I received today...

FLTCHRR

NEST Puppet
I didn't think I was in the market for a new cab, but I came across an Aero this week and couldn't say no.

aero1_800.jpg

aero2_800.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What a pickup!! Awesome stuff, looks in good condition too!

FLTCHRR

NEST Puppet
What a pickup!! Awesome stuff, looks in good condition too!

It was looking pretty dingy when I first got it, but after a box of magic erasers and a few bottles of simple green, I think it's looking alright. For some reason all around the outer glass and bezel was this thick black grease that took forever to cut through. Also, I didn't have keys for the control panel. I finally managed to push the tangs open with a knife and get it open. The whole cab was just filled with grime.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
It was looking pretty dingy when I first got it, but after a box of magic erasers and a few bottles of simple green, I think it's looking alright. For some reason all around the outer glass and bezel was this thick black grease that took forever to cut through. Also, I didn't have keys for the control panel. I finally managed to push the tangs open with a knife and get it open. The whole cab was just filled with grime.

Goo-Gone, Windex and Magic Erasers are must-haves IMO. Goo-Gone gets rid of the grimy shit pretty easily. I have no idea what that stuff is but it seems to be pretty common to find the inside of candy cabs coated in it.

FLTCHRR

NEST Puppet
Neither I wouldn't say no, my wife on the contrary would.

It looks amazing. PCB included?

Thanks! And yes, the PCB was included. The seller wasn't sure if it was original, but yeah, it's a super clean, 2 board Donkey Kong JR. The cab also came with a giant metal base to raise the height. The stand is in nice condition, but it's super heavy and makes the machine look kind of absurd.

The cab is wired for Donkey Kong, but the seller threw in a Jamma harness and a bunch of JLFs. Once (or maybe if) I find an original CP/upper, I'll convert it back to its original glory.

FLTCHRR

NEST Puppet
Goo-Gone, Windex and Magic Erasers are must-haves IMO. Goo-Gone gets rid of the grimy shit pretty easily. I have no idea what that stuff is but it seems to be pretty common to find the inside of candy cabs coated in it.

I had never run into that black grease before, it was like someone was trying to seal the outer glass to the body. I used Ronsonol for some of the nastier spots. And yeah, I always assumed magic markers were bogus, but I was amazed at the results. Seemed like some kind of witch craft.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Nice aero! You on the lookout for a genuine JP CP top enclure piece? They definitely pop up on YAJ from time to time.

FLTCHRR

NEST Puppet
Nice aero! You on the lookout for a genuine JP CP top enclure piece? They definitely pop up on YAJ from time to time.

Yes, I definitely am looking. If anyone has any leads, I would appreciate it. I'll definitely keep my eyes on YAJ.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Yes, I definitely am looking. If anyone has any leads, I would appreciate it. I'll definitely keep my eyes on YAJ.

yaj has them occasionally. Where'd you pick it up if you don't mind me asking. Ken? If so, how much is he charging for them?

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I am taking my Deathsmiles to the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown & GameRoom Expo in June so I wanted to dress up the cab a little so that it was more than just a plain Jane Dynamo HS-1 with the board installed. I had a guy that I know make up some artwork for me and it arrived today from the printers.

I still need to pull the control panel off, strip it, and paint it black, but here is the new art installed...

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
That would be pretty cool, but I use this cab for other games too. I am planning to get artwork for Radiant SilverGun and Purikura Daisakusen to use on this same cab so the control panel needs to be something that will go with other art sets as well.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
You may not have time before the show - but I would definitely finish the job. Some loli's on the sides and def that red panel has to go - if you cant paint or source some other artwork, even painting it purple or black would help a ton. Kudos on what you've done so far.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
You may not have time before the show - but I would definitely finish the job. Some loli's on the sides and def that red panel has to go - if you cant paint or source some other artwork, even painting it purple or black would help a ton. Kudos on what you've done so far.

I concur. This definitely needs some gothlolis!

And if you change out the buttons to match the color scheme, I'd recommend getting something other than those Suzo Happ-style concave ones, if you can help it, as they're not that shmup-friendly on the fingers. Not sure how thick your panel is, but maybe look at some screw in Seimitsu ones that are flat or some slightly rounded Sanwa ones.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Thanks for the input guys. I want to swap out the buttons, but first I'll need to get some step drill bits. The holes in the control panel are exactly for the Suzo-Happ/IL buttons. I'll need to widen the holes very slightly in order for the Sanwa/Seimitsu buttons to fit. I already changed out the crappy generic balltop joysticks that were on it with Seimitsu LS-56 joysticks with octogates. I'm definitely hoping to get the control panel painted before the show.

Dragonlee

Zero's Secretary
Been busy for the last month with the Egret 2 makeover.Few repo control panels were made for the cabinets.
007 (Custom).JPG008 (Custom).JPG009 (Custom).JPG010 (Custom).JPG011 (Custom).JPG

Dragonlee

Zero's Secretary
NOS CPS1 14-1 multiboard..
Speaking to the seller other day which I never knew he had them in stock..Apparently he has over 8 left in stock which I thought were discontinued for ages.
006 (Custom).JPG007 (Custom).JPG008 (Custom).JPG