Heat - Spurs Finals Rematch

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
San Antonio, bring your big ass women and talk shit in here.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Spurs are looking really hungry and want that revenge but the Heat are not going to let it go to 7 games this time around. I don't think there was nearly enough hate in this thread last year, guess people just realize that when it comes to basketball you can't beat this state.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Spurs are looking really hungry and want that revenge but the Heat are not going to let it go to 7 games this time around. I don't think there was nearly enough hate in this thread last year, guess people just realize that when it comes to basketball you can't beat this state.

Massachusetts?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I don't think I even watched a single NBA game this year. My interest in the Association is so low as long as Miami has that team.

Without knowing anything about either of the team or the changes they've gone through in the last year, I'm predicting the Heat will win again.

I'll be watching hockey.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I hope the Spurs win just so maybe fucking Duncan will retire and get the fuck out of my conference.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
I hope the Spurs win just so maybe fucking Duncan will retire and get the fuck out of my conference.

RyfZzN6.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Tonights game between LA and Chi could be an all-timer, I'm watching it over WWE and I don't even have a dog in the fight!

Great game and great series. My Blackhawks lost, but I have no problems saying I was thrilled and entertained for all seven of those games.

I'll be pulling for the Rangers in the cup. Nothing bad to say about the Kings, but the Rangers are due.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Zero interest in basketball, beyond seeing Sterling put a beatdown on the NBA and seeing Silver fired. I promise you that if a trial against the NBA was televised, it would get higher ratings than the continually decaying NBA ratings.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Looks like the Spurs are the favorites this year. I still say Heat in 6

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
finally real sport talk.

go rangers!

Hockey is the only sport I care about anymore.

The NBA is just sad and depressing now. Spend some time away from it and then come back to it and it's easy to see just what a production it all is.

Hockey still feels real to me. It still feels like a competition between teams. It's a beautiful, fluid and graceful thing, even when people are clearing out bodies, chipping at the puck in the corners, crashing the boards and getting fierce with each other.

I never used to understand why hockey fights break out so often. I used to attribute it to angry white people on ice skates, but it's so much more. The speed, intensity, competition, constant physical contact and numerous minor injuries that people play with all add up and start a type of fire in the players that makes everything else pale by comparison.

I'm really glad I discovered Hockey last out of the 'four major' sports. And I'm glad I discovered it at this stage in my life when I was pretty much tired of professional sports as a whole. Stay pure, hockey.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
In 10 years, the NBA will probably be finished.

That's extremely unlikely.

EDIT: A few minutes of glossing over that Wikipedia article tells me that you haven't understood it. It says in the introduction part that viewership has been on the rise since 2007.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That's extremely unlikely.

EDIT: A few minutes of glossing over that Wikipedia article tells me that you haven't understood it. It says in the introduction part that viewership has been on the rise since 2007.

I understood it well, but that rise was hardly impressive. Considering that it was so much higher 15 years ago, I will commit to my stance. You might need to move to the USA to understand how little the NBA will interest you here.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
If the Cubs won the world series, baseball would enjoy a huge surge of interest. It would be the most important sports story of all time.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Baseball sucks. Nothing will change that, unless they remove all the idiot male players and replace them with idiot females players naked.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Actually, I'm also into LFL and women's MMA. But I have to leave my homocave if I want to see those events.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
The thing that gets me about the NBA is how popular the college version of the sport and March Madness are by comparison. How do the pros end up being that boring when the college league has become a yearly event? I think NBA needs to scrap its model at some point and copy the NFL's parity - aggressive salary caps, more balanced teams, scheduling disadvantages to playoff contenders. A dynasty once in a generation is nice but having nothing but dynasties over and over is a snoozefest.