Hello from California

flat6

n00b
I finally got my first Neo Geo! Always been a fan, could never afford one until now.

IMG_4420.jpg

I've only got the cheapest, most common games for now. I also got myself a Furrtek MVS converter to open up the possibility of collecting arcade exclusive games, although I might just get a flash cart and call it a day.

IMG_4423.jpg

My AES came complete in a box. The icing on the cake was the warranty card, stamped with the original date and place of purchase. Some lucky one bought this on 1993/8/21 at an electronic retailer called Laox in Akihabara.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 9.50.16 PM.jpg

I looked up that address. That Laox store had moved, and the address is now a crafts shop called Kotobukiya... hey, I visited that exact store last time during my trip to Japan! It was interesting knowing where my AES came from, it may seem weird but it definitely feels like I'm starting to build a bond with it.

EDIT: are the attachment showing up for you guys? I could see my attached photos during post preview, but can't see them once I actually posted (appearing as links only, leading to the standard "no permission" page)

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I see pictures, such as the one with the video game sitting on what looks to be a floor freezer.

flat6

n00b
Ha, that's just a red desktop. Thanks for confirming. I guess I can't see my own attachments, weird.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Welcome, ignore most of the people on here, they are probably MVS owners and have no idea what the joy of owning an AES feels like because they're poor and bitter.

Lord Igniz

n00b
EDIT: are the attachment showing up for you guys? I could see my attached photos during post preview, but can't see them once I actually posted (appearing as links only, leading to the standard "no permission" page)

Welcome, I'm also in CA and got my AES last year (well, October 2019) when I was in Osaka. I definitely recommend getting a flash cart, the NeoSD Pro has been serving me well. The Neo Geo was also a pipe dream for me for such a long time, but after seeing a CIB one during my last trip to Japan, I had to snatch one up and bring it home. Truly a great decision.

And no, I cannot see your pics.