Hello, i'm new. I wanted an advice about an Arcade Stick to buy

RainerV

n00b
Hello, i'm new from this forum. I have found this forum while searching informations about Arcade Stick since i'm totally unexepert.
I'm thinking about to buy and Arcade Stick for PC, the price isn't important, and i Just want the quality. I want to know if it's better Rap4 Kai With hayabusa buttons and sawn lever (modding It) or to go directly With Qnba obsidian ? Thanks in advance for anyone get interest to give me some advices about this.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
It's all personal preference. I prefer the Hori Hayabusa stick and buttons but I didn't start with Hayabusa. You can't go wrong with Sanwa, Seimitsu or Hori Hayabusa .

Sanwa JLF stick: most peeps are happy with Sanwa, not so stiff as Seimitsu, allrounder
Hori Hayabusa stick: even more loose than a Sanwa, too loose for many but not for me, stock Sanwa spring works
Seimitsu stick: pretty stiff compared to Sanwa, great for shmups or 2d fighting games, depends on the model

Sanwa buttons: great for shmups, very responsive
Hory Hayabusa buttons: pretty close to Sanwa, very responsive even more than Sanwa
Seimitsu buttons: great for fighting games in general, you need more pressure than for the others

Looseness sticks: Hayabusa > Sanwa > Seimitsu
Responsiveness buttons: Hayabusa > Sanwa > Seimitsu

Didn't bother to try Korean sticks yet because you can forget 2d fighting games with them.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member

I got the rap4 kai and I am pretty happy with it. It is also compatible with PS5.​

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
It's all personal preference. I prefer the Hori Hayabusa stick and buttons but I didn't start with Hayabusa. You can't go wrong with Sanwa, Seimitsu or Hori Hayabusa .

Sanwa JLF stick: most peeps are happy with Sanwa, not so stiff as Seimitsu, allrounder
Hori Hayabusa stick: even more loose than a Sanwa, too loose for many but not for me, stock Sanwa spring works
Seimitsu stick: pretty stiff compared to Sanwa, great for shmups or 2d fighting games, depends on the model

Sanwa buttons: great for shmups, very responsive
Hory Hayabusa buttons: pretty close to Sanwa, very responsive even more than Sanwa
Seimitsu buttons: great for fighting games in general, you need more pressure than for the others

Looseness sticks: Hayabusa > Sanwa > Seimitsu
Responsiveness buttons: Hayabusa > Sanwa > Seimitsu

Didn't bother to try Korean sticks yet because you can forget 2d fighting games with them.
Sanwa JLF is better for fighting games.
Seimitsu LS-32 is better for shooters, more precise control than JLF. Also very good for fighters.
I have used a stick with a combination of LS-32 stick and Sanwa buttons, it's quite good.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
The Obsidian is a luxury stick so the build quality is different. All of these arcade sticks can have the same parts. They are easily swapped. I have an Obsidian and a RAP V3-SA. There’s a big difference in weight and feel, but they both have the same controls. If you get all crazy with moving around while playing, you might want a heavier stick. Maybe you play on a table or with the stick on your lap? I like Seimitsu LS-56 joysticks with short throw mod and octogate for shmups.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Sanwa JLF is better for fighting games.
Seimitsu LS-32 is better for shooters, more precise control than JLF. Also very good for fighters.
I have used a stick with a combination of LS-32 stick and Sanwa buttons, it's quite good.

Some pics of my collection. I own more than 30 arcade sticks. 2 with a Seimitsu LS-32 and Sanwa buttons if you scroll down. I don't need advice and like I said in the post you quoted it's all about personal preference.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member

Some pics of my collection. I own more than 30 arcade sticks. 2 with a Seimitsu LS-32 and Sanwa buttons if you scroll down. I don't need advice and like I said in the post you quoted it's all about personal preference.
Sorry (the advice was for the OP).

The Obsidian is a luxury stick so the build quality is different. All of these arcade sticks can have the same parts. They are easily swapped. I have an Obsidian and a RAP V3-SA. There’s a big difference in weight and feel, but they both have the same controls. If you get all crazy with moving around while playing, you might want a heavier stick. Maybe you play on a table or with the stick on your lap? I like Seimitsu LS-56 joysticks with short throw mod and octogate for shmups.
It can also be good to get a stick that's easy to rest your palms on (where the front part isn't too high). It's easy to that with the NEO GEO AES stick, for example.

https://www.slagcoin.com/joystick.html info about arcade joysticks

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have one of those licensed sony/hori ps4 sticks with the hayabusa stick and buttons. Not a real fan of it, feels all loosey goosey. Compared to a tight LS-32 anyway.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Kinda surprised to see a preference for Hori, TBH. Personally, I'd recommend OP go with JLF if he's playing shooters and fighters. I started with a Seimitsu stick and it was perfect for shmups but pretty crunchy for fighters.