How's voting in your town/city today?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I voted a little after 9 AM Fairly long line, due to both good turnout (possibly the best I've seen in my life) and sanitation (every booth/table had to be wiped down by election workers between voters) and 6 feet social distancing. This year was extra interesting to me because one of my old classmates is running for the US House of Representatives, which is kind of surreal. As luck would have it, he, his wife, and their teenage son, were all in line to vote, one person behind me, and his entourage/handlers and the local TV news crew were hovering around shooting photos and video throughout.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
no line for me. once i parked, i was in and out in a little over 5 minutes.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
All the polling places in my county are basically closed.

You have to drop off your ballot at specific locations or mail it in.

I’m a bit salty about it because my polling place was extremely convenient. Like a 2 min drive from my house and never crowded. It was glorious.

I still haven’t filled out my ballot but I looked up where to drop it off.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I left at 11am this morning and got back at 11:22. Easy in, easy out. Funny enough, by the time I walked out there was a line.

My wife voted early this morning and it was a different story.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I left at 11am this morning and got back at 11:22. Easy in, easy out. Funny enough, by the time I walked out there was a line.

My wife voted early this morning and it was a different story.

Did you vote for Trump again?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I did an absentee ballot last week. My parents went to vote and they said that the lines were long but moving and no intimidating issues (they're immigrants from Ecuador and can sometimes have an accent speaking English, but they are citizen's and know their rights). We don't foresee CT being too crazy

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Did you vote for Trump again?

Does it matter? I live in Illinois, so Biden will take the state no matter what.

I went to vote down a "fair tax" pile of shit our overspending Gov is pushing, to retain a few judges, and for local positions.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I signed up for mail in voting and took my ballot to the dropbox rather than mail about a week ago.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
All the polling places in my county are basically closed.

You have to drop off your ballot at specific locations or mail it in.

Not that it really matters in CA for the presidential race, but this seems dumb.

It took me longer to fill in the 7 dots on my ballot than it did to get checked in and sign my sheet, not a single person in the place when I went, 2 had come in after me before I left. Took maybe 5 minutes.

Some people locally reporting 3 hour waits. I'm not understanding the difference...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It was easy. 5 minutes away, 5 minutes to vote, 12 minutes to get a Breakfast Meal #2 from McDonald's afterwards.

America.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
We got in and out since our voting district is in the village. The line was wrapped around the building with rural folks from outside the village. Trump gonna win.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Not that it really matters in CA for the presidential race, but this seems dumb.

It took me longer to fill in the 7 dots on my ballot than it did to get checked in and sign my sheet, not a single person in the place when I went, 2 had come in after me before I left. Took maybe 5 minutes.

Some people locally reporting 3 hour waits. I'm not understanding the difference...

All registered voters in CA received mail in ballots this year. I’ve previously opted out of mail in because I literally live the next street over from my polling place (and have for 10 of the past 11 years.)

That said I think it was a county decision to have no in person voting and drop offs only.

I dunno. I think there is value in keeping the polling places open. Maybe I should be a poll worker again.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The local polling stations were the quietest I've ever seen. I think most people already voted in FL and those votes have been counted going into election day.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I volunteered to canvas in Harrisburg, PA, and got to talk to a lot of potential voters there. I was assigned to a very hood neighborhood so most of the people were for Biden anyways. Hopefully I got some people to get out and vote.

PA is such a critical state that I wouldn’t feel comfortable if I didn’t do something to help it go for Biden.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
UT issued every registered voter a mail in ballot. I dropped mine off at the drop box at the county clerks office weeks ago.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Does it matter? I live in Illinois, so Biden will take the state no matter what.

I went to vote down a "fair tax" pile of shit our overspending Gov is pushing, to retain a few judges, and for local positions.

I'll take that as a resounding "yes".

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'll take that as a resounding "yes".

No, that means if I said "yes, I did vote for Trump", you'd ridicule me.

If I said "No, I voted for Jo Jorgensen", there's a 75% chance you'd ridicule me.

and if I said "No, I voted for Biden"...you'd call me a liar.

So I responded with "I live in Illinois, so Biden will take the state no matter what" which is the 100% truth.

...which you'll probably ridicule me for saying...

Want another truth? I've gone to general elections and decided not to vote for anyone for president...because I live in fucking ILLINOIS which will go Democrat no matter what. Illinois went to John Kerry in 2004, for christ's sake...who was a wet fart of a candidate. There is zero use in voting for a republican here.

*EDIT*

Now...if you'll excuse me...I've been drinking heavily tonight and will be checking out from the interternient tonight. This shit-show is giving me heartburn...

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So I filled out my ballot in my car in the parking lot of my work.

Drove to the elections office where they had a ballot drop box you drove up to and dropped your ballot in.

Then drove on home.

Definitely weird. Would consider dropping my ballot off like that again lol.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'll admit that I was just a tool this year and brought my union letter with me and voted for all the candidates/judges/trustees that they endorsed instead of thinking for myself, except for my town's millages and positions which they didn't have an opinion on.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Guys I have a secret to tell you - i’m actually Joe Biden.

Those pics I posted of myself recently were actually pics of my 41 year old illegal Mexican errand boy.

I hope you all voted for me. I like the Neo Geo a lot.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
No, that means if I said "yes, I did vote for Trump", you'd ridicule me.

If I said "No, I voted for Jo Jorgensen", there's a 75% chance you'd ridicule me.

and if I said "No, I voted for Biden"...you'd call me a liar.

So I responded with "I live in Illinois, so Biden will take the state no matter what" which is the 100% truth.

...which you'll probably ridicule me for saying...

Want another truth? I've gone to general elections and decided not to vote for anyone for president...because I live in fucking ILLINOIS which will go Democrat no matter what. Illinois went to John Kerry in 2004, for christ's sake...who was a wet fart of a candidate. There is zero use in voting for a republican here.

*EDIT*

Now...if you'll excuse me...I've been drinking heavily tonight and will be checking out from the interternient tonight. This shit-show is giving me heartburn...

Sounds like a case to get rid of the soulless evil that is the electoral college.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Guys I have a secret to tell you - i’m actually Joe Biden.

Those pics I posted of myself recently were actually pics of my 41 year old illegal Mexican errand boy.

I hope you all voted for me. I like the Neo Geo a lot.

Joe, there is just one question weighing on the minds of everyone, a question that gets to the very soul of America as a nation.

2 or X?