How long does a memory card live?

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
i've heard all kinds of things about mem cards for the neo. i heard that they only last about 5 years, and that i have to replace them after that, because of the lithium battery inside. i have to buy a new one and let my data die every 5 years?!?!?!? Is it worth buying one? (i don't have one yet)

Also, couldn't i just replace the lithium ion battery inside with a fresh new one like Neo Pocket?? Any ideas?? thanks.

-=NeoGML=-

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
HHHHHMMMMM...... some ppl had their memory card for almost 10 years and it dident die my memory card has never died even if its 6 years old hope this helps you and nope im not gona open my memory card to check if i can change the lithium ion battery hehe bye bye
smile.gif

------------------
kofKrizalid2Animated9.gif

"Vengeance cuts both ways"

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
I have heard the Neo Geo Card will work for around 10 years too, I guess it depends on the enviroment of the memory card and how much is on there maybe?
smile.gif

------------------
There can be only one, Why can't it be me...

Yoshima

n00b
prozerg i have my memorie card for only 4 years and it die so..! i dont think it can stay older maybe yes!:¬)

------------------
ss4_jubeidicepaper.gif

Yoshima

n00b
yup now i know your right prozerg theres alot of ppl who said that was 10 years for and memory card .. !:¬)

------------------
ss4_jubeidicepaper.gif