I received today...

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I’ve gotta ask though, how many times did your butthole pucker getting water that close to the labels?
It wasn't that bad. I started with the less valuable games and after about 5 or so games I knew what I was doing. With some carts I even took the labels off in order to get rid of the colorful shells which made the cleaning process a lot easier. I bought 3 copies of Mark of the Wolves just to find one with a label that I could peel off without damaging it. Bonkers, I know.
Aside from swapping cart shells, I did pretty much the same with ~70 Game Boy games, ~60 Famicom games, ~40 Super Famicom games and ~20 N64 games. I have almost all of the different Neo Geo Pocket (Color) variants, too. These too were taken apart and cleaned inside and out. I'm honestly sick of cleaning things and absolutely can not imagine owning thousands of games.

Homecarts are the only things that I never opened up but they were generally in a much better condition than the less expensive stuff.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Your curation is impressive. I like to clean and “detail” my games but I’m usually not taking them apart. I suppose a fair majority of my games are complete though so that generally leads to cleaner cart condition.

How many Q-tips have I gone though? How many paper towels have I soiled? Good looks, good hand feel, good goob.

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Wow, that is an extremely detailed process. I probably won't go to that level, but the Novus suggestion is a good one. Forgot about that stuff, I'll see if I can't find some locally.

I think my Kabuki label is fake, or it's real and just has scotch tape over the whole thing. Does anyone make good quality repros that people here trust?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
benedict-cumberbatch-go-away.gif
He did!

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I think my Kabuki label is fake, or it's real and just has scotch tape over the whole thing. Does anyone make good quality repros that people here trust?
That Kabuki Klash label is indeed a fake one. I once bought a game with a similar fake label that had the original Japanese label underneath.

Here's a scan of an original label:

If you don't own a laser printer, then ask a friend or put the file onto a USB stick and take that to a copy shop.

Instead of buying labels from some random Chinese dude (I'm sure I've seen them on Aliexpress), I'd ask JNX first if he can get these printed:

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
That Kabuki Klash label is indeed a fake one. I once bought a game with a similar fake label that had the original Japanese label underneath.

Here's a scan of an original label:

If you don't own a laser printer, then ask a friend or put the file onto a USB stick and take that to a copy shop.

Instead of buying labels from some random Chinese dude (I'm sure I've seen them on Aliexpress), I'd ask JNX first if he can get these printed:
Thanks for letting me know, appreciate it. Now I'm curious if the Japanese one is under it considering that's where it came from.

Kinda makes me now want to check out my other labels with this site to see what is og and what isn't. Thanks for the pointers btw.

EDIT (Checked the site, seems Kabuki is the only fake one, so that's a plus)

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
For PCB's I like to use a simple detergent and distilled water, I have used tap water without issue however. Ideally an ultrasonic!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Picked up this beautiful bitch 2 weekends ago. Already started restoring it.
IMG_2857.jpeg

IMG_2859.jpeg

The Windy is a cab I’ve wanted for a little while but they rarely pop up. This one was local, and I was able to get the seller to sell it to me for a low price since it’s in very rough shape.
Lots of scratches from “taggers”, spilled soda on/in the CP. The CP has been Americanized.
Monitor is currently not working…

It’s got issues, but it’ll be gorgeous when I’m done with it.

verbel

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Picked up this beautiful bitch 2 weekends ago. Already started restoring it.
View attachment 70629

View attachment 70630

The Windy is a cab I’ve wanted for a little while but they rarely pop up. This one was local, and I was able to get the seller to sell it to me for a low price since it’s in very rough shape.
Lots of scratches from “taggers”, spilled soda on/in the CP. The CP has been Americanized.
Monitor is currently not working…

It’s got issues, but it’ll be gorgeous when I’m done with it.
I love those cabs.