Hey

traveno

Rugal's Thug
I used to play MS1 and a couple other games at my local pizza shop when I was a kid. I had forgotten about those games until my buddy booted it up on his CMVS last year. I was hooked on the nostalgia. He and I recently finished my own CMVS build and I'm currently designing and 3D printing a couple AES-style controllers to boot. This is, by far, the most fun I've had with anything retro.

I've lurked here for a little while now. I figured I'd join the fun with you all. So here I am :)

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Welcome. I too totally forgot about the Neo until I saw the games later as an adult.

Collect while you can, the market is pretty ridiculous these days. Nostalgia has a price, when it comes to the Neo scene.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Welcome to the party! Now take off your pants and close your eyes, we all have a very special present for you!

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Empty words, give me evidence. Also hello.

Sure thing. Here's the controller I whipped up last night.

KKqxqwO.png

Here it is being printed on my CR10-S5 as we speak.

DwO7fHZ.jpg

Here's a controller port housing I made a few weeks back.

xTOWYBE.png

R7A2rnF.png

Here it is assembled and installed on my MV1C.

hMIygSQ.jpg

:buttrock:

Last edited:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Nice job with those! That controller port housing looks slick. I'm assuming you also did the housing for your CMVS?

Welcome to the "Neo scene."

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Nice job with those! That controller port housing looks slick. I'm assuming you also did the housing for your CMVS?

Welcome to the "Neo scene."

Thanks! Actually my buddy sourced the parts and built it for me. I simply supplied the money and let him use my printer for whatever parts he needed.

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
Looking good. Will you be covering the sides of the enclosure with anything or just leaving them open?

traveno

Rugal's Thug
I'm leaving it exposed. I like the look. This way, it will match the exposed look of my CMVS and the controller port housing. I'll tidy up the wiring and add proper support for those button-mashing games, but everything will be nice and visible. I designed this controller quickly so I could have a functioning two player set up by this weekend.

Maybe "MODEL TWO" will be fully enclosed and look much sleeker. We'll see!

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
If you ever want some 3D printed plates for those boards, Lions3D on the forums can hook you up. They look good and aren't too expensive.

traveno

Rugal's Thug
A handful. Off the top of my head: World Heroes, Top Hunter, Spin Master, Blazing Star, KOF98, 2020 Super Baseball, Ninja Combat, Shock Troopers, Neo Turf Masters, SamSho II, a couple of the Metal Slug games.

traveno

Rugal's Thug
If you ever want some 3D printed plates for those boards, Lions3D on the forums can hook you up. They look good and aren't too expensive.

Perfect. I believe the acrylic part of the MV1C build was sourced from Lions3D. The rest is my friend’s design so that he could mount the power/AV ports and switches.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Wow that's some nice work there, alright put your pants back on.

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Glad to see you finally made it Traveno! Building that CMVS was fun, too bad it only lasted a day to build. The three months waiting for parts was fun though lol. If anybody is interested in those controller enclosures I have STL files for them (Travenos is his own based off mine so you'll have to ask for his) Here's some shots of the build https://imgur.com/a/Xyb0F60

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Glad to see you finally made it Traveno! Building that CMVS was fun, too bad it only lasted a day to build. The three months waiting for parts was fun though lol. If anybody is interested in those controller enclosures I have STL files for them (Travenos is his own based off mine so you'll have to ask for his) Here's some shots of the build https://imgur.com/a/Xyb0F60

What’s up man. Yeah thanks for sharing those build pictures, they look great!

Once I finish my controller build, I’ll share some photos and files if anyone would like them.