How to wire sound for MV1B?

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm doing research on what exactly i'll have to do to get my MV1B ready, i've decided to go with SuperGun'ing it but the thing I don't understand is sound.

From what i've read, if it's hooked up direct to a T.V., it will more than likely blow out the speakers. I believe I read I have to solder in some resistors and I think I've got to do that stereo mod too.

That Jamma-Nation site is absolutely awesome with resources but I don't understand how to do sound with this thing. My basic understanding here is that I do the stereo mod, maybe add a resistor (do these conflict?) and wire it up to a 3.5mm female adapter and just buy a cheap 3.5mm male to L & R RCA wires to hook up to the T.V.

Can anyone shed some insight?

Last edited:

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Why not just run the audio through the super gun and then out to the tv?

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
Why not just run the audio through the super gun and then out to the tv?

I'm an idiot, that's why. I ran through the DIY SuperGun build on Jamma Nation and the audio attenuation circuit makes sense LOL

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just remember that the stereo mod needs that small circuit built for sound and will be a low volume as well. If you are using the attenuated audio mod then it will be mono since the sound is coming from the jamma edge. You could however mod the 1B and mount stereo jacks on the plastic shell for when you want stereo sound.