How do you guys play.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
How do you guys approach neo games?

Do you credit feed to get trough, set your self a set amount of continues or try to see how far you can get on 1cc?

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
I just set unibios to unlimited credits. To be honest life for me is too congested as it is to keep starting again and I don't have any time as it is. I just want to enjoy a game start to finish. Sad I know but there you go. When I retire and have more spare time things may change!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
1cc is always my goal, but I tend to limit myself to the standard 4 credits. Max difficulty.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
It depends on the game. For Metal Slugs I like to use the standard AES 4 credits setting, like BlackaneseNinja said. Sometimes on Shooters I like to just see how far I can get on 1cc. Last weekend I credit fed Magician Lord to complete it for the first time, and even that was difficult, so I'd have no chance without doing that.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I tend to play on normal setting/4 . I used to credit feed metal slug but started annoying myself for doing it as it didn't matter how much I died. So I've now started sticking with the given amount of continues. Fighting games to be honest I'm happy to credit feed to get the practice in. Jesus magician lord is tough going, I wonder if anyone has managed to 1cc it ?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I tend to play on normal setting/4 . I used to credit feed metal slug but started annoying myself for doing it as it didn't matter how much I died. So I've now started sticking with the given amount of continues. Fighting games to be honest I'm happy to credit feed to get the practice in. Jesus magician lord is tough going, I wonder if anyone has managed to 1cc it ?

See the 1cc video thread, Pasky did a no miss run recently.

Edit: found the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEzyNBfI6tg

Last edited:

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Cool man, I'll check it out.

Just watched it , that was awesome. Was there a reason to why he kept on jumping all the time ?

The Engrish was great aswell lol

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
the whole reason i jumped to the mvs from the home consoles was because 4 credits was not enough. trying to beat art of fighting 2 on four credits was stupid.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I usually play in mvs mode and just use as many credits as I need. If shit starts getting real annoying than I turn on invincibilty. I play for fun, no 1cc required.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I usually prefer to see how far I get a few times with 1 credit. Then when I want to play for fun I limit myself to like 5 or 10 credits depending on my emotional tension. I used to credit feed to beat all sorts of games when I was little so I prefer to focus on my ability to succeed nowadays

Tanooki

War Room Troll
If I had the free time to sit there and slug it out I'd limit the quarters I'd throw at my cabinet, but as it is, when I have the time to use it I just go all out in most games. On some stuff like Bust-A-Move/BAM Again once I foul up I start over so I learn the puzzles, and I'll do that with a few others too. But really when it comes to learning a shooter or a fighter, it's quarter munching time.

3havoc

n00b
Used to set the dip switches for free play, now I just use the unibios set for unlimited.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

That's an interesting question, indeed. Of course it depends on quite a few suppositions. If I want a 1cc, then I use everything available to learn as fast as I can, be it videos from top players, advices from friends, memory cards and as many continues as I can get or it requires. If I want to just play & enjoy a game, then I use nothing of the above in order to lengthen my braw experience. If I revisit a game which I love and have already beaten, then I just go with the iconic four creds and I never even try to 1cc a game that I don't like.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It depends on the game.

If I'm playing a Metal Slug game, I'll reset right away if I lose a life when I already have POW's saved. IT has to be like that if I wanna aim for a top score.
However, being competitive sometimes can kill the fun and/or getting frustrating.

I think I'll never beat Pulstar on a single credit. If I wanna see the whole game, either I'll go to Youtube or turn on invincibility. It's the only way :D

But yeah, in general I'm sticking with 1 credit.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I will never 1cc any game on any system ever... sooo knowing that I simply credit feed. That works pretty well for shooters (except NAM..you fucking old cunt) but fighters? nah still have to be able to play reasonably to get through them on level-4 difficulty. I just don't have the patience to dedicate hours to games, rather be doing something else or playing another game.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
but fighters? nah still have to be able to play reasonably to get through them on level-4 difficulty. I just don't have the patience to dedicate hours to games, rather be doing something else or playing another game.

Pussy :D

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Credit-feeding is good for practicing. You can set goals later if desired.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Generally I try and go for the 1cc, but before that comes a lot of practice with a lot of credits. Sometimes it's fun to blow through a game with loads of credits, sometimes it's nicer to just try and see where you get with one credit to see if you've progressed. Depends on my mood when I sit down to play, I guess.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
I generally put a few credits in and add as I go, just like I would in the arcades. XD

lordnikon

Another Striker
If I adhere to 3 lives 1 continue, my approach to a game is far more engaged. There are aspects of the gameplay that I might skip knowing I can just hit continue. With credit feeding, tense moments become infrequent, and each button press seems like a means to "make the screen go forward" as opposed to your character interacting with the elements on the stage panel you are currently at.

There are times when I eventually just want to see the whole game, but more often than not I try to restrict myself to limited lives/credits. A 1CC would be a side effect of that, but the main goal for me is to keep the gameplay rewarding and engaging by making the encounters with enemies and obstacles meaningful.

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member

Do you credit feed to get trough, set your self a set amount of continues or try to see how far you can get on 1cc?

These days I usually only use one credit. That's usually all it takes for me to get my fix.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
If I'm going for the 1cc, a lot of time is spent before that practicing via credit feeding. Limiting yourself to 1 credit from the beginning sounds like a great way to get frustrated.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
If I adhere to 3 lives 1 continue, my approach to a game is far more engaged. There are aspects of the gameplay that I might skip knowing I can just hit continue. With credit feeding, tense moments become infrequent, and each button press seems like a means to "make the screen go forward" as opposed to your character interacting with the elements on the stage panel you are currently at.

Perfect post. I require a lot of self-discipline when I play games.