I never played Kabuki Klash

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
it has great presentation and the AES copy has cool cover art. I like the stages too, probably the highlight of the game. I would more say if you like WW7 then consider KK, it has a similar colourful style. Its shallow but still fun.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
it has great presentation and the AES copy has cool cover art. I like the stages too, probably the highlight of the game. I would more say if you like WW7 then consider KK, it has a similar colourful style. Its shallow but still fun.
WW7 is a good comparison.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
My life is fine. I didn’t fail to enjoy either game, but WW7 is much better at everything Kabuki Klash does.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Kabuki Klash is one of those things where I'd recommend just getting the CD version for $20, playing for a few hours, and getting it out of your system. It's not a $20 CD anymore unfortunately.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Kabuki Klash is one of those things where I'd recommend just getting the CD version for $20, playing for a few hours, and getting it out of your system. It's not a $20 CD anymore unfortunately.
Play it on the roms. No need to spend money if Hudson and SNK aren’t getting any. This is the ultimate determinate of fun: if you can enjoy a game you didn’t spend a penny on, much less an arm and leg.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Literally got the MVS cart in the mail yesterday. Haven't played it before, but it looks dope to me.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
No, the transaction was already done when this thread popped up. Great timing.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Play it on the roms. No need to spend money if Hudson and SNK aren’t getting any. This is the ultimate determinate of fun: if you can enjoy a game you didn’t spend a penny on, much less an arm and leg.

Well yeah, of course this is the way, but this is Neo Geo where people are perfectly willing to spend three or four figures on trash games just because of the platform and won't even consider an option where they don't physically own some shiny.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well yeah, of course this is the way, but this is Neo Geo where people are perfectly willing to spend three or four figures on trash games just because of the platform and won't even consider an option where they don't physically own some shiny.
I agree. I am a collector and I want the game as a collector more than I want it to play on. Even though I collect, I’m merely just playing games on the NeoSD.

the games I play most (for free)
Metal Slug 1, 3, 5
Kof 2003
Shock Troopers
Magical Drop 3
Last Blade 2

which to me means that I actually enjoy those games.

compare to games I don’t play on the Neo Geo but contemplate buying:
SSVS
Kabuki Klash
Matrimelee
Waku Waku 7

I know I won’t bother playing those. I owned them before for under $500 a piece and I wasn’t playing them. But they’re collectibles.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I really wish they would have finished Slug 5. Feels like it could have really been a great game especially after how disappointing 4 was, it feels like they were really trying to make up for it.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I really wish they would have finished Slug 5. Feels like it could have really been a great game especially after how disappointing 4 was, it feels like they were really trying to make up for it.
Metal Slug 5 still feels like a rom hack.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
You can be sure you'll be playing it for hours. It's the NGCD we're talking about afterall... :D

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Your posts scream cry for help, but ok. Keep trying hard to be hard.

I’ve never seen anyone front more than you in my life, not even here, so this is a pretty silly thing to point out.

I write what comes to me, I’m not trying to create any sort of artificial vision of myself. I’m not pretending on any level. I don’t photograph my “collection”. I’m not a liar. I never boast, or front, or change someone’s username out of vengeance. I don’t speak at length on subjects I don’t have understanding of. If you don’t like my posts you don’t like me, but there is no facade and there is no cry for help. “If you’re not suicidal then why are on this forum?” is what you’re thinking. “This guy has to suck my cock because I run a place full of guys who I make sure are only there to suck my cock, I make SURE it’s too shitty of a place for anyone else to hang out.” I didn’t work on some of us. I’m not here for that, I’m not here for you. I’m not here to call everyone a fag all day either.

When you grow up you eventually realize that usually when someone says they prefer one game or another that that’s all it is. It doesn’t mean that one of them is suicidal or a “fag”. Sadly the world is much more subtle than that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I’ve never seen anyone front more than you in my life, not even here, so this is a pretty silly thing to point out.

I write what comes to me, I’m not trying to create any sort of artificial vision of myself. I’m not pretending on any level. I don’t photograph my “collection”. I’m not a liar. I never boast, or front, or change someone’s username out of vengeance. I don’t speak at length on subjects I don’t have understanding of. If you don’t like my posts you don’t like me, but there is no facade and there is no cry for help. “If you’re not suicidal then why are on this forum?” is what you’re thinking. “This guy has to suck my cock because I run a place full of guys who I make sure are only there to suck my cock, I make SURE it’s too shitty of a place for anyone else to hang out.” I didn’t work on some of us. I’m not here for that, I’m not here for you. I’m not here to call everyone a fag all day either.

When you grow up you eventually realize that usually when someone says they prefer one game or another that that’s all it is. It doesn’t mean that one of them is suicidal or a “fag”. Sadly the world is much more subtle than that.
You’re way too triggered for a 50 year old. Think of your blood pressure.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
After seeing this thread, I realized I'd never played Kabuki Klash either. I loaded it up on an emulator and first impressions are that the graphics are colorful, detailed and and above average, but the gameplay doesn't feel as good as Samurai Shodown or Last Blade. For instance, there is a big burly guy with a giant club kind of like Juzo in Last Blade, you'd expect him to do big swings with the club and be a heavy slow character who deals a lot of damage with single hits, but that didn't seem to be the case with the handful of fights I tried with this guy.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, could be better. Big clubbed should be a heavy hitter. Kabuki should be fast but weak. All characters are kind of the same.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
It is worth playing and having. What game can you force someone to slip on a banana or poison on block.

My favorite is Yagumos super in the corner. If you get hit it does ok damage, but if you block you take 4-5x the damage. That mixup is always hilarious.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I agree. I am a collector and I want the game as a collector more than I want it to play on. Even though I collect, I’m merely just playing games on the NeoSD.

the games I play most (for free)
Metal Slug 1, 3, 5
Kof 2003
Shock Troopers
Magical Drop 3
Last Blade 2

which to me means that I actually enjoy those games.

compare to games I don’t play on the Neo Geo but contemplate buying:
SSVS
Kabuki Klash
Matrimelee
Waku Waku 7

I know I won’t bother playing those. I owned them before for under $500 a piece and I wasn’t playing them. But they’re collectibles.

Are we ok with collectards now? I got so much shit for that back in the day. :p