Hyper Neo Geo system

K

kyoisthekof

I'm a newbie, and I'm curious as to the following:
Is there any sort of home system to play Neo Geo 64 games.
If not, how does someone go about getting the system and a couple of games? It seems to be even more rare than the other Neo.

Mainly interested in FFWA and SS2...

mliu92

n00b
Since it's pretty much JAMMA standard, to play it at home you'll need either a SuperGun or a JAMMA cab. There are some extra attachments, and from what I understand, you may need a separate power supply (? - what does it power - a standard arcade switching p/s will put out +12, +5, and -5 DC) for certain board revisions.

SS64 and FFWA will require the fighting rev of the board (other revs are the driving board and the shooting board). http://www.vektorlogic.com/neogeo64.htm seems to have a sweet deal going on HNG64 boards & games at this time, but I haven't actually ordered from them so I can't comment one way or another about the service.

------------------
Cheers - Mike

Just FYI

There are 2 types of the fighting JAMMA board:

1 - Requires seperate audio connectors to hook up to your cab - but the board can be modded with a little bit of wire, and a little bit of solder, to get back to normal JAMMA audio. There is also an additional power supply cable set with these boards. They are not necessarily needed - they are for cabinets with this JAMMA harness power wires to prevent voltage loss due to thermal degredation of the cables.

2 - Normal JAMMA with on-connector audio - just like a normal JAMMA board

Rgds

Jeff Ferrier