IC: SNES/N64 RGB Euro Scart cables GROUP BUY!!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
I am extending this till Sunday at Midnight EST.

Ok folks, time for another group buy.

This time we have up for your consideration SNES/N64 RGB Euro scart cables from Play-Asia:

http://www.play-asia.com/rgb-cable-paOS-13-49-en-70-64.html

PA.00220.002.jpg

These cables are suitable for NTSC SNES consoles (US or JP) as they have the needed caps on the RGB lines. They will also work with RGB modded NTSC N64 consoles and NESRGB modded NES/Famicoms (and PAL Gamecubes). Not suitable for PAL SNES units unless the caps are removed and resistors installed in their place. Don’t expect a super high end cable here or anything. They work fine but aren’t made of premium grade cabling. I have also noticed in some of these cables the Left and Right audio is swapped. That can be fixed with swapping the 2 audio wires in the scart shell with a soldering iron. Also the picture shows a gold contact Scart connector. All the one's I have seen are your typical nickel plated ones.

Play-Asia sells them for $3.99 plus shipping. Their cheapest shipping is like $3.90 for economy shipping (hello 3 weeks shipping time). So a total of $7.89 for a single cable.

However if we can buy 100 of them they are $2.10 each and shipping via FedEx (3 to 5 day) to me is $85.90 for a total of $295.90 or $2.96 per cable. Plus shipping from me to you which will likely be $2 to $3 depending on cable quantities you order. So I can get a cable into your hands cheaper and quicker than just ordering it straight from Play-Asia with the slow boat shipping option.

I verified with play-asia 10 days ago that they had 300 units in stock.

Rules for this group buy:

0. Read and understand all of these rules. They are designed to make things clear.

1. The group buy starts now and runs through till midnight eastern time on Friday June 6th. I am extending this till Sunday at Midnight EST. No more interest can be declared in them after that cut off.

2. If you are interested in a cable (or multiples) ONLY post in this thread. Do NOT fucking PM me saying you want one. Your PM will be ignored and most likely deleted. It’s easier for us all to keep track of interest in this thread.

3. Once the group buy has ended, I will PM everyone on the list asking for payment for the cables ONLY (not shipping from me to you). This will secure the cables to be shipped to me. I expect to have payments from everyone within 48 to 72 hours at the latest. Keep this in mind!

4. Once the cables have arrived, I will PM everyone again on the list asking for shipping funds. I have a postal scale, label maker (new 4x6 inch unit!) and online postal account that will make shipping these quicker and cheaper (online postage is hella cheaper).

5. This pricing only works if we can secure 100 cables or more. If we go over, the price might slightly decrease (we are talking pennies here). If we come up short on cables, I will cover the remaining cables (to give us the 100 cable price break) providing it’s a reasonable amount. I ain’t covering 75 cables though. If I have to cover the expense of extra cables, those extra units may or may not be sold at the group buy price. So, if you want the group buy cable price, get in on it now.

So with all that said, post interest (or questions) in this thread. I will keep a running total in this first post. Feel free to declare interest in several if you like. As with any group buy, I make no profit from this.

Todd

-----Interest List-----

thieslo - 2 PAID
The Tardis - 1 PAID
skate323k137 - 5 PAID
kuze - 2 PAID
Dark Sakul - 2 PAID
Ninjainspandex - 1 PAID
BladeDancer314 - 4 PAID
GohanX - 2 PAID
Madbees - 2 PAID
TravistyOJ - 3 PAID
Vectorman0 - 5 PAID
lantus360 - 2 PAID
Teddy KGB - 1 PAID
Comrade Mikhail - 1

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Put me down for 5.

I would possibly buy more if someone could speak to their quality from experience.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
Put me down for 5.

I would possibly buy more if someone could speak to their quality from experience.

I forgot to mention this, but if anyone remembers, last summer I sold a boat load of SNES scart cables. Well, these are the same ones. I did make a couple changes to the ones I sold: I fixed the stereo audio being reversed and I added some more wiring to ground the external portion of the scart shell (not necessary under most conditions).

I can't recall, but I believe these cables have a foil shielding in them. I sold like 50 or so of them and the only comment I remember a couple people making was a light buzzing audio at higher volumes or when the screen was pure white.

Either way, for the price, they are a solid value.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I forgot to mention this, but if anyone remembers, last summer I sold a boat load of SNES scart cables. Well, these are the same ones. I did make a couple changes to the ones I sold: I fixed the stereo audio being reversed and I added some more wiring to ground the external portion of the scart shell (not necessary under most conditions).

I can't recall, but I believe these cables have a foil shielding in them. I sold like 50 or so of them and the only comment I remember a couple people making was a light buzzing audio at higher volumes or when the screen was pure white.

Either way, for the price, they are a solid value.

oh yeah the shielding on these are poor so the buzzing is very loud and annoying, I bought a pair from you last year. They work great for the N64 with no buzzing though, but for SNES I'd recommend one a little bit better shielded. But for the cheap price it isn't bad if your not picky.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Put me down for a couple, I may increase that as I figure out how many systems I actually have.

I've got 3 different cables now, they all buzz on the SNES, but don't on the N64. I always assumed it was the system.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quetion...what is the difference between this and the cable that retro_console_accessories sells on ebay?

So this cable should work with a us model 1 snes and a PALscart>hdmi converter without a hitch, correct?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
Quetion...what is the difference between this and the cable that retro_console_accessories sells on ebay?

So this cable should work with a us model 1 snes and a PALscart>hdmi converter without a hitch, correct?

Yep, the cable will work fine with a us model 1 SNES and going into a Scart to HDMI converter.

Difference between this cable and the retro console's cable is that their cable is rebuilt using a higher grade and better shielded cable. But then again this is a $3 plus shipping cable vs $20 cable.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
Bump!

Just a reminder there is only a little over 48 hours left in this group buy.

So far, we are nowhere even remotely close to 100 cables.

C'mon people, they are just $3 plus shipping!

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I'll take one. Still have the one you hand made but fuggit. ;)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
Well, we are currently sitting at right around 25 cables.

Checking on Play Asia, if we ordered (for example) 25 cables, they would total $72.50 plus $31.90 for FedEX shipping totaling $104.40. Divided by 25 makes each cable shipped to me cost $4.18. So about $1.25 more people cable.

So, is everyone ok with paying about $1.25 more per cable if we can't get to 100 cables?

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I'm in for two at the revised price. Will be nice to have separate rgb cables for my Nintendo systems instead of just sharing one like I have been.

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Put me down for 2.
I was part of your last group buy, and the cables weren't bad.

This time I just want scart cables I can easily mod with out me feeling bad for chopping apart a $20 cable.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Put me down for 2.
I was part of your last group buy, and the cables weren't bad.

This time I just want scart cables I can easily mod with out me feeling bad for chopping apart a $20 cable.

For the price, not a bad idea. However you could always pick up a crimper and make your own on the cheap.

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For the price, not a bad idea. However you could always pick up a crimper and make your own on the cheap.

I can't source the actual Scart connectors locally, that leaves online and currently broken got the best prices with his group buy.
And even if Broken doesn't have the best price, I rather support broken then some random dude on eBay.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
I am extending this till Sunday at Midnight EST.

Hopefully more folks will show interest in these by that point.