I finished today...

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Ahem this thread is for success stories, c'mon.

:keke:

Har har.
The cables themselves are fine, I think it's the 360 Motherboard or the Parallel Port I'm using. I'm trying to read it with a Thinkpad T42, and Thinkpads don't allow SPP parallel. Either that, or the board is somehow borked in such a way that I cannot read the nand through JTAG but it can still boot fine.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Finally finished up my 4 slot I'll be putting in my big red 2 slot cab.

Boards cleaned, unibios 3.1, new standoffs and feet. Feels solid and all 4 slots working pretty good!

13398660a31975c4e0acf379ede7b376.jpg

ed724573e249035442431e51c63be7e5.jpg

14162ad802b12fbb4e7ac57ce8f19123.jpg

foobs

n00b
Finally got my Naomi netdimm setup with the netboot kit (compliments of TravistyOJ). The kit made it super easy to get up and running.

Still have to get this cab cleaned and restored. I wanted to get it all working before I dismantle it. So far sound and video are working fine. Monitor is an MS-2933 and looks good, but I need to play with the convergence rings.

IMG_20150328_154250.jpg

IMG_20150328_155519.jpg

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Finally got my Naomi netdimm setup with the netboot kit (compliments of TravistyOJ). The kit made it super easy to get up and running.

Still have to get this cab cleaned and restored. I wanted to get it all working before I dismantle it. So far sound and video are working fine. Monitor is an MS-2933 and looks good, but I need to play with the convergence rings.

View attachment 23999

View attachment 24000

Nice! Congrats on the Naomi setup, looks good.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
no pics because i can't get a good photo - but i resurrected a game gear and backlit an original Gameboy over the past couple days.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
Just wondering, how do you mount your sticks to the panel you had made? I don't see any hardware sticking out. I just finished my Smash control panel and had to machine out brackets and weld them onto the underside. The welding is fine, but manufacturing the mounts takes a lot of time. I noticed another person used countersunk screws and laid the CPO on top to hide, but what happens if you need to replace that stick?

unit # 00000002 ;)

15361081493_ee977fbac3_c.jpg

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
self clinch studs, that's how all sega USA naomi panels were made. just make sure you get follow specs on HRB ratings and proper force on the press.

somewhere on this forum I posted a complete run down of how I make them... blast city club maybe ?

Last edited:

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Woo, finally replaced the monitor in my Blast City. It works again! Replaced the stock 2931 it had with a Wells Gardener D9200. Picture wise, it seems really sharp, but it is currently VGA only. Will need to add a CGA header to one of the boards and then I should be able to use it with CGA.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Finished my SCART RGB to DB15 and 2 x RCA box. The DB15 is used for a RGBSHV cable to my Sony PVM and the RCA out to an amp. Time to get some SNES action going!

Bit rough all round but it works!

scart1.jpgscart2.jpgscart3.jpgscart4.jpg

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Finished making the scart to BNC cables for this bad boy, and labeled her up!

temporary_zpszh8yrd5p.jpg

Also Made a passthrough harness for my Vewlix that allows for full control of JAMMA games. Even tapped 12v and 5v from a JST NH header on the JVS IO. Next step is video/audio, but I need to figure out the best way to do that.

temporary_zps25wufao9.jpg

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Organized and wrapped all my boards today. I put them in pink anti static sleeves then wrapped them in bubble wrap. Gonna print up some labels tomorrow and get rid of some junk I don't play
AM835Pv.jpg

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Last week I installed a Kaimana Khameleon RGB controller in one of my Panzer Fight Sticks. It's a small pcb that mates directly to a PS360+ which adds RGB LED support to custom sticks. Here's a quick video of how that looks:

This isn't my product but I believe they will be available in September from www.jasenscustoms.com

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
OOoooo fancy LEDS, I was thinking of doing that for my Lisa Frank cab... for the lulz.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Thank you! I did use a little a little hot glue to keep the wires down along the jamma edge, wasn't sure if the hot glue police were gonna nail me or not lol. Just a couple dabs though

lol hot glue police. looks really clean and crisp. good work on all the mods and repairs you posted, brother. :buttrock:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Not too much work in wiring or electrical, but I just finished a couple more construction heavy projects.

Built a new control panel from scratch. Had to remove P3 and P4, change the controls from Happs/Wico to Sanwa parts, added more elbow room between P1 and P2. Updated the art a bit:

ZBGVi1U.jpg

c9Zbu3U.jpg

It used to look like this:
index.php

Restored an original Astro City panel w/ NOS CPO:

wHwipqZ.jpg

oi5bSMh.jpg

A9laCzQ.jpg

2NDuOFE.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
New sticks and buttons finally came in and went to Lowe's to get carriage bolts.
vZCf7nw.jpg

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Looks great! Should the joystick shims be above or below the overlay? I've never been 100% sure which.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Looks great! Should the joystick shims be above or below the overlay? I've never been 100% sure which.

Every machine I have seen in the wild that was taken care since 91' had them under the overlay or most likely the cp itself. I have mine under the metal part.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Every machine I have seen in the wild that was taken care since 91' had them under the overlay or most likely the cp itself. I have mine under the metal part.
Cool that makes sense. I'll have to move mine under the cp too. Thanks!

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I mounted my CPS3 board and the SCSI2SD CD-ROM replacement on a sheet of plexiglass for a "all in one" solution.

YVZYvff.jpg

ibJtF3v.jpg

gSHR0T1.jpg

BoYJC9W.jpg