How long will this amiibo craze last?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Has Diddy become common again? I saw a couple in a store yesterday?

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Has Diddy become common again? I saw a couple in a store yesterday?
I've seen him in several stores now, I don't think he rare. There was a message on some forum that showed how many print runs each amiibo had and based on taht you could determine which ones are truly rare... i'll have to dig that up if I ever come across that thread again.

The rare ones so far are:

Marth
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Pit
Little Mac
Captain Falcon

The next wave will be the exclusive pre-order amiibos.. I can only imagine the chaos that will be on the day of the release

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Diddy was always common. You can still buy him for regular price on Amazon Prime.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The thing I hate the most about this is that there's all this false info and Nintendo never steps up and puts out an official statement. Everything I heard is from people on websites saying the wrote to Nintendo and a "Nintendo Rep told me..." so it just builds up. The latest I heard was a "Nintendo Rep" told him after the 3rd Wave they'd be re-printing the second and a few in the first. But once again it's from a "Nintendo Rep" and not anything official.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Now I get to spend my tax refund on a Wii Fit Trainer. :emb:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Are there Dolan/Gooby amiibos?

srsly why fucking care about this shit?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Anybody get in on the four store-exclusive pre-orders? I got all except Rosalina, had no idea Target was going to have one.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
This question came up before but if you plan on opening your Amiibos (you should!) the difference between JP and US models seems to only be the packaging.

Even the bottom of the base seems to be about the same.

US Peach left, JP Little Mac right

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421205812.206324.jpg

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
This seems a bit ridiculous, and yet, I'm now interested. Gonna swing by the mall after work and have a look around.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Are there Dolan/Gooby amiibos?

srsly why fucking care about this shit?

We're in the same boat. If they do any decent characters from Animal Crossing I might want one to sit on my desk, as a fan of the game, but... Seeing what happened with the Villager, I wouldn't ever hold my breath at seeing a Tom Nook or K.K Slider toy in stores... and there is no way I'm going out of my way and dropping $50-100 over retail for one of these things. They have zero value and are nothing more than a Nintendo toy to me. Kudos to those who buy and enjoy them, but I don't even have a Wii U and no real reason to own any of these things so I kind of don't get the craze either other than I get that people want them cause they're possibly worth X amount more than you pay for them.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Wave 4 looks good: Lucina, Robin, Ness, Charizard, Wario, and Pac-Man

It's nice to see that the Fire Emblem amiibos will have meaningful functionality in Codename: S.T.E.A.M.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Wave 4 looks good: Lucina, Robin, Ness, Charizard, Wario, and Pac-Man

It's nice to see that the Fire Emblem amiibos will have meaningful functionality in Codename: S.T.E.A.M.

Where did you see this wave 4 news?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
None of the Wave 4 are pre-orderable yet, at least from looking at GS.com.

Also, Nintendo claims that more Marths are going to ship for sale in the U.S. so that people will have access to him for Codename S.T.E.A.M.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
None of the Wave 4 are pre-orderable yet, at least from looking at GS.com.

Also, Nintendo claims that more Marths are going to ship for sale in the U.S. so that people will have access to him for Codename S.T.E.A.M.

I would think you wou;dn't be able to pre-order them until after wave 3.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I would think you wou;dn't be able to pre-order them until after wave 3.

Wave 3 has been out of pre-order for a while now, even thought they're not out for another month or however long. And considering how GS tends to get pre-orders up the same day of official announcement (new systems, at least), I kind of expected to see these up today, though I suppose Amiibos are not consoles.

Not a big deal by any means. I'd sort of like the Fire Emblem ones for S.T.E.A.M., in particular (already have a Marth, at least), and it just seems to me that the obscure ones will be rarer, i.e. Lucina.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Wave 3 has been out of pre-order for a while now, even thought they're not out for another month or however long. And considering how GS tends to get pre-orders up the same day of official announcement (new systems, at least), I kind of expected to see these up today, though I suppose Amiibos are not consoles.

Not a big deal by any means. I'd sort of like the Fire Emblem ones for S.T.E.A.M., in particular (already have a Marth, at least), and it just seems to me that the obscure ones will be rarer, i.e. Lucina.

Yeah and I would think Ness would be rare since anything earthbound is super expensive.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Gotta keep up with the news and wait and seen when the next wave goes on sale so I can get a Ness or two. I also chucked when Bill said on Nintendo Direct that they would be releasing more Marth figures to go with Project STEAM which looks like a lot of fun but I think I want Splatoon more. I do kinda wish they would have "directly" have addressed everything about the figures becoming "rare" and if they'd make more. (Same with the limited edition versions of Majora's)

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Well not that this is a surprise but I want to report that I am in the process of being ripped off in the amiibo trading group. I traded my extra Captain Falcon for Little Mac with a guy in CO. To try and use the honor system, I agreed to ship first. So Monday I packed it up all nice and shipped it priority. I put it in a bag with bubble wrap, then put the shipping air packs around it. One on top, one on the bottom, and one on each side. Ive been doing this online dealing thing for years, so im no amateur at this. He was set to ship mine out today. Well today I get a message saying that he got my package but that it was damaged. I noticed he hadn't posted in the group that the package arrived or that anything was wrong. So I asked him for pictures of it, to fix the issue. It takes him nearly 30 mins to respond but when he does he says that its not a big deal because he was intending to open it for play anyways. Now that's all well and good, but that doesn't solve the problem of how it happened or the status of my package he was to be sending me. So I persist to ask for pictures. He does eventually send me pictures of a Captain Falcon that has been creased across the top. The problem is that the crease was far to perfect to have been made in transit, it literally looks too perfect to have happened in the box, unless other damage was done to the figure. So I ask for pictures of the outer box it shipped in, and he says he will have to get them to me later because he left it in his car and hes still at work. Now the way im thinking is that if it really came damaged, the FIRST indicator would have been the outer box. Pictures would have been taken of EVERYTHING. So as it stands right now im waiting on him to get off work to send me pictures of this supposedly damaged packaging, and im currently out a Captain Falcon with no word on the Little Mac he was supposed to send me in return.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Heres the Captain Falcon he said came out of the package I sent. Now as I see it, theres NO WAY that type of bend can happen in a box unless the whole thing is crushed.

cap fal.jpg

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Oh geez man, sorry to hear that...seems totally fishy. Hope it works out ok. Word of advice, I think there are enough amiibo folk here that you don't need to trade in those communities...I'd stay away.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Heres the Captain Falcon he said came out of the package I sent. Now as I see it, theres NO WAY that type of bend can happen in a box unless the whole thing is crushed.

View attachment 22053

Ugh, that sucks! Wish I had extras for you so you wouldn't have to deal with those people.

On a side note, I keep calling retailers everyday to see about wave 2 re-stock, and...nothing. It's been driving me nuts; I had a Pit ordered, and an EB employee sold it while I was out of town. Pit's the only one I'm missing -_-