I like to play the first World Heroes

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
You cannot go wrong with the game that inspired the Killer Instinct combo system. (Though my personal favorite is WH2Jet)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
2 > 2 Jet

Because of the death match mode. Got 1 & 2 on cart.
Plus, didn't Jet get rid of throw reversals and projectile reversals? Fuuuuuuck Jet. Even if I'm misremembering the throw and projectile reversals, losing Death Match mode was bad enough.
Perfect is the worst game in the series
You're out of your feeble mind. Perfect is a masterpiece. Second favorite in the series.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Playing this again today and either just realized it (or forgot) but in the bonus stages, all the monks in the background are doing jerk-off motions.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yup, just another reason the first game is the best.

edit: and is it just me or is Geegus's head a penis?
GeegusDickhead.jpg

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
All right, fellas. Here's the deal. In light of this thread's recent bump, I am going to share with you all something that has never been collected before in the history of the internet.

In Death Match, fighting against Janne is called the 'hair splitting battle'. It's not sure what is meant by this until the battle is over, when you see the character who lost has gone bald in their portrait.

Last year, almost one year ago to the day on January 31, 2023, in a feverish state I fought against Janne to find what every character looked like bald. However, still disillusioned by the roker's earlier disparaging comment about everyone knowing Hanzo's stage is based on a real location, I chose to not disclose these bald portraits.

NOW, one year later, reinvigorated by the community's shared love for this goofy series, I am ready to share with everyone the results of every character's hair splitting battle.

Hanzo:
Spoiler:
HanzouBald.jpg

Fuuma:
Spoiler:
FuumaBald.jpg

Kim Dragon:
Spoiler:
KimBald.jpg

Janne:
Spoiler:
JanneBald.jpg

J. Carn:
Spoiler:
RasputinBald.jpg

Muscle Power:
Spoiler:
MusclePowerBald.jpg

Brocken (clearly this is the coolest, because Terminator):
Spoiler:
BrockenIsTheTerminatorThisIsVeryCool.jpg

Rasputin:
Spoiler:
ActuallyThisIsRasputinTheOtherGuyWasJCarn.jpg

Gentlemen, I am honored to present to you the first collected images of every bald character portrait from the Alpha Denshi masterpiece, World Heroes. Thank you for your time and mao bless

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Gentlemen, it has come to my attention that not only did someone collect the bald character portraits years ago, but they even put them next to the normal portraits as well. I have had my own pictures I took while playing the game with me for a year, swelling inside me, never sharing until a few days ago. And now I know it has always been documented.

WorldHeroesPortraits.png

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Pretty neat that they included that little historical Easter Egg for Jeanne D'arc.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I have fond memories of 2 so that will always be my favorite.

A local bowling alley had the game in a cab, and friends of mine from high school (me in tow) would go to a local cheesesteak shop called The Hungry A (where the age appropriate girls at the time were all nice looking with cutoff jeans etc making our steaks), walk to the bowling area in the same parking lot and bowl some games, then finish it up with a group tourney of World Heroes 2. @Stefan knows where I’m talking about. More about the time and place than the game itself.

When I got my AES WH2 was one on the top of my list to get.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I have fond memories of 2 so that will always be my favorite.

A local bowling alley had the game in a cab, and friends of mine from high school (me in tow) would go to a local cheesesteak shop called The Hungry A (where the age appropriate girls at the time were all nice looking with cutoff jeans etc making our steaks), walk to the bowling area in the same parking lot and bowl some games, then finish it up with a group tourney of World Heroes 2. @Stefan knows where I’m talking about. More about the time and place than the game itself.

When I got my AES WH2 was one on the top of my list to get.
Maybe Stefan could call me sometime and spend an hour talking about this place?

@Ralfakick takes my text message data, @Stefan takes my minutes.

Jon

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Maybe Stefan could call me sometime and spend an hour talking about this place?

@Ralfakick takes my text message data, @Stefan takes my minutes.

Jon
I know you’ve been by there it’s by the Hibachi place where Dairy Queen is, tell you what let’s go to the Hungry A as your cheesesteak place when you visit next, place just closes by 3 everyday though.

And yes I’m sure he has a lot to say about Sproul Lanes, funny enough the last time I went it was with him and others.

Last edited: