How do I hook up a BVM-20F1U to video game consoles?

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi there CRT techies,

I have a really simple question; what is the way that I hook up a BVM-20F1U to video game consoles, such as the Neo Geo AES via SCART to get the best picture out of it?

My current Sony T.V. has a 5x S-video switch so i'd like to have a SCART switch so I can have multiple game consoles hooked up to it at once. What would be the most efficient way of doing this?

Thanks!

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks for the reply!

Another question I had would be, would I be able to buy a European SCART connector and hook it up to my JPN AES, or would I need to source a JPN SCART cable, if the pinout is different?

Don't quote me on this, but I believe you want your entire setup to be the same, either EURO or JPN Scart.

So, if you went EURO SCART: The videogame console cables would be EURO SCART, going to a switch that is EURO SCART compatible, and then a BNC Breakout cable that is wired for EURO SCART.

And, yes, I believe the JPN AES will work just fine with a EURO SCART cable. But, again, please verify this as I am not 100% sure.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Thanks for the reply!

Another question I had would be, would I be able to buy a European SCART connector and hook it up to my JPN AES, or would I need to source a JPN SCART cable, if the pinout is different?

I believe the business end of the cable (scart end) are physically the same connector, just different wiring pinouts. The system end of the cable is standardized. So as along as you keep the scart ends the same (either euro or jpn) you should be fine. Most people go with the euro standard as it's more widely available unless your rocking a xrgb unit. A member here by the name of Broken makes excellent cables if your in the market for some