How long have you had your Neo Geo?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I bought mine for $300 from a kid in St.Paul in 1995. It came with King of the Monsters, World Heroes 2, and Super Spy. He had it all set up as a demo for me to play. I bought it from him and it came with a memory card. He said he was using the money to buy a computer.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Does MVS count? New to the neo scene, bought an MV-1A for $110 in June and a JNX supergun. loving every second of it.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
About 6 months ago I was lucky to scoop up a Pro Pow 3 Home Console with the socketed bios from Big Bear. I've had my Big Red now over a year. My current NGPC I've had for about a year but originally I had one when it was released in the US.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Back in '08-'09. Got the home system first and the cab a little later.

snkjoe

New Challenger
Since 1996 aes console and a mvs some where in 2011 ^_^... Damm it's been that long lol

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I've had my 4 slot Big Red since January of this year. I like it, but I wish I would've held out for a Blast City candy cab with a Neo Geo board in it.

Blur2040

Crossed Swords Squire
2004. Edit: 2005, Feedback doesn't lie. Purchased an AES here on the boards from ckchan.

Was trying to get one for yeaaars before that. My sister and I wanted one to play World Heroes and Super Dodgeball, as we were big fans of the game. Price stopped us. At the same time, my Dad was into coin-op (pinball mostly) and we ended up with a SFII:CE Jamma Cab for several years. However, this was before I really truly understood JAMMA...or had money. We had Mortal Kombat Boards to swap in, but I, for whatever reason, never thought MVS was an option. It was almost traded for a 6 Slot, at my request, but it wouldn't have fit into our basement.

Mostly MVS for me now. Never bought that Dodgeball, though.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've had my 4-slot cab and NGPC for close to 10 years.

I guess I've been growing my MVS collection on and off during that whole time, starting with kits, I realised that was going nowhere (though I scored when the Neo Store had SVC, Super Dodge Ball, etc) and have been just collecting loose (unless the deal is right).

In the last couple I months I've been focusing on NGPC UK releases.

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
I bought my 4-slot CMVS last year and after playing it for some months now I know I should have bought it a long time before

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Bought the cmvs back in 2005 and yes it still works.

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Around 8 years ago when I had more money than sense after finishing uni and getting a well paid job (and before kids and buying a house) I had a retro collecting itch and the Neo was well and truly part of that. Had around 3 AES's in that time as well as MVS systems but now I'm just down to the one supergun setup.

I joined here not long after I picked my first AES up, drop by every now and again and buy/sell bits here and there when funds permit.

Came for the Neo and stayed for the drama!!!!1

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I went ballz deep into the AES sometime in 2002. NGCD in 2003. MVS in 2004. Around 2006 I got all big tymer and shifted my focus back on AES.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Got a Naomi uni in 06, dual wired it for jamma and jvs and scooped an mvs 2-slot with aero fighters 2, sam sho 2, and sengoku a few months later. Always wanted a neo since the 90s but the only way I could afford to play the games then was through emulation.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Got my Neo Pocket Colour in '99, my NGCD Toploader in '03, and just got my AES last year.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Although my join date says 2011, I've actually had my Home Cart System since 1991. I feel I should just mention that I bought my Home Cart System at full RRP back in 1991 before some of the other more established members here, with earlier join dates and greater post counts than myself.

Just to reiterate, I definitely bought and was playing the NeoGeo way before some of the more established members here at NeoGeo.com.

Especially the mods. Definitely before the mods...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I feel I should just mention that I bought my Home Cart System at full RRP back in 1991 before some of the other more established members here, with earlier join dates and greater post counts than myself.

Just to reiterate, I definitely bought and was playing the NeoGeo way before some of the more established members here at NeoGeo.com.

Especially the mods. Definitely before the mods...

Look out, we've got a badass over here.

NeoAce

Quiz Detective
I've had mine since 2009. I have a big red 4-slot that I'm getting ready to fix up and sell. When I owned my arcade, it was in there, but the only Neo games most customers had an interest in playing were fighters.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Only since February. Living the dream ever since, although I've bought way too many games for what little time I have to play them. :(