I received today...

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
2nd Blast from the left...what IGS marquee is that?

20150605_164428_zpsfbccrkhz.jpg

Really super impressed with the machines so far and haven't even cracked the 31khz barrier yet

p.s. Can't wait to give Tatsujin Oh a credit next time I head out west.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
:keke: We’ll have to do something about those marquees.

[edit] oh well, i tried.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
picked this great and very fun game from scgon. Thanks dude!!! This is gonna get a ton of play
VHx9ags.jpg

I love this game. Did you see my vids on youtube of it?

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I played this around 6 months ago and thought it was a pretty slick game! This showed up on KLOV last week for $135 shipped...not sure if that's over priced or not, but it cleaned up great and is a pretty amusing shooter.

Sengoku Blade

002.JPG

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
It's been a long journey, lots of bad monitors/tubes later I was able to source a no-burn, perfect Nanao MS9-SU monitor for my New Astro City.

I originally got this NAC as a bit of a junker from my group buy last summer. I took the hit on this cabinet because I was trying to make sure everyone had at least something decent. This poor NAC monitor had some serious burn-in as well as deep gouges to the anti-glare coating. I figured I could eventually replace it. A couple months later I posted a WTB thread on KLOV asking for a no-burn MS9, found in most mid-late Sega games (Harley Davidson, Lost World, Sega Super GT, Daytona 2, etc.)

I eventually had a guy contact me saying he had what I wanted...however he was in Michigan. He said it had no-burn and it had a nice bright picture. The photos he sent me were hard to tell if it actually had burn, but since he's an Arcade OP I figured he knew what he was talking about (/sigh). So I drove up there. Once I arrived I soon realized the monitor had a shit ton of burn-in. Also he didn't have it powered up as well! I wasted a lot of time and gas. I still ended up purchasing it (at a big discount) and another one he had too. His second MS9 had been dropped on concrete and there were a ton of gouges in the top coat and glass. The only thing I wanted from those monitors were the chassis/remote boards. The tubes were essentially shot.

At that point I had 3 monitors, including the one in the NAC. Ya...not what I wanted.

Anyway skip to last Wednesday where I revived my thread on KLOV looking for a no-burn MS9-29SU monitor. I was lucky to get a hit from an Arcade OP based out of Louisville. He said he had what I wanted. I was skeptical. I didn't want to get..."burned" again. ;P

He sent me some pictures of the monitor, with image on the screen. The image however was hella blurry. I asked him a ton of questions about it before I left...I didn't want to waste any more time on this. He said it was perfect and that his technician will have it up and running before I pay. I was cool with that.

Well...I bought it. It is perfect....

IMG_2293.JPG
IMG_2275.JPG
IMG_2282.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG
IMG_2255.JPG
IMG_2319.JPG

The MS9-29SU is more or less a drop-in replacement for most candy cabs and they can be relatively easy to source. The main thing I was looking for was one without any burn! The 29SU (Hitachi tube) is also slightly flatter than the original MS9-29S (Toshiba tube), so there will be a slight gap in the top center of the display bezel. It's minimal and imo, the monitor is as good as the Toshiba JP original spec monitor.

I'm super pumped to finally get around to turning my junker NAC into a diamond.

Ya...good times. :mr_t:

Last edited:

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I love this game. Did you see my vids on youtube of it?
Not sure if I've seen them or not but I'll check them out. Yeah it's been a lot of fun. I didn't realize how uncoordinated I am tapping buttons consecutively until I played this :P

I bought this Dragon Breed cab locally. It was sitting in a laundromat and they posted it on CL and I scooped it up. The game booted up where it was but it was playing blind since the monitor was really bad and caked in dirt. I pretty much just bought it for the PCB and gonna move the cab onto a local or something though.
Sadly the PCB isn't working right. It is booting up half the time, the backgrounds and music are fine but the sprites are scrambled and the game crashes after coin up or after the character dies. I verified the CPU roms in romident and swapped the sprite mask roms to eproms to test them and still no change so there's more going on with this and hopefully I can find someone to fix it since it's an issue beyond my skill for now
OVRHRHm.jpg

2hgea4J.jpg

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Anyway skip to last Wednesday where I revived my thread on KLOV looking for a no-burn MS9-29SU monitor. I was lucky to get a hit from an Arcade OP based out of Louisville. He said he had what I wanted. I was skeptical. I didn't want to get..."burned" again. ;P

They are more common in the US than ppl think. Last year alone I repaired 3 locally and even shared some findings in the tech section.

Glad to see ya get that NAC cleaned up and nice.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
It's been a long journey, lots of bad monitors/tubes later I was able to source a no-burn, perfect Nanao MS9-SU monitor for my New Astro City.

I originally got this NAC as a bit of a junker from my group buy last summer. I took the hit on this cabinet because I was trying to make sure everyone had at least something decent. This poor NAC monitor had some serious burn-in as well as deep gouges to the anti-glare coating. I figured I could eventually replace it. A couple months later I posted a WTB thread on KLOV asking for a no-burn MS9, found in most mid-late Sega games (Harley Davidson, Lost World, Sega Super GT, Daytona 2, etc.)

I eventually had a guy contact me saying he had what I wanted...however he was in Michigan. He said it had no-burn and it had a nice bright picture. The photos he sent me were hard to tell if it actually had burn, but since he's an Arcade OP I figured he knew what he was talking about (/sigh). So I drove up there. Once I arrived I soon realized the monitor had a shit ton of burn-in. Also he didn't have it powered up as well! I wasted a lot of time and gas. I still ended up purchasing it (at a big discount) and another one he had too. His second MS9 had been dropped on concrete and there were a ton of gouges in the top coat and glass. The only thing I wanted from those monitors were the chassis/remote boards. The tubes were essentially shot.

At that point I had 3 monitors, including the one in the NAC. Ya...not what I wanted.

He sent me some pictures of the monitor, with image on the screen. The image however was hella blurry. I asked him a ton of questions about it before I left...I didn't want to waste any more time on this. He said it was perfect and that his technician will have it up and running before I pay. I was cool with that.

Well...I bought it. It is perfect....

View attachment 25960
View attachment 25961
View attachment 25962
View attachment 25963
View attachment 25964
View attachment 25965

The MS9-29SU is more or less a drop-in replacement for most candy cabs and they can be relatively easy to source. The main thing I was looking for was one without any burn! The 29SU (Hitachi tube) is also slightly flatter than the original MS9-29S (Toshiba tube), so there will be a slight gap in the top center of the display bezel. It's minimal and imo, the monitor is as good as the Toshiba JP original spec monitor.

I'm super pumped to finally get around to turning my junker NAC into a diamond.

Ya...good times. :mr_t:

Congrats bud, you deserve a nice bright crispy monitor more then anyone I know ;-)

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Found this awesome 70s (guessing) leather chair at antique store. Super padded and comfy with back support and the right height, wish they had two!

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I've been looking around for some jamma boards to play on the NAC eventually and grabbed this NBA JAM off klov last week...kinda surprised by the size and weight of this set up...

001.JPG

leonk

Marked Wolf

Congrats on the monitor! The first thing that drew my eyes was the "Made in Canada" sticker .. what the !??

Also, what's the difference between an MS9-29A and an MS9-29SU? Are they not both just 15/25 monitors?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Congrats on the monitor! The first thing that drew my eyes was the "Made in Canada" sticker .. what the !??

Through talking with Rick @ Neiman Displays in Cambridge, Ontario, I know he used to build these monitors back in the day for Nanao.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Got this guy as part of a small bundle. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435099100.954322.jpg

Replaced the broken mobo with my own working one. I figured I'd arrest the corrosion on the shell with sandpaper and paint. I'm not usually one to go all out on aesthetics when it comes to games, but I think I found a pretty good color. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435099199.330249.jpg

A few coats and it looks good.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Got this guy as part of a small bundle. View attachment 26417

Replaced the broken mobo with my own working one. I figured I'd arrest the corrosion on the shell with sandpaper and paint. I'm not usually one to go all out on aesthetics when it comes to games, but I think I found a pretty good color. View attachment 26418

A few coats and it looks good.

nice paint job! Looking slick now.

Dragonlee

Zero's Secretary
Few items received over the last couple of weeks as spares.
001 (Custom).JPG
Taito type 2x mobo x 2
001 (Custom).JPG
Wei-ya 3129 a x 2

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Things just got a whole lot more virtualer

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
About 4 hours away, but in good shape, and a good price. Now to take it completely apart to get it into the basement...

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
SOB.... that and a 2P daytona rig are two of my dream machines! congrats dude

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
7B6703B4-BF16-4E1F-8444-B3A7A935BF8B_zpstb14klpz.jpg

got it Saturday actually
4hr drive in a truck luckily missed any rain.