Hotline Miami

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Anyone else playing this? It's one of the most interesting games I've played in a long time. Dark, 80's inspired atmosphere with some influence from "Drive" in there. Killer soundtrack too. It was PC/Mac only for a while but it just came out on PSN today for ten bucks.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Anyone else playing this? It's one of the most interesting games I've played in a long time. Dark, 80's inspired atmosphere with some influence from "Drive" in there. Killer soundtrack too. It was PC/Mac only for a while but it just came out on PSN today for ten bucks.

I've been waiting for this one to come out on PSN. How are the controls in the PC version?

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
I love this game. I bought it for PC, the controls are setup as though it's a game really suited for the PC with keyboard and mouse. I'm probably going to double-dip though and get it on PSN, I hope the controls aren't too messy. The sequel, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number gets a release late 2013.

Last edited:

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
The kb+m controls are of course faster, but I find the game very playable on the PS3.

You could think of this game as an ultraviolent, stealth based game with twin stick shooter style controls. And the way you die is like Super Meat Boy, you're right back into the action immediately. You'll die a lot by the way.

Last edited:

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
An incredibly fun and addicting game.

The excellent soundtrack is a big + as well.

EDIT

Has anything new been added to the console version?

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is an incredible game for the music alone. I feel like I would get more out of this game if I was high on something.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I got it with the Humble Bundle ahwile back. Great game, played it though to the end.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I played the hell out of this and then it started crashing when I got near the end of the game. I followed every step by step guide on how to fix the game, but have given up. It's probably some weird crap with my Japanese Windows 7.

I REALLY enjoyed what I played and will probably give it another go when it updates. I have a non-steam version through the Humble Bundle, I may try that when I'm in the mood to play again.

Awesome game though ... wish it worked.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
awesome game

i was hooked on the PC version a while back

very simple gameplay but also very challenging

i recently read there's a sequel in the works

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Bought it off PSN and got the Vita version for free, put it on there and plan to give it a go tomorrow

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I heard this game fits well on the vita and it also looks good on the vita's OLED screen.

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
hell of a game, picked it up a few weeks ago with the humble bundle, played the whole game with the 360 controller and it was blast ( i totally think keyboard and mouse is the best way to play it). probably gonna pick it up for my vita to play it on the go. Also heard that the psn version has a extra mask, anyone know how the new mask effects game play?

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
BBBBBUUUUUUMMMMMMPPPPPP!!!

Just got this game last night on sale of Steam for $2.50. Pretty fun game. I'm pretty horrible at it currently, but it's fun as hell anyways. I definitely know I'm late to the party on this one, anyone else in my same boat might want to pony up the $2.50. Just a heads up.

BTW? How is the second one? Should I scoop that up too while it's on sale for $10?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I think the second is worse and relies too much on gunplay thanks to the long corridors and open areas you'll find yourself it alot of times. It's also overloaded with too much irrlevant story shit that in the end, does not matter. The two characters in one gimmick for some stages is pretty cool though. Wait till its like, five bucks on steam winter sale or something.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Totally worth it for the soundtrack if anything. I played through the first and really liked it, just got a dl code for the second but haven't started it yet

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Agreed, the soundtrack to HM2 is amazing. Been having trouble getting a controller to work w/Steam on my iMac though...

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
BBBBBUUUUUUMMMMMMPPPPPP!!!

Just got this game last night on sale of Steam for $2.50. Pretty fun game. I'm pretty horrible at it currently, but it's fun as hell anyways. I definitely know I'm late to the party on this one, anyone else in my same boat might want to pony up the $2.50. Just a heads up.

BTW? How is the second one? Should I scoop that up too while it's on sale for $10?

I picked it up during this year's summer sale and i'm loving it. Still haven't beaten it but I dig it nonetheless!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I picked it up during this year's summer sale and i'm loving it. Still haven't beaten it but I dig it nonetheless!

The last stage is a pain in the fucking ass.

Love the game want to play the sequel but it has gotten a ton of flack. I might get to buying it eventually.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I have an extra steam key if anybody wants it