Humble Bundle Neo Geo 25th Anniversary

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Humble Bundle just listed a new Neo Geo based bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Here's what it includes,

Pay What You Want
Art of Fighting 2
Fatal Fury Special
King of the Monsters
Metal Slug 2
Samurai Shodown Ii
Sengoku 3
The King of Fighters 2000
Baseball Stars 2

Beat the Average ($6.50)
The Last Blade
Pulstar
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 3
Shock Troopers
Neo Turf Masters
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition
Twinkle Star Sprites
Neo Geo 25th Anniversary Soundtrack

Pay $10
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
Samurai Shodown V Special
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Metal Slug X
The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

Pay $40
Neogeo 25th Anniversary Ltd. Ed. Metal Slug Sv-001 T-shirt

Came to post about this and ended up looking at naked Rot pics instead. Hope everyone's doing well.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Since I own all Steam version already (I wasn't sure about the value), I just dipped my toe by plunking down a FULL PENNY to see how the 'pay what you want' games ran. It's straight up a zipped rom, and DotEmu provided a shell. Options are very barebone. Full screen or windowed, no filters or resolution settings. It doesn't look like you can remap controls. Supports the Xbox One controller (and keyboard from looking at the options).

Might still be worth it for the soundtrack, if its not just a single album.

Edit: I bit the bullet and bought the rest. You get the following soundtrack (in MP3 and FLAC format),

Art of Fighting 2 Soundtrack
Fatal Fury Special Soundtrack
Metal Slug 3 Soundtrack
Samurai Showdown 2 Soundtrack

Last edited:

were8kosh

Rugal's Thug
15 Year Member
I really want to buy this but not sure what i would do with them. anyone know if they play better then mame?

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
I really want to buy this but not sure what i would do with them. anyone know if they play better then mame?
Yes, they do play better in MAME. Just with the options proper emulators have, it makes them more worthwhile to play them in MAME. It'The bundle is worth it for the Steam codes though. You get all 3 Slugs and KOF 98 and 2002. I bought the full pack, but since I already own the steam versions, I'd say the value isn't there for me.

Last edited:

were8kosh

Rugal's Thug
15 Year Member
Yes, they do play better in MAME. Just with the options proper emulators have, it makes them more worthwhile to play them in MAME. It'The bundle is worth it for the Steam codes though. You get all 3 Slugs and KOF 98 and 2002. I bought the full pack, but since I already own the steam versions, I'd say the value isn't there for me.
And now i got an idea. i did not see the steam on it and i could use them on 2nd pc for 2 player. thanks for the info

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I already had KOF98UM and KOF2002UM on Steam, so now I've got an extra key for each if anyone wants one. No scrubs plz.

Edit: keys claimed.

Last edited:

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
The emu shell can definitely be improved on, which is a shame because SS5 Special is the original uncensored version. Without online play there's pretty much no point to getting this aside from having an official release.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Just grabbed the bundle. Like having an official set of Neo Geo roms (even if just 19 games). Maybe now i'll build that custom bartop arcade i've been contemplating.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
FYI, they just added Blazing Star, Ironclad, KOF2002 and RealBoutFF2

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
FYI, they just added Blazing Star, Ironclad, KOF2002 and RealBoutFF2

Thanks for the heads up.

Isn't KOF 2002 already included in the UM version? I know thats how the PS2 version was. Same with 98 UM

lions3

Igniz's Servent
this 2nd version of KOF 2002 has a separate stand alone installer (not steam).