How's Ni no Kuni II ?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Saw it's on sale, liked the first game well enough; some of the parts felt like filler though, the ones where you went back to the kid's home town I mean.

*ninja*

Does it still have the half-assed "I don't know if I'm real-time or not" combat system?

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yes. The AI will still wastefully exhaust everything if you play the game as intended.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It's still not perfect, but I strongly prefer the combat in NNK 2 over that in the first one. It just runs like a typical ARPG now, without the irritating hybrid system.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I enjoyed the base game enough. I never got to playing the dlc though. Truthfully the story is a mess, but the battle system was an improvement over the first.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I enjoyed the base game enough. I never got to playing the dlc though. Truthfully the story is a mess, but the battle system was an improvement over the first.
Pretty much the opposite of the first in that regard. A lot of systems in part II like the war mode and castle building were intriguing but I've forgotten the story already save that it was mostly drivel.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Is the dlc actually out? The season pass sales blurb on (Euro) PSN just said that it counts towards two dlc installments once they're released.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Yes. The AI will still wastefully exhaust everything if you play the game as intended.

I'm glad you mentioned that. My friend bought the remaster of the original and said he hasn't had that issue. Was I playing the game wrong?? It's so beautiful and I loved the story...but it was nearly unplayable because of the combat.