Horrible MAMEcabs

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
People must have way more friends than I do.

It's just in rare occasions that I have a friend for 2 player games on my cabs, image those 4 player beat'em'up.
It will never be used.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
"The Neo Geo had a bad monitor, but the cabinet was in great shape"

Further details revealed on his site confirm this was its only issue, as he continues to list hardware removed...

I swear this one really takes the cake. I think my jaw was literally dropping as I browsed the site.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
At least this guy knows what a reasonable price is.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Argh, thanks to this topic I just had to search the local craigslist. Why ...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ele/4221956078.html
00e0e_2bMbNbELO8Z_600x450.jpg

But who cares about nothing matching the Asteroids panel or the hilarious joystick/button placement, this baby has a built in BEER KEG!

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
why is it so common for people to build cabinets that dick players 3 and 4 out of games with more than 2 buttons?

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Honestly, my opinion is that a mame cab should have only two players. On the super rare occasion where three or four people want to play TMNT or Sunset Riders, just plug in an external USB joystick to the computer.

That way you don't have a control panel sized like the wings of a 747 taking up space in your game room.

This won't work for a xxxx-in-1 build, but whatever.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Honestly, my opinion is that a mame cab should have only two players. On the super rare occasion where three or four people want to play TMNT or Sunset Riders, just plug in an external USB joystick.

That way you don't have a control panel sized like the wings of a 747 taking up space in your game room.
I think I speak for all of us when I say that I wanna fly away from this particular world where people put this kind of shit together

keep the wings

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
X-Arcade is truly the Alienware of home arcade setups. Overpriced crap with an edgy-sounding name, marketed to clueless jackasses too stupid or lazy to build their own shit.

I like how the guy selling the Asteroids butcher-cab assumes that people are going to try to trade stuff for it instead of paying, and that won't cover his rent. I guess you'd have to be a real lowlife to want one of these abominations in the first place.

Last edited:

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
I'm inclined to look on the bright side - at least that's clearly a custom job that he didn't sac a perfectly good cabinet for.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
X-Arcade is truly the Alienware of home arcade setups. Overpriced crap with an edgy-sounding name, marketed to clueless jackasses too stupid or lazy to build their own shit.
Nicely put.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
^ With this desk, one can both work and game with great inconvenience and discomfort!

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
top mounted sticks... can't wrong with that

I would be concerned about cutting my hand up trying to use those sticks, but then I remembered there is no 4 player 6 button games so I guess that's not really a issue after all :-)