Horrible MAMEcabs

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
The "2" in those Mortal Kombat 2 screenshots stands for "2-buttons". Only n00bs need more than high punch and high kick!

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Jeneki: Couldn't have said it better myself... Everyone knows blocking is for the weak!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I hate people who just block all day, its so cheap!

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
This is the 2nd of converted Aero City cabs I have seen on the Orange County craigslist. Last time it was one converted to be a Smash TV cab. http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/3650466038.html

3Lc3M43H25K15Jb5Mdd2s9f4fc4752cc11de0.jpg

Starfire

n00b
I never knew MAME cabinets could be so hideious, the couple I've seen were pretty nice, but some of these are just *throws up in mouth* :oh_no:

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I dont think that Nintendo cab is a horrible mame cab, guy build it from scratch so no arcade cab was sacrifice. Colors match, i think its well made.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I dont think that Nintendo cab is a horrible mame cab, guy build it from scratch so no arcade cab was sacrifice. Colors match, i think its well made.

Yeah, for some reason I kinda dig the custom cab work and Nintendo theme. Pretty clean and simple. MAME is still meh though, but yeah... not at all bad compared to some of the other monstrosities in this thread.

Would've been better if the marquee said Nintendon't though.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Back in the NES days, there was a 3rd party shell that fit over a NES thumbpad, which placed a little knob over the d-pad to make it into a mini-joystick. This control panel looks like a full size version of that. :)

*edit* Found it. It was called the Super Controller, Bandai made it.

Last edited:

SMMM

Rugal's Thug
Yeah, for some reason I kinda dig the custom cab work and Nintendo theme. Pretty clean and simple. MAME is still meh though, but yeah... not at all bad compared to some of the other monstrosities in this thread.

Would've been better if the marquee said Nintendon't though.

The LCD with the stetched-out 3rd Strike is what gets me. If it were an actual Nintendo game in the correct aspect ratio, I'd be alright with it.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I agree with SMMM, dude spends all this time building custom NES cab only to play SF3 on it? If he was playing Nintendo game I would say good job. He also used a 6 button layout, NES never supported 6 buttons... So his intention was to play SF all along, this is why its a failure. You want to play authentic arcade games you use a authentic arcade cab, not rocket science.

voona

n00b
The LCD with the stetched-out 3rd Strike is what gets me. If it were an actual Nintendo game in the correct aspect ratio, I'd be alright with it.

This!

Anyone who plays third strike in wide screen needs a bullet in the brain

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I agree with SMMM, dude spends all this time building custom NES cab only to play SF3 on it? If he was playing Nintendo game I would say good job. He also used a 6 button layout, NES never supported 6 buttons... So his intention was to play SF all along, this is why its a failure. You want to play authentic arcade games you use a authentic arcade cab, not rocket science.

Its a mame cabinet, i dont think its just for Turd Strike...He actually has a spinner so its not dedicated for just fighting games...I agree with the widescreen, i cant stand stretch games but im sure there is some kind of software that can fix that. Who knows he may have a PS3 or 360 hooked up to this...Still its well made IMO, better then i can i ever do.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It would have been better if that was the SNES version of SFII.