I made a game (Maze: the Ritual)

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
So I've always wanted to make games, and I've dabbled in game development for a while now, but never truly completed anything that I would consider a "finished" game. That is until today!

Title Screen.gif

After about a week's worth of solo work, I released my game called Maze: The Ritual. It's a short first-person dungeon crawler-esque game, made in a program called Bitsy. It is free and played in your browser, it even works on mobile!

I figured you guys here would possibly be interested, but if not no biggy! If you do end up trying it out, let me know what you think! :vik:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Awesome bro. Only found the first two objectives but super nostalgic and I really enjoyed the writing. Are you planning on adding any music?

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Aside from getting disoriented at the beginning this was a cool short game. Nice!

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Awesome bro. Only found the first two objectives but super nostalgic and I really enjoyed the writing. Are you planning on adding any music?

Thanks man! The program I used to make it doesn't have music support "out of the box", but I have been looking at tools to add background music post-production essentially. I just need to find the right track, since I'm no good with making music at all! ;P Figure a kind of ambient sound would fit.

Aside from getting disoriented at the beginning this was a cool short game. Nice!

Thanks a lot! I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed it! :D

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Nice! It's amazing how quickly gamer-logic can take over in such a small setting. I definitely thumped into a few random walls to see if I could find some secrets.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Nice! It's amazing how quickly gamer-logic can take over in such a small setting. I definitely thumped into a few random walls to see if I could find some secrets.

Totally, I'm a bit disappointed in myself that I actually didn't put any secrets in there now! :D I was just so intent on finishing it I didn't think about it, next game I will definitely have to put something in it.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Updated my game today to v1.02. Mostly bug fixes and aesthetic changes.

(v1.02)

-Fixed three movement bugs
-Altered a line of intro text to better reflect writing perspective
-Upgraded the textbox with a border, as well as aligned it at the bottom
-Added background music!

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
A little bump. The "Finally Finish Something" game-jam I entered my game into just concluded and rankings were released. My game ended up 7th overall out of 370 entries! With a 2nd place in the "Mood" category. So that's a pretty cool surprise, I didn't ever think I would finish in the top ten, lol.

Thanks to all you guys on here who took the time to play through my game, I really do appreciate it! :mr_t:

FFS Gamejam Results.png

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Great job finishing something and getting some recognition as well. Keep it up.

Edit: I did play after your update - hopefully you get to see when people click on your game.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Great job finishing something and getting some recognition as well. Keep it up.

Edit: I did play after your update - hopefully you get to see when people click on your game.

Thanks man, I appreciate it! It was definitely nice to finally finish a game for once, haha! I do have a couple more projects in the works, so hopefully I will have something further to show here sooner than later!

Thanks again for taking the time to play it after the update as well, and yeah it does show in the analytics that a couple of the plays came from neo-geo forums recently. :)