Homebrew: rapid fire tester

flat6

n00b
I made a simple homebrew program to test rapid fire. It's as simple as it gets. Hit a button and a timer will start counting for 10 seconds, and at the end it'll show you how many hits it registered. If you have a controller with turbo buttons, this can be a handy way to test them.

preview.png

I've only tested this on emulators and my own 3-5 AES using Darksoft multi-cart. Hope some will find it useful.

project GitHub

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
The gameplay is deeply engaging and holds up well against considerably higher-budget games. The skill ceiling is very high - fans of Dark Souls will definitely want to get their hands on this one. The graphics are a bit disappointing though. Gamers these days will expect more than just 2 colors, although there are plenty of exceptions. This feels a little behind the curve in that regard. Perhaps the sequel could have blue or possibly green text to accompany the monochrome style of this first entry.
8.7 / 10 - IGN

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Only issue I have is it doesn’t launch right away, sometimes I have to try 3-5 times before it picks it up. Could be my driver but I basically left it like puzzledp.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I made a simple homebrew program to test rapid fire. It's as simple as it gets. Hit a button and a timer will start counting for 10 seconds, and at the end it'll show you how many hits it registered. If you have a controller with turbo buttons, this can be a handy way to test them.

View attachment 59338

I've only tested this on emulators and my own 3-5 AES using Darksoft multi-cart. Hope some will find it useful.

project GitHub
How do you put it on the multi cart?

flat6

n00b
How do you put it on the multi cart?
It's actually a flash cart if that's what you're asking. I know most people refers to multi cart as those ROM carts preloaded with pirated games, but that's how Darksoft calls it.

flat6

n00b
Only issue I have is it doesn’t launch right away, sometimes I have to try 3-5 times before it picks it up. Could be my driver but I basically left it like puzzledp.
I don't have a MVSX so I can't really tell what's wrong there. Maybe like MAME it might do a checksum on the (supposedly) puzzledp rom and find CRC mismatch, but MAME would still launch the program regardless and I'm not sure why it only occasionally works on MVSX.

It's really cool to see it running on another hardware! Thanks for sharing!