Hyper Neo Geo Questions

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Hey guys,
I saw the price on the Neo Geo 64 systems with the three games... I must say that seems like a real good price. Any of you Hyper owners, can you answer a few questions for me?

1. How many buttons does the Hyper system use, 4, 6?

2. Is the pinout on the JAMMA the same as an MVS, meaning can I leave my wired JAMMA harness alone and just swap the boards out and everything will work fine?

3. What type of monitor do they need, low res, medium res?

4. Where would you place the graphics of these games, PSX quality atleast? I think the PSX had some damn good looking fighters so this is not a cut down by any means.

5. Are the games any good, how is the gameplay? I have heard that all three games Sam Showdown Warriors Rage, Wild Ambition, and Buruki are all pretty cool... what do you all think?

6. What are you real thougths on any new games for the system, whether it be Vektorlogics or anyone else? (I seem to think that if Vektorlogics was making a new game, they would save these boards and sell them as kits with the new game since there are hardly any Neo Geo 64s in arcades).

That's it for now, like I said, the system sounds cool, and who can beat that and three cool games for $300. Let me know what you all can...

-Nick

C

Caris Nautilus

4 buttons
standard jamma
standard monitor
Graphics kill the PSX
games rule
get one!

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited March 14, 2001).]