How long will this amiibo craze last?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
So there will eventually be a Bayonetta amiibo right?

Yeah... Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Corrin, Bayonetta, Cloud are the final Smash Bros. Amiibo to come.

At this point, the only really "rare" Amiibo are some of the Fire Emblem characters and Gold Mario. Rosalina is also somewhat hard to come by.

Last edited:

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I was looking at Wii U games the other day at Best Buy and they had like 50 Marth amiibos.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, both Marth and Ike had reprints I believe are pretty easy to find nowadays.

Lucina and Robin are still tough to find, but I'm sure they will come back just as every other one pretty much has well.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I'm trying to wrap up the original smash run, I only need Robin, Lucina, Meta Knight, Lucario and Shulk. I see Shulk is available on gameslop, the rest I haven't seen since launch and they were all really hard to get.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Preordered my Kicks and Lucas from Best Buy. Still grabbing the ones I like, but avoiding the catch them all fever. I think the craze is dying, though, or stock is way better. Maybe both? All of the January wave is easy to get on Best Buy, which usually sells out first thanks to the GCU discount.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So I assume Nintendo is going to be touting Star Fox Zero as a "flagship" game...at least they should I be, I think...

But anyway, I hope it will have some amiibo support and it's own amiibo line. Ooooh, Slippy Toad, Peppy Hare, Pigma Dengar, Wolf O'Donnell, Krystal. Lot of characters to draw from. That is a series I'd definitely go all in for if they release an amiibo line.

Ahh Nintendo would be fools not to have a Star Fox line.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Got my Shovel Knight amiibo today and it's definitely what Amiibo always should've been. Not only does it unlock some new challenge stages (like the Splatoon amiibo for their game), but it allows you to level your own "custom knight" like you would a Disney Infinity figure. You scan in the amiibo and then you play through the level killing stuff/collecting loot and it levels you up like an RPG and gives you equipment each time to level. It's excellent.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yeah... Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Corrin, Bayonetta, Cloud are the final Smash Bros. Amiibo to come.

At this point, the only really "rare" Amiibo are some of the Fire Emblem characters and Gold Mario. Rosalina is also somewhat hard to come by.

Also famicon colored R.O.B

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Got my Shovel Knight amiibo today and it's definitely what Amiibo always should've been. Not only does it unlock some new challenge stages (like the Splatoon amiibo for their game), but it allows you to level your own "custom knight" like you would a Disney Infinity figure. You scan in the amiibo and then you play through the level killing stuff/collecting loot and it levels you up like an RPG and gives you equipment each time to level. It's excellent.

Cool. How's the quality on it. From the pics I saw, it looked a little bit cheapish.

Also famicon colored R.O.B

I'd add the Mega Yarn Yoshi to that list :(

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

I picked up Shovel Knight on Wii U over the holidays and have been playing off and on... Damn... Wasn't going to get the Shovel Knight Amiibo, but now I'll probably grab one when I'm picking up Kicks and Lucas next week at Best Buy. Nice they worked in some good integration with the game.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer

Thanks for the info on this as well, I've got the game an haven't started it yet but I will grab the Amiibro too at this point I think!

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
4783700_sd.jpg;canvasHeight=360;canvasWidth=640
:keke:

on a serious note: is there a way to get that white dog with the guitar by himself? whats its name? that would help me check.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
K.K. Slider, you mean. And nope...the only way to buy him separately is to get him used off ebay or something.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
what do you do with Animal Crossing Amiibo's?
I stopped reading animal crossing notes after the useless 3DS app that does nothing AFAIK.

was there a new game?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
WTF is an Amiibo? Some kinda doll you gotta buy to play a game you've already paid for?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It is, I got Shovel Knight for the WiiU and had to get the damn amibo to play Co-op...really? I admit some of them are pretty cool, I got PAC-MAN, he's so awesome!