Hi Hypers

Hello, I´m totally new to this forum, first of all: HI THERE!
At last I found a place in the web where they are talking about the HNG 64.
Actually, I wanted to let you know about vektorlogic, but I saw that has happened already.
Maybe I have some news for you you don´t know yet:
I contacted vektorlogic and asked about the development of the new HNG 64 games.
Their reply(in my words, not the original reply) :
Vektorlogic is working on some MVS (MVS!!!)
titles, a puzzle is already sure to be released, others may follow.
A few weeks later these titles will be converted to Hyper NeoGeo with improved graphics, sound etc. if they´re succesfull.
(Hopefully I didn´t tell anything wrong)

I personnely hope they will be developing
some games ONLY for the Hyper, since 3D concepts like Buriki One were really great.
And if theres a genre that will always be succesful on a NeoGeo, than it´s fighting.
What do you think of a Buriki two with Joe Higashi instead of Payak Sitpitak?

A last question: can anyone estimate how many private HNG 64 users are out there?
And do you know some pages for the hyper, I only know http://www.daddelkingz.de
from my country, a really great site!

Thanks

[This message has been edited by StrongestUkyo (edited February 05, 2001).]

Close in the translation, but not too wrong from our mail transaction.

OK - Hyper 64 systems first - there is work ongoing on a new game at this time, based around the JAMMA LVS - the non-JAMMA fighting boards are included in this :-)

Work will run parallel to MVS work but not on the same software - I don't want to parallel effort on split systems. LVS has some v nice capabilities but we are looking at a limited market in all reality.

I am not sure as to how many H64 systems were actually sold by the factory, but probably not that many. I've got 3000 of them so maybe they sold about 2-3000 - hey it could be 7K - what the hell.

We have sold off the advance shipment from SNK, around 50 sets and balance is somewhere on the ocean, due to arrive on 26 Feb. Out of the 3000 MBs, 300 will be sold off, included with 3 carts for $295 (sorry not meant to be an ad, just giving out the facts) Of the remaining hardware and software (4000 units) the new game will be produced, and sold as a kit (PCB+soft) with about 1000 software only packages. Remember, even for 2D applications, the NG64 is head and shoulders above the MVS.

MVS work....3 new games on the cards and I will post pics when they are close enough to completion for us not to worry about it. For the record, SNK were given the opportunity to arrange a license for work in exchange for additional tech info (not that much was needed) and they were unable to provide the goods or even get to a decision in time. Hence the work is going ahead without them. The games will be published internally and sold worldwide. Prices will be v reasonable and there will be AES work ports also.

More notably, there will be 3rd party kits available later this year, when the software and hardware work is complete on the development tools, for development of other titles from other developers - this may carry across for the H64 also depeding upon market requirements - but the industry is in a huge state of depression right now, so we'll have to see.

Anyway - that clears the decks on that one.

Regards

Jeff F

eaglesfan

Quiz Detective
A couple of things: While surfing the internet, I ran across a picture of a new Hyper Neo Geo arcade cabinet by SNK: I looks really cool: Anyone have any info on this cab? Is it available,etc?
Take a looks: http://www.greggman.com/cgi-bin/showpage.cgi?../japan/JAMMA%20show.htm
Also, I mentioned in the news and rumors section the rumor of a new SNK/Azure arcade board on the order of the Hyper only which more current specs? Anyone have any other info. Appparently Apple Photo systems will neither acknowledge or deny the rumor. Lets
keep our fingers crossed!
Thanks.

Andy Geez

n00b
Yeah, I wouldn't mind one of those cabinets, probably a case of Made in Japan/Available in Japan, never see many of those style cabs in the UK.