How subjective is temperature?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
The traveling CNAs we got at work are from Kentucky and our winters in Upper Michigan are something else for many of them (it was -7° F when I left for work this morning at about 7AM, and it's only like 0° now with the noon sun shining). So, indoors, several of them are walking around the facility with jackets and winter hats on while I'm sweating in just a shirt (the heat is always cranked because many of the elderly are perpetually cold). It's just fascinating and hilarious how humans from other regions can perceive temperatures so differently (and, in fairness, I imagine I'd be suffering during a Kentucky summer while they were comfortable).

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
this is a dumb question, ngl.

this is like "is age subjective?" vs. "when is old too old to fuck?"

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I have nothing to add besides yesterday it was -40 with windchill and the door handle to my car snapped off
The handle on my front door snapped off in the cold the other year too, but, it wasn't quite that cold!

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Warm and cold are definitely subjective. I think al lot of people would be happy at offices if all the cold people get put together and all the hot people are put in a spot.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Needs to be in the fucking war room. Brain damaged M post leaking out into the public

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Time to go back to fourth grade:

See, the thing about mammals is that we're warm-blooded. We conform to the temperatures around us; our bodies automatically adjust themselves to exist around 98 degrees. When you put your body in a different temperature, it has to make that adjustment. But it takes a few weeks to a few months to do so.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Around my neck of the woods (Tempe, AZ) anything below 50, it's time to throw on the heavy parka and gloves. Swear people think the Ice Age has come. Of course all the snowbirds that are in town are wearing short sleeve shirts and shorts. Admittingly, I wear a light jacket in the mornings now, only because I'd rather have a 110 degree day than a 50 ;)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You probably shouldn’t wear shorts if you’re 400lbs.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You probably shouldn’t wear shorts if you’re 400lbs.
You'd be stuck in house.

110F days aren't that common here but it can has gotten close to 120 during the summer. I don't care what anyone says, after 100 its hot and I hate it. Winters are between 35 and 60 during the course of a day which is much more my style.

I cry when I see the average year round temps of places like London or Amsterdam. I'd really like that.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Sometimes I feel like 90F or higher is just too brutal. Can’t imagine 110.