hyper system prices

JRock917

, ,
I dont know alot about the hyper, so if some of you resident experts would shed a little light on the system prices, games prices, and so on I would appreciate it. I have only seen hyper related merchandise on ebay, and was also wondering if I could get it from anywhere else.

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
I've seen Hyper 64 PCBs with SS64 go for $200-350 on eBay...

James

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
go with e-bay! there the cheapest! most venders will not even sell the hyper for under 500 dollars. due to they got much more then that tied in to them!

JRock917

, ,
Originally posted by eazy:
go with e-bay! there the cheapest! most venders will not even sell the hyper for under 500 dollars. due to they got much more then that tied in to them!

As far as what they got tied into them, how much are we probably talking about here, I was curious.

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
i got well over 600 dollars just tied in the hyper main pcbs! I cant belive how much there going for on e-bay! only 350 with game! So if your going to get a hyper go with e-bay! Do to dealers have way to much money tied up in them to sell them at that price!

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
Go to video connection they have excellent prices, and the boards and software are brand new! Here is the phone number 1-800-444-6854. Great service too.......NEONUT

JRock917

, ,
do you know if they also have SS64 in stock neonut, just thought I would ask before I called...

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
yes video connection has ss64 in stock (but i belive it only sold in a kit) 400 dollars

you get every thing (stickers how to movelist headers, 1st gen amercan hyper main pcb and a usa ss64 pcb) it really a great price for a complet kit you may want to call them to see if they have them with out kits.

I'm not familiar with Video Connection.

I had my eye on their 6 slot MVS kit (yes I know it's kind of pricey). Anyone know if they're really NEW?

I've had problems with used MVS boards developing flaky slots, so new would be nice. My current 4 slot works perfect, but I'm considering moving to the 6 since I'm swapping games a lot.

Thanks

Brent

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
video connection is very nice and sometime they work with ya on the price. (due to they have repaired boards alot cheaper!) so you have to call them and see what they got. there very nice to deal with!

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Video Connection is not that great. I've had a few problems with them.

I called them up and ordered a NEW Neogeo MV-1B 1-slot. When I received the board, I could tell that the board was obviously used. It had many scatches on the black plastic part and the edge connecter had some pretty heavy wear. I called them up and asked to return it.

I shipped back the first board and asked them to send me another board via 2-day UPS (that is what I paid for the first time). Instead they sent me the new board by Ground. When I received the second board, it looked more used then the first board! I could tell that one of the chips on the pcb had been replaced and a new one was hand soldered back on the board. It was a messy solder job and there was still solder flux all over the board. Remeber, this was supposed to be a NEW board. I paid for a NEW board. I figured that this was a refurbished board that had been damaged and repaired.

I called them back and asked to speak to the owner about the situation. They kept telling me that he was either busy or on the phone. I left a message and he never called me back.

Later on one of the salespeople explained to me that they always have their technian replace one of the chips on the 1-slot neogeo pcbs. They said that it will allow the board to work with more games. I'm not sure whether to believe that or not. At least they could have told me up front about it.

AnTi

be very careful dealing with me.
hi there

BTW : someone needs a Buriki One or a fatal fury WA HNG64 B-Board ?

i will trade them for home carts .. =)

take care
Jan

JRock917

, ,
I called Video Connection today, and spoke to Debbie. She was very helpful and faxed me some info on the Super Nova also. They seem like a good outfit, buy your experience Smokeya makes me question that; of course, that is one of the wonderful things about these forums, experiences can be related and much can be learned. What if I bought the Super Nova from MAS, do they carry the hyper boards also? Maybe I would come out better that way, but I am not sure.

I have dealt with them on MVS carts and I had exactly the same experience. I suspected it was also the case for the "new" boards, but really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I bought a few "new" MVS carts. All of them were Japanese carts with the stickers covered up with English ones. The "new" marquees were just color copies laminated.

Originally posted by SmokeYa:
Video Connection is not that great. I've had a few problems with them.

I called them up and ordered a NEW Neogeo MV-1B 1-slot. When I received the board, I could tell that the board was obviously used... [snip]

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
A lot of places seem nice when you first make your purchase. Obviously they are going to be nice because they want your business and your money. Video Connection was very nice to me when I first placed my order.

A true test of the honesty and quality of a business is when you call them up about a problem with your order. When I called Video Connection about my above stated problems, they quickly became "too busy" to help me and said "they would get back to me".

I must say there was one nice lady at Video Connection who was helpfull and listened to my complaints. I don't remember her name, but she was the only one who would hear me out about my problems. Unforunately, she wasn't there most of the time.

JRock917

, ,
Thanks for the feedback guys; I will drop video connection from my list, although I suppose the Super Nova is still a better bet than the HGA. Thats one thing I love about this site, people like yourselves really help others like me make informed buying decisions; again, thanks very much.

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
ya i feel ya on the mvs carts ( i bought one form them and got a japan cart with a usa sticker on top and a photo copy header!) but I must say every other thing i bought off them has been in great shape i bought well over 8 hyper neo geo 64 form them! And all in great NEW shape! i also bougt a used 6-solt mvs off them and it was not in that great of shape! but then again they told me on the phone it was used! I never had that many problems with them. I use them alot for hyper systems and they got the cheapest prices around for brand new hyper 1st gen usa boards! I guess i have problems with them but they where willing to work them out with me. So i guess you just have to give them a shot and see what you think of them.

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
yes jrock i heard the super nova way better the the HGA!!! I heard that the HGA are aways beat up and have problems with some games! I use the Super Nova and like it I have some problems with the S-Video! But that about it! It A great system for it price!

JRock917

, ,
good, then I will go with Super Nova then, and try to get one of those hyer 64 boards and SS64, money permitting. SS is my most favorite series on the neo, and I have always wanted to see it in 64 bit glory.