Hyper 64... What Lies Ahead?

O

Omega-NEO

At the college I attend they have a Neo-Geo Hyper 64 machine. Thats where I played Fatal Fury 64. I can't really find any information on the Hyper 64 regarding new games in development and that sort of thing. From what I can gather it seems SNK abandoned the system. Not all that surprising as they also abandoned the Neo-Geo Pocket Color everywhere but in Japan. Bloody hell! Why!? Anyway, have they abandoned the Hyper 64 also? Can I expect to see more games coming for the machine at my school? Or can I expect to see it disappear?

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by Omega-NEO:
At the college I attend they have a Neo-Geo Hyper 64 machine. Thats where I played Fatal Fury 64. I can't really find any information on the Hyper 64 regarding new games in development and that sort of thing. From what I can gather it seems SNK abandoned the system. Not all that surprising as they also abandoned the Neo-Geo Pocket Color everywhere but in Japan. Bloody hell! Why!? Anyway, have they abandoned the Hyper 64 also? Can I expect to see more games coming for the machine at my school? Or can I expect to see it disappear?

The last Hyper game that came out was FFWA, And that was in late 98'.

So almost 2 years have past and still no new hyper games have been made. So I don't know, There are rumors of a Metal Slug 64 game, But only time will tell.

I hope more come out, Since I own all 4 fighters, And unless you buy the shooter, or racer board, Those are the only 4 games you can own...

------------------
psdmini.gif

Jpop/Jrock/Gaming, nuff' said.
http://prizmdash.cjb.net

O

Omega-NEO

Well that is really bad news. I don't like that at all. Its been two years since the last new release for it? So SNK has abandoned the Hyper 64? I said it about the NGPC and I will say it about the Hyper 64. It is a quality system. Why did SNK abandon it? Why did SNK abandon the NGPC? What is the deal? Did you actually buy a Hyper 64 set-up? If you did, that is very cool. But it also sucks if no more games are released. Its hard to keep playing the same 4 games over and over again without getting sick of it. I wish I had good news for you. I don't. I wish you had good news for me. You didn't. I wish SNK would get its act together...

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Hey,

What games are on the Hyper 64?? I know that there is SS Warriors rage and FF Wild Ambition what other fighting games are there?

Cho

yagyuj.gif

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Thanks for the info, any1 of u know where you actually can get a Hyper 64? Seems pretty cool 3D SNK fighters
wink.gif

Cho

kyo3.jpg

We have just acquired the last 3000 units of H64 hardware and about 4000 units of software. A batch of 50 were flown in last week and are in the process of being shipped - the remainder will land on 3 Feb 01 and will ship from 10 Feb. Multi kits will consist of 1 x New JAMMA PCB and 3 New carts from a list of 4. 300-600 of these sets will be sold and then the remainder will be used on a new game for development in 2001 - hopefully a release in 2001 fall. Thanks www.vektorlogic.com

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
SAY WHAT A NEW GAME?????????????????????

DO U MEAN A NEW GAME FOR THE HYPER NEO GEO 64?????????????

I now This guy and he is a ture sorce!! I planing on buying a few Muil-jamma boards off him soon!! I been off the Hyper fourms for awhile I been cought up with the NAOMI! But the Hyper is such a great SYSTEM!!!!!! Man I Hope yhis is a new game cominh out for it!!!!! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
What kind of games please? Judging by the vektorlogic site, that they will not be what is considered top shelf material. I'm sorry to base my opinion off of the website, but it would be nice to know solid development plans and that the hardware isn't going to mutate into a fancy redemption machine.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
hy did SNK abandon it? Why did SNK abandon
the NGPC? What is the deal?

They are almost broke,they had no other choise but to abandon evrything

Right now SNK don't have sufficient programmers to work on anything except Pachinko designs and the odd NGPC cart for Japan.

They are tight on cash also -as someone commented.

The Hyper 64s were bought as they are a good systems, but I ended up with more software than motherboards, so we are selling up to 500 combination sets and the rest will be held for a new game. Firstly there will be a couple of MVS games - needs must, and the money is good - we can expect a few MVS games from other developers (NON SNK backed) they will be getting their development tools in the very near future and there are some great programmers in Korea at this time, plus some great artists. For the NHG64 and MVS I am trying to secure the work of a GOD game creator to do one of the titles, but we will have to see on that one - and I am not giving any more away that that as to who he is - but it is genuine.

Once I have recapped some of the investment in the 4000 systems puchased, we will start to put the new HNG64 game together, although there are already working demos for other systems so it shouldn't take too long - and the architecture is much more user-friendly than MVS.

That's it for now - have fun with the system - it isn't dead as far as I'm concerned - nor you by the sounds of it.

Jeff F