Hot takes

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Prehistoric Isle 2 and Shock Troopers 2 are actually good playing games, people just aren't able to look past how ugly the prerendered graphics are
ST2 yes but PI2 is just a garbage game and the graphics certainly don't help.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Maybe I'm alone but I really like the Super Sidekicks series.
I don't know where the fuck the notion of them being bad came from, it's a pretty fun arcade game. Not SNES ISSD tier but what else can even come close to it?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Holup'
There's a difference among golf games?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
What makes Mark of the Wolves overrated? Saying something like this with no particular reason isn't just a hot take, but a steaming pile of shit take.

Ajax

15 Year Member
^^
This is probably actually true

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
3 is impressive but it's just too much. Too much of everything and too long, it's exhausting if your going for a full play through.

1,2 and X are the perfect length. 4 is soulless but good for scoring. 5 may have been awesome if they actually finished it.

Ajax

15 Year Member
That ^

They could have cut like 75% of the content and it would have been a better game.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Maybe it's just 'cause I played the Xbox port a lot but always think of 3 as the "console" slug, like they tried to pad it with content and alt routes to add value for home ports, but as a result playing a single session is pretty brutal

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Saying Neo Turfmasters isn't good on a Neo Geo forum is like visiting America and taking a dump on an apple pie. What's next? Mark of the Wolves is overrated? (Might as well punch a bald eagle.)
I'm Canadian, your words have no power over me. You Americans can shit on all the apple pies you want. NTM is still extremely overrated.

I'd say MOTW is a tiny bit overrated. It's great, but it's not the best fighter on the entire console. RB2, LB2, KOF 98, even Waku Waku 7 are just as good if not a bit better.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
3 is impressive but it's just too much. Too much of everything and too long, it's exhausting if your going for a full play through.

1,2 and X are the perfect length. 4 is soulless but good for scoring. 5 may have been awesome if they actually finished it.

I agree and, as someone else already said, I got the feeling of a "console game" from Metal Slug 3.
It is a great game but it's out of place in an arcade.
I love going through it from time to time but it's exhausting to do it all in one take. I still don't think I've explored all the possible routes of each level.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I agree and, as someone else already said, I got the feeling of a "console game" from Metal Slug 3.
It is a great game but it's out of place in an arcade.
I love going through it from time to time but it's exhausting to do it all in one take. I still don't think I've explored all the possible routes of each level.

Jeeeez…you guys are talking like it’s a Dragon Warrior game or something.

It’s long and taxing, I agree. Slug 3 is the only one I have though and I’ve beaten it 70 times in the last two decades at least, these days usually two or three credits. KOF2001 had me failing to beat that $@%#ing boss for like an hour.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Maybe it's just 'cause I played the Xbox port a lot but always think of 3 as the "console" slug, like they tried to pad it with content and alt routes to add value for home ports, but as a result playing a single session is pretty brutal

I honestly had more fun playing the Xbox port before I got the MVS cart. I'd usually play it in two sittings, and that improved the game significantly.