I both love and hate this time of year for our hobby.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Fall

The time of year when most studios and companies decide to release their product with the hopes of getting a share of holiday sales. The time of year when you'll see more blockbuster games released in a three month span than in the previous nine months combined. It's awesome, in the sense that we're given a large pool of triple-A games to choose from. It sucks, in the sense that there're more games than budgets and free time allow.

I think I'll be preordering The Evil Within and Grand Theft Auto V for PS4 when I get home from work today.

Give me that $15 PSN credit for spending over $100...

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Sat down to Costume Quest 2 last night for about an hour. That's all I was really looking forward to (well, that and the Crew, but I'm being cautious on my excitement for that one). Nothing really says fall like a new Costume Quest, so I'm happy...

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
steam winter sale..... whooo boy my wallet will most likely be hurting.....

that said, persona 4 ultimax is awesome so far, and i'm looking forward to playing through kingdom hearts 2.5 and the new guilty gear when they drop.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I very rarely will get new games on release day anymore. Last game I did that with was Mario Kart 8... By the time I will be ready to play any of these holiday season games they will be in the bargain bin.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I very rarely will get new games on release day anymore. Last game I did that with was Mario Kart 8... By the time I will be ready to play any of these holiday season games they will be in the bargain bin.

As I've grown older, this is exactly what happens. Unless I know for certain I'm going to play it right away, I let the games hit the $15-$30 price before I even bother picking it up. That usually takes anywhere from 3-9 month depending on the game, for the most part.

There are very few games that come out these days that I feel like I MUST play immediately, so there's no point in getting them until they hit the bargain bin. Still waiting for Lords of Sahdow 2 to hit $25 before I touch it.

That, and I'm much more into retro gaming these days as it is.

As for the topic at hand, yes, it's both a blessing and a curse to have all the big-name titles hit in the last quarter, but I always hated the resulting summer drought.

Meh.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah. There's very few games I feel I need to buy at launch. Hyrule Warriors being a good example. The game looks fun, but I'll wait a bit.

Borderlands Pre Sequel might be a day one purchase.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Capcom just released Strider 1 and 2 on psn, so I'm good.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I've been focusing my time on a handful of game series that I really love. I don't get that hyped up for the AAA titles anymore just because they're highly anticipated. I own a Xbox One and I didn't buy Titanfall or Destiny. It doesn't bother me at all. Maybe I'll get Destiny if they drop the price to $10 or something.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Still stuck in the past. Right now I'm enjoying:

Windjammers: My 7 year old cousin got hooked on it when he came to visit us this summer. He plays it on emulators constantly and vows to kick my ass. He's has his own style and is even lethal with the speed lobs after 3 fast passes.

Musha Aleste: Since the MGC, I've been trying to 1cc this. Between playing it on the home console and tablet, I've gotten up to level 6.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero: Still trying to beat all the wanderer racers.