Ho ho Holy Shit it's Christmas!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
We Germans celebrate Christmas on the 24th, it's called Heiliger Abend ("holy eve" or summat). The last one of our guests went home an hour ago (currently it's 2:55 am over here), the missus went to bed already and I'm sitting here and enjoying the xmas peace with a glass of Cognac and a fat cigar.

I've taken some pics for you guys...

Our Christmas dinner: Roulades with potato dumplings, red cabbage, steamed marrons and a pear with cranberries on top as a sweet-ish counterpart. Roulades are rolled pieces of thin beef filled with gherkins, bacon, onions, mustard, salt and pepper. They get roasted for a few minutes and then cooked in a wine gravy for three to four hours, then they're as soft as a fluffy cloud... :drool:

weihnachten01.jpg

Our Christmas tree with real candles. I always keep a fire extinguisher and a bucket of water handy, just in case...

weihnachten02.jpg

Two of my presents, one is a William's Christ pear Schnapps, the other one is good ol' Schladerer Obstwasser, the best stuff you can get:

weihnachten03.jpg

One part of the Christmas decoration:

weihnachten04.jpg

Our Christmas pyramid. The heat of the candles lets it spin around. It's a pittoresque scene with Joseph, Mary and lil' Jesus, the three kings, the sheperds and some angels on top. These pyramids have a long tradition over here.

weihnachten05.jpg

My well-stocked cigar Humidor for Christmas Eve. As both of my father in law and Tine's aunt Inge like to smoke a stoogie after a good dinner, I've bought some good cigars from Cuba, Manila, Holland, Mexico and Indonesia.

weihnachten06.jpg

I wish you guys merry Christmas, have fun and enjoy the feast! :)

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I'm sick, just got sick.

This is my nephew's first Christmas so I went a little wild toy shopping. Alphabet blocks and a plush lobster. I basically bought kids toys for everybody else too haha, also a few blurays. Bought myself an electric guitar lol. So glad I got my Christmas shopping done early this year. I'd hate to be out there now. I love hanging out with my Grandma!

Merry Christmas everyone. It's brandy alexander time!

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Breakfast with my Mom tomorrow morning, then dinner with my girlfriend's family.

VI.png

Awww yea, VIP in full effect.
Yes I watch this movie once every two weeks.

Myself? Playing games tonight, playing games tomorrow. I might eat some bamboo sometime in between.

Last edited:

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Watching "A Christmas Story" on TBS for the first sitting, and then some gaming afterwards. Tomorrow, spending time with the family, maybe bouncing around from a friend's house to another, and then, more gaming. Work on Thursday :/

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Plan on gaming some. Tomorrow plan on hunting down two or the crt's to hook up my other older systems.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
We Germans celebrate Christmas on the 24th, it's called Heiliger Abend ("holy eve" or summat). The last one of our guests went home an hour ago (currently it's 2:55 am over here), the missus went to bed already and I'm sitting here and enjoying the xmas peace with a glass of Cognac and a fat cigar.

I've taken some pics for you guys...

Our Christmas dinner: Roulades with potato dumplings, red cabbage, steamed marrons and a pear with cranberries on top as a sweet-ish counterpart. Roulades are rolled pieces of thin beef filled with gherkins, bacon, onions, mustard, salt and pepper. They get roasted for a few minutes and then cooked in a wine gravy for three to four hours, then they're as soft as a fluffy cloud... :drool:

View attachment 9581

Our Christmas tree with real candles. I always keep a fire extinguisher and a bucket of water handy, just in case...

View attachment 9582

Two of my presents, one is a William's Christ pear Schnapps, the other one is good ol' Schladerer Obstwasser, the best stuff you can get:

View attachment 9583

One part of the Christmas decoration:

View attachment 9584

Our Christmas pyramid. The heat of the candles lets it spin around. It's a pittoresque scene with Joseph, Mary and lil' Jesus, the three kings, the sheperds and some angels on top. These pyramids have a long tradition over here.

View attachment 9585

My well-stocked cigar Humidor for Christmas Eve. As both of my father in law and Tine's aunt Inge like to smoke a stoogie after a good dinner, I've bought some good cigars from Cuba, Manila, Holland, Mexico and Indonesia.

View attachment 9586

I wish you guys merry Christmas, have fun and enjoy the feast! :)

I'm quoting this because your Christmas looks epic.

DAT TREE.

I should have known a pyro like you would only rock a tree traditional style like that with candles. Awesome.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Christmas in China. Again. Had dinner with my wife,kids and a friend. We went out for a night walk after dinnner. Around midnight stoped at a friends place for some wisky, stayed there till 2am when the kids were almost ready to give up. Walked back home and voila!Santa had just leaved a bunch of presents under the tree. We all went to bed around 4am.
Today we woke up late and we´ll spend most afternoon on skype with the family back at europe.
we´ll go out at night for some dinner and beer with friends.
Merry Christmas everybody. Even RevStu.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Takumaji - Thank you for sharing! I'm showing off those pics to the family here in Japan.

I woke up. Wife gave me Gran Turismo 6. Bought some beer and I've been cruising with my Preludes around the tracks - HEAVEN.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member

I love these. Some family brought one over to us a bunch of years back. I need to find it and set it up.

Last edited:

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Spent the morning watching my Godchild and her siblings open up presents. Now I'm all cleaned up and am about to head over to my cousin's house to drop off Christmas cards, gift cards, and knick knacks.

Merry Christmas to you all! :buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Spent all last night visiting different time periods in my life only to wake up to nothing under the tree. Let me tell Santa what I told those 4 ghost last night " F U "!!!!!!

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Spent all last night visiting different time periods in my life only to wake up to nothing under the tree. Let me tell Santa what I told those 4 ghost last night " F U "!!!!!!

If you met the 4 Ghosts of Christmass, then that means your .... :lolz:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
If you met the 4 Ghosts of Christmass, then that means your .... :lolz:

I would say I pissed Christmas past off the most. Under the guise of reform I pleaded with him to allow me to talk to my younger self and when he relented I immediately grabbed my younger version by the shoulders and screamed buy Google stock and Apple stock in 97, here are some fucking Lotto numbers to boot. I think time is immutable because I'm still poor in Christmas present and Future apparently.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Yesterday, work.

Today, work.

tomorrow...doesn't matter its not Christmas anymore.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I worked today but it was all good. For those who don't know I work at a group home for emotionally disturbed youth. Anyway, I got to see some happy kids today. Playing catch with a kid who was so happy he got a football for Christmas made my day. I haven't seen anyone smile like that in awhile.

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Christmas gifts this morning with the immediate fam(My daughters first). Then from 11:30 to 8:30 Christmas Buffett,drinks,movies,gifts, and euchre with the wife's family. I made buffalo wings and Thai chili wings. Great time. I scored a ton of gift cards to Lowes, so more tools for me :)

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Did Christams last night, just made the 5 hr. drive back to town this evening. My wife surprised me with Final Fight 3 and had secretly brought the SNES along.

Seeing my family for the holidays was the best. Merry Christmas everybody!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I worked today but it was all good. For those who don't know I work at a group home for emotionally disturbed youth. Anyway, I got to see some happy kids today. Playing catch with a kid who was so happy he got a football for Christmas made my day. I haven't seen anyone smile like that in awhile.

Same, but instead of emotionally-disturbed youth its adult psychiatric clients. They were easy today so it wasnt too bad.