Holiday Gaming 2020

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
What games are you playing this holiday? I always load up SamSho III and KOF 95 in the MVS because they remind me of playing around Christmas time as a kid. It's become a tradition. I also always play Christmas Nights. What is your holiday go to games and are you looking forward to playing any new games Santa is bringing you?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm probably going to keep working on Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've been playing Blasphemous. Pretty solid so far.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Honestly don’t know. The new 1.5 patch for Stardew valley just came out. But I also finally got around to downgrading the firmware on my pstv to mess around with sharp scale and adrenaline. Whatevs, I got til tomorrow.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I've been playing Bravely Default on 3DS lately, we're going to the gf's brothers house tomorrow and he's big into the newest mortal kombat so we'll most likely play that a bit

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Just Ninja Spirit. No real holiday game traditions here, just really feeling Ninja Spirit for the last couple years.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I haven’t been up for much intense gaming lately. Just running a level here or there on Dragon’s Crown Pro when I have free time.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Finished Cyberpunk last night. I'm about halfway through Morbid: The Seven Acolytes, probably finish it up in a few days. Kind of a 2D isometric Bloodborne-like.

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Just watched two of my kids run through Metal Slug 4. Super fun. They are 7 and 4 years old. Can’t help but smile. I could only dream of having the Neo when I was 7!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I got into Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and I am absolutely hooked. I think Nintendo's Musou BotW prequel experiment worked marvelously. Every character plays differently and they all have unique mechanics. Very smooth gameplay, awesome callbacks to BotW. The story actually has some great moments, tons of surprises and unexpected developments and it's amazing how deftly the game executes on the ideas of Link and Zelfa as central figures in this eternally retold story. Seeing Zelda struggle with her role in things while watching everyone around her quickly adapt to their responsibilities is really fascinating, way more depth than one might expect out of a game in this franchise. And as for Link, I've never seen this character handled better as a concept within a working world and framework. It's amazing how Nintendo and Omega Force found a way to make his heroic qualities shine in a game with this many cutscene and he never says a single word. He may be the only perfect video game hero, from a theme/execution standpoint, that's ever existed.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
It's been more Neo Geo for me. I've been writing some game reviews for a friend, so I've been playing Crossed Swords II, Neo Drift Out, and Futsal to cover those games.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Gonna do a marathon session with Super Mario World.
this game is never not amazing.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Every holiday/season is Castlevania season. Decided to restart Castlevania CotM. Not much else going on, other than messing around with my recently modded GameBoy.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Played through Jet Set Radio (DC) over the holidays.

Fun game, if you cheat and opt for infinite time. I can't imagine enjoying it while trying to fucking beat it legitimately.

Last edited: