draw.

I just put this together on a deck builder site, is yours similar?

shaman murloc

I might put that together tonight and try it.

I'm working on a priest deck at the moment. I haven't done many control decks, but I think this one has promise:

priest

I've been using this deck minus rag, alexstrasza, and ysera with good success in casual matches. I have the dust for them, but I know as soon as I craft them I'll open one in a pack haha.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yeah, it looks a lot like your deck, except yours looks a bit more cohesive. I made the deck before I got a lot of new cards, so I probably need to start from the ground up. I hear you on crafting stuff. I was real torn on crafting Bloodmage Thalnos, but I decided to go ahead and do it because it's such a powerful card. I was fucking pissed when the next TWO legendary cards I pulled was that fucking bastard. I have all the standard cards, and all the commons/rares/epics. I'm missing about 7 or 8 legendary cards to have a complete set. School has me so busy that I don't get to play too often. I wish this was on the ipad already so I could play between classes.

EDIT - Love Pat Nagle, too. He's probably my favorite card. Having him and mana tide totems out is so great.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I was very inefficient buying packs. I bought 40 packs, then craft stuff, then bought 40 more and crafted again. Not the smartest play. If I could do it all over, I would have bought them all at once and then crafted, but at the time I wasn't sure if I would buy more. I didn't anticipate the level of addiction this game has on me haha.

Hopefully we'll run into each other this weekend and can play some.

I was so happy this morning when I saw the 100 gold daily for 7 wins in any mode. I wish all dailies could be that boss.

Last edited:

cannonball

15 Year Member
On release, you'll be able to get golden hero portraits after 500 ranked wins with a specific hero. Pretty sweet.

The card backs are also going to be animated I hear: card backs [imgur]

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yeah, I think I'm done buying packs. I think it's smart to buy at least a couple $50 bundles in the beginning to get you going, which isn't bad. Considering the game is free, and if you take into account CCGs in general, a $100 investment is nothing. Then you can run dailies, buy packs with gold, and craft all day long.

If you ever see me on, throw me an invite. I've been playing like shit lately, though. Making dumb moves like ending turns too quick while having mana available for hero power. I don't know what's wrong with me. Probably midterms. My brain is fried. But, hey, free wins!

Those hero portraits are fucking boss. How do you know your stats per hero, though? Is there a way to check? I just know the quest log tells you your overall play wins and rank for each hero.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Those hero portraits are fucking boss. How do you know your stats per hero, though? Is there a way to check? I just know the quest log tells you your overall play wins and rank for each hero.

I'm hoping they add more statistics when the release the golden portrait changes so you can easily keep track. I don't believe there's any way at the moment to see how many ranked wins you have with each hero.

cannonball

15 Year Member
wes, as a fellow guitarist I thought you'd like this:

The sheet music/tabs link is in the description

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
That's awesome because most of the time I'm playing Hearthstone, I'm fiddling around on the guitar. I've figured out most of the tune just by waiting for some jackass to take a year to complete his turn. Hearthstone needs some variety with their soundtrack, though. Maybe in future updates. I hope it's in the same vein of "Don't Let Your Guard Down."

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I've been playing this again; usually between rounds of Titanfall.

Think I'm at like Rank 18 with my Priest... really want to drop some real money on it to boost my deck as it's very basic, but I can't justify it.

Still a lot of fun regardless.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Looks like Blizzard dropped the ipad version to only a select few markets. With a quick work-around, I'm finally playing the mofo the way it's meant to be played!

mjLPIAy.jpg

cannonball

15 Year Member
Looks like Blizzard dropped the ipad version to only a select few markets. With a quick work-around, I'm finally playing the mofo the way it's meant to be played!

View attachment 13004

Did you have to just change your apple account region in order to download it? Does that have any effect on your other apple purchases on your ipad?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Did you have to just change your apple account region in order to download it? Does that have any effect on your other apple purchases on your ipad?

I had to do it just to look at the Canadian version of the store. Once I downloaded it, I switched back my info and have been playing it with no problems since. I've also purchased stuff since, and there hasn't been any problem.

I followed the steps on this site: http://www.geek.com/games/how-to-get-hearthstone-on-the-ipad-right-now-1590608/

I used some Ottawa postal code that a guy in the comments section gave. It was pretty easy.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I had to do it just to look at the Canadian version of the store. Once I downloaded it, I switched back my info and have been playing it with no problems since. I've also purchased stuff since, and there hasn't been any problem.

I followed the steps on this site: http://www.geek.com/games/how-to-get-hearthstone-on-the-ipad-right-now-1590608/

I used some Ottawa postal code that a guy in the comments section gave. It was pretty easy.

Thanks for the info. That was my only concern, that you'd have to leave your account in the other region to continue to use it. That's pretty rad.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Looks like it's been officially available worldwide for awhile now. I've found myself playing a lot more, and tinkering around with crazy decks --and that's where I'm finding the most fun in the game. Creating the craziest gimmick deck possible and trying to win with it (although I still use my competitive Rogue deck for ranked play). I had a 100% legendary deck going the other week that had absolutely no synergy to it at all, and I lost probably 80% of my games, but when I won it was satisfying as hell. Being able to fuck around with deck builds on the ipad makes it much easier, and more fun.

Right now I'm tweaking a deck that's built around drawing an insane amount of cards. Almost every card has a "draw card" function to it. The only downside is that I draw myself out in mid-game a lot, and I often lose cards because my hand is too full, haha. I lose a lot to Shamans and decks with a lot of taunts. But when the win happens...mmmmm...

So is it just me and cannonball that still play this?

cannonball

15 Year Member
Looks like it's been officially available worldwide for awhile now. I've found myself playing a lot more, and tinkering around with crazy decks --and that's where I'm finding the most fun in the game. Creating the craziest gimmick deck possible and trying to win with it (although I still use my competitive Rogue deck for ranked play). I had a 100% legendary deck going the other week that had absolutely no synergy to it at all, and I lost probably 80% of my games, but when I won it was satisfying as hell. Being able to fuck around with deck builds on the ipad makes it much easier, and more fun.

Right now I'm tweaking a deck that's built around drawing an insane amount of cards. Almost every card has a "draw card" function to it. The only downside is that I draw myself out in mid-game a lot, and I often lose cards because my hand is too full, haha. I lose a lot to Shamans and decks with a lot of taunts. But when the win happens...mmmmm...

So is it just me and cannonball that still play this?

haha i love the draw deck. That's awesome. Yeah I really like having the ipad version I find myself just playing random games when I have a few mins as it's so easy to just pick up and play. I have to admit I haven't been playing as much lately, just enough to get the ranked card backs, although I am starting to get the urge to rank up again and get those golden heroes. I just rebuilt my warlock giants deck again so I kind of go back and forth between that and control warrior.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I really wish there were more deck slots. 9 just isn't enough for the amount of decks that I like to customize. I hate deleting decks just to make room. I'm not sure why they don't separate decks into hero categories and then allow something like 9 decks per hero. I've read that Blizzard is toying with the idea of charging for extra deck slots, but that would be a huge turn-off to me.

I recently created a random deck that consists of cards that trigger random effects (Tinkmaster Overspark, Knife Juggler, Mad Bomber, Master Swordsmith, etc), and it makes the game much more interesting and fun, imo. Sometimes it can be depressing because nothing goes right for you, but that's the roll of the dice. I think I only have two real competitive decks, which is the Rogue control and the Shaman murloc rushdown. Everything else is for pure fun. I think I'm going to toy around with a Paladin taunt/weapon deck and see what sort of viability it has. It'll probably suck and be a blast to play.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I bought an iPad Mini a little while back and have been playing this a ton.

Haven't done too much serious Ranked play (although I have been tinkering with my Priest deck for that purpose) and have mostly kept it to just having fun with random deck builds.

Just did a fun Rogue low-cost Spell Rush deck with Mana Addict and Questing Adventurer as its base and also did a Paladin Protection Type deck with lots of Divine Shield, Taunts, and Blood Knight for a surprising and quick high damage chance.

Game is a ton of fun and definitely the perfect iPad game.