Hey guys check my gamer collection

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Hey guys just started getting into "AES"

I can't justify the cost of homecarts really so I spend 85% of what a totally mint game would be on a "gamer condition" magician lord US I saved up three months for and traded a bunch of jaguar and cdi games on neogaf or racketboy or some shitty forum where they all stink and can barely communicate with people in person

Here's my collection so far
*Shows 7 beat to fuck carts with cracked trays no manuals and fluffy inserts, some US, JP, dogtag*

I only care about the gaaames! But I just had to "collect" for the "AES"

*Throws phone at wall*

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Have you tried the Neo Geo CD? You can play CDRs on it so it's way cheaper as well! I also really love the loading times, it reminds me of being in the 90s! I know I wasn't actually alive in the 90s but that's besides the point.

Last edited:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Anyone got any recommendations for carts for a Neo Geo X Gold Console? I just got a sweet deal on one near mint CIB on eBay - £700.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
All these years later and it still bugs me seeing Japanese homecarts mixed in with other regions.

Oof just unacceptable.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Don't forget the US system that's beat to shit, cost 3x more than a Japanese one and has no unibios so everything is censored, hooked up to a 65" OLED TV and stretched to widescreen.
Goddamn. Just reading that pisses me the hell off. Still the worst part of the Neo, the censorship.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Anyone who has an AES who can't get a mint copy of Samurai Spirits II should just get the fuck out.

Seriously. Put down the stick and put that crap back on eBay or go your local flea market you dirty little scrub.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I actually sold one on eBay for like $400 last year 🤣

Yeah, I can’t believe the prices these POS branded emulator clones are going for. Well done on the flip.

It’s like if the Atmark Megadrives with terrible emulation suddenly skyrocketed in price.

Why?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
No joke, you can save a lot of money buying AES carts loose with scratches, because so much of the market these days is collectors. My kind of collection.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No joke, you can save a lot of money buying AES carts loose with scratches, because so much of the market these days is collectors. My kind of collection.
I always liked finding stuff with cases but no manuals. Cancer to collectors. I'm out of home carts though, other than some random shit I've had for years and isn't worth selling.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I’m glad I’m not the only one that doesn’t mind a case or manual missing so long as the price is right. I’d never pay 85% full price for a bare cart. 40% to 50%, sure.

I’m willing to accept the market for sane AES deals was 2 decades ago.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I’m glad I’m not the only one that doesn’t mind a case or manual missing so long as the price is right. I’d never pay 85% full price for a bare cart. 40% to 50%, sure.

I’m willing to accept the market for sane AES deals was 2 decades ago.
Yeah you like that don't you? You filthy bare aes collector.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Ew, these people are so crude.

Next they'll be revealing that they type their own forum replies. How gauche.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I never understood US collectors.

The US system censorship has already been mentioned. But what about the inserts? How do you pay 3x ~ 5x more for a US / Euro copy of a homecart when the only difference is shittier insert and a manual you’ll never use written in Engrish?

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I never understood US collectors.

The US system censorship has already been mentioned. But what about the inserts? How do you pay 3x ~ 5x more for a US / Euro copy of a homecart when the only difference is shittier insert and a manual you’ll never use written in Engrish?
People have loved the "uniform spine" on US/Euro inserts since AES collecting became a thing in the 90's. That's nothing new. I've never liked the US inserts, as I've always preferred imports of any variety - but to each their own. I can at least appreciate the aesthetics of that.

These days, though, modern shelf/dust collectors just want whatever is most expensive for...clout on their Facebook group? 🤷‍♂️ The entire US retro game market is bunk right now, not just the niche AES market.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
People have loved the "uniform spine" on US/Euro inserts since AES collecting became a thing in the 90's. That's nothing new. I've never liked the US inserts, as I've always preferred imports of any variety - but to each their own. I can at least appreciate the aesthetics of that.

These days, though, modern shelf/dust collectors just want whatever is most expensive for...clout on their Facebook group? 🤷‍♂️ The entire US retro game market is bunk right now, not just the niche AES market.
It depends on how you like it arranged.

Some people like to expose the art style of the insert, so they show their games kinda like you do.
Others just prefer to have them tight on the shelves. I believe, those prefer the uniform style of the Euro/US spines.