Hey guys check my gamer collection

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
A local used game store I frequented in the 90's had the cases out for a while where you could actually touch them and rent them, so I have nostalgia for the US art. But otherwise I don't really care which I have. I usually prefer Japanese versions if they're cheaper.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
The uniform spine argument is something that never crossed my mind. Imagine how the Japanese must feel!? Being the target audience yet getting inferior spines!

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
The uniform spine argument is something that never crossed my mind. Imagine how the Japanese must feel!? Being the target audience yet getting inferior spines!
How sperger you must be to care about that. I mean books or comics don't have the same spine either.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
I did hear that argument quite often in the past.

that the US AES backs are more uniform and nicer to look at in a shelf and that Japan AES is more like colors, rainbows and skittles...

which I prefer over US any day...

NGLad

n00b
Lol, uniform spine... the fact people sperg out on what their games look like on a shelf is mind blowing to me.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Lol, uniform spine... the fact people sperg out on what their games look like on a shelf is mind blowing to me.

Yeah, but you need to remember that 90 percent of all AES games just live on the shelves of people with no interest in playing videogames and have far more money than common sense.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Yeah, but you need to remember that 90 percent of all AES games just live on the shelves of people with no interest in playing videogames and have far more money than common sense.

That’s my rationale for not caring about buying cheap bare AES carts. At least they are getting used.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The problem with cheap bare shitty AES carts is that when you have to sell them, guess who has to bail you out? That's right, the same mentally deficient people that only want pristine copies. The lower the quality the harder it is to sell later.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The problem with cheap bare shitty AES carts is that when you have to sell them, guess who has to bail you out? That's right, the same mentally deficient people that only want pristine copies. The lower the quality the harder it is to sell later.
Sad but true. I'll rarely buy a CD based game (for any "retro" format) if it's missing its spine card. And it's not because I'm some anal completist - far from it. But what I do know, from expereince, is that if I decide to sell that game (because I either don't like it or don't play it enough to warrant keeping it), then it's going to be soooooo much easier getting rid if it's a complete copy.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sad but true. I'll rarely buy a CD based game (for any "retro" format) if it's missing its spine card. And it's not because I'm some anal completist - far from it. But what I do know, from expereince, is that if I decide to sell that game (because I either don't like it or don't play it enough to warrant keeping it), then it's going to be soooooo much easier getting rid if it's a complete copy.
I never had a problem selling CDs without a spine but I certainly got more money when they had them. I couldn’t move a loose copy of Big Tournament Golf even though it’s one of it most sought after games. Oh well, more Scotland course for me.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I couldn’t move a loose copy of Big Tournament Golf even though it’s one of it most sought after games. Oh well, more Scotland course for me.
If you were asking big money for a loose disc, then it's no surprise. That game is way overvalued anyway. It's in demand but clearly not rare.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
What are we even talking about here. I'm perpetually surprised to see new updates in this thread.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you were asking big money for a loose disc, then it's no surprise. That game is way overvalued anyway. It's in demand but clearly not rare.
I don’t remember exactly what i had it listed for, but it was like a quarter the price that complete ones were going for. No nibbles, no offers, nothing. So I kept it. Motherfuckers would rather pay more money for Kabuki Klash because it had the spine card.

metouto

n00b
Hey guys just started getting into "AES"

I can't justify the cost of homecarts really so I spend 85% of what a totally mint game would be on a "gamer condition" magician lord US I saved up three months for and traded a bunch of jaguar and cdi games on neogaf or racketboy or some shitty forum where they all stink and can barely communicate with people in person

Here's my collection so far
*Shows 7 beat to fuck carts with cracked trays no manuals and fluffy inserts, some US, JP, dogtag*

I only care about the gaaames! But I just had to "collect" for the "AES"

*Throws phone at wall*
you make this better.