Horrible MAMEcabs

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Thanks a lot for the fucking nightmares, asshole :)
That thing is straight from hell.....

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Err.. What the FUCK would posess someone to build such an ugly heap of shit?

Even if I tried as hard as I could to make the most ridiculous looking control panel in the world it wouldn't be half as bad as that.

Testocules

Fio's Quartermaster
My god, I couldn't look away... Its horrific, like a terrible automobile accident. How many buttons does it take to play Streets of Rage anyway?:loco:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I bet there's nothing like playing Street Fighter II with 9-buttons and a giant steering wheel pressed against your nuts.

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Jesus Christ dancing on a saltine cracker....

Did the guys from Pimp My Ride go into MAME cab building?

God damn that's awful.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
Naw, thats not a big red. There was one a guy did on Arcadecontrols.com though. He started it as an MVS restore project, but then he decided to MAME it out. He did a good job and everything, but still. It sucks when people do that to SNK cabs.

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
I think personally, dedicated cabs should be left as such. If you want to have a MAME cab, build it yourself from the ground up, dont ruin or destroy a perfectly good dedicated or original cab for a rom machine.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I think personally, dedicated cabs should be left as such. If you want to have a MAME cab, build it yourself from the ground up, dont ruin or destroy a perfectly good dedicated or original cab for a rom machine.

Hit the nail on the head. Fully agree!

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t

Yep.

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
Hit the nail on the head. Fully agree!

well the problem with your logic is that how many games are dedicated in my time of repairing original machines and building mame rigs i have come across so many conversions its just crazy
i see more games in pac cabs than actual original pac machines (example of t ms pac macine i recived that were converted http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg120/discgolfer99/DSC03323.jpg)
i just got a tempest that was converted into a black tiger and i have actually seen at least 3 other of the same conversion at diffrent auctions

there are really only a verry few cabs that should not be converted to anything
neo 4-6 slot machines,and the majority of the sit down machines like a full tron or sw

everything els really just dosent matter

now if someone comes across a good fully working original cab (or even one that just needs a little work) and then turns it into a mame rig thats a diffrent story

but if a machine is just a broke down empty destined for the dump cab why not bring it back to life as a mame rig so it can get some more use

i think tho that to many mamers try to cover to many games with their rigs
fuck the dipshits that use more than 2 sticks and 14 buttons on their machine anything more (unless its a 4 player cp) is just over kill at most add a track ball to that if your cp is roomy enough
if you want a god dam flight stick or wheel or even a god damn spinner build a machine just fpr thoes game

the point of a mame rig is to be able to recreate the original experince of playing the game
when was the last time you saw a fuking arcade machine with 40,000 joysticks and buttons of every kind

pick a theme and stick with it

here is another example
i recived this street fighter 2 arcade machine completley empty with some bad wood damage on one side
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg120/discgolfer99/DSC03342.jpg

turns out after a little repairing and digging its a original stern cab converted to sf2
but wait thats not the endo f it
after trying to figure out why the marquee does not light i find that someonhe had converted the cab at least once before the sf2 conversio0n
i found black vynl glued to this with the sf2 marquee glued on top of the viynl
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg120/discgolfer99/DSC03345.jpg

and as i posted in another thread here she is now working 100% as a mame rig nice basic and as original looking as any real arcade conversion

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg120/discgolfer99/DSC03392.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg120/discgolfer99/DSC03393.jpg

ill also admit i have butcherd a cab in my own mame tastic way
lol here is my horrific 1st mame build
DSC03177.jpg

(note to self when/why did i ever think using a xarcade on a real arcade cab was a good idea lol)

Last edited:

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Yeah you make a good point. And I agree. But I think way too often you see people taking quality cabs and turning them into mame machines as you described. Broken down is one thing, but a functional piece of history is another. Just my opinion. To me (personally) it's like taking a vintage muscle car and putting a ground kit with neon lighting on it.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
The makers of those "things"should be hunted down and slowly tortured.Don't click that link if you have a weak stomach:D

I almost pissed myself looking at that site. That's funny and sad at the same time.

Thanks Ratson. :)

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah you make a good point. And I agree. But I think way too often you see people taking quality cabs and turning them into mame machines as you described. Broken down is one thing, but a functional piece of history is another. Just my opinion. To me (personally) it's like taking a vintage muscle car and putting a ground kit with neon lighting on it.

i do agree with that if its in any way a salvageable machine (esp if its a rare or hard to find game )in no means is it a good idea to mame it

i buy lots of machines from auctions and if its at all fixable i fix it if not it gets mamed (better to keep it alive as a mame rig instead of filling up a city dump

I almost pissed myself looking at that site. That's funny and sad at the same time.

Thanks Ratson. :)

ps if you guys didnt notice there are even more after that 404 error screen i didnt figure that out till about 2 weeks ago and i have had that page bookmarked for at least 6 months lol

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I looked past the 404 but it didn't get any better:D

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
lol only worse lol i think this one takes the cake
floormame.jpg

it just makes my neck hurt looking at it and god why not just make a arcade controller for your pc

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
lol only worse lol i think this one takes the cake
floormame.jpg

it just makes my neck hurt looking at it and god why not just make a arcade controller for your pc

You couldn't resist could you?But you're probably right about that one taking the cake

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
i like the comment on the ugly mame site about it

"As for the front half of it, what's going on with the buttons? I guess the control panel must be sponsored by McDonalds."
lol

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
The comment is great,could be from a member of this forum

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
All of the cabs on that site look like someone shat into a Play-Doh Fun Factory.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Why do these people always put the trackball in wierd places?? I've never seen an original game with a trackball that wasn't dead center.

After 3 years that is what he has to show...

bout shit myself when he showed the keyboard!

Last edited: