ID's Rage (9.13.11)

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Bump, more videos.

Pretty impressive. Although I prefer 2D over 3D anyday of the week, the one thing I can think of that 3D does better is variety in enemy attacks, as this video touches on. I think it's cool having different bands of enemies... ghost clans... hand combat clans... etc. Makes it more refreshing.

Also clear the game makers had a lot of fun making this one, they speak with a lot of passion and I liked the comments on "Some people believe this, others believe..."

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
So after reading this, I'm not sure which version is the best to get? Xbox 360?

Just from reading that, who can say? I'd be willing to bet 360 and PS3 are likely near identical.

As always, PC is the platform of choice for a game like this, but I'm don't play PC games. 360 for me.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Honestly one of the reason I prefer consoles games is that I can play them in a comfy chair or on a couch. The keyboard and mouse combo just isn't relaxing for me. Dumb, I know.

I'll be picking up the game on 360.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
So after reading this, I'm not sure which version is the best to get? Xbox 360?

The only real decision is whether to buy on PC or console. Playing with a controller is always a negative compared to the responsiveness and accuracy of a mouse. The casualness of playing an FPS on a console doesn't end at being able to lounge on your couch. The competitive community will always be on the PC if that's your thing.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Play this shit on a PC dudes. You know you need to.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
i plan on getting it for my laptop. itd run on my netbook also but i just hate how small the screen is.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Honestly one of the reason I prefer consoles games is that I can play them in a comfy chair or on a couch. The keyboard and mouse combo just isn't relaxing for me. Dumb, I know.

I'll be picking up the game on 360.

i never understood how someone can play an FPS or even a game like Splinter Cell with a controller. for instance, Left 4 Dead... i can play that game on expert and usually maintain 100% health through most missions.
i tried playing it on the 360 with my nephew and was struggling just to move around... i never got the hang of it.

its just weird... here i am, expert level fps gamer with a keyboard/mouse, no hope cripple with a controller.

whenever i see someone doing well with a controller i always think "how in the hell?"

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just takes practice.

Maybe if I really cared about competitive FPS play I'd be a mouse and K/B type of guy but I don't so I'm not. The experience for me is still fun on a console and regarding online play - more of my friends have consoles then gaming computers.

The keyboard and mouse is more accurate for aiming...but using a controller is just as fun for me.

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I just read that the 360 version will be three disks.

Anyways, next week. Can't wait!

I'm ready to get my "Krull" on with that wingstick thingy.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I'm excited, but not for the game itself.

Rage Dropping=Id Tech 4 Source=Optimized Standalone Dark Mod.

Robert

20 Year Member
I know we are in 2011, but for me cabal-like (or nam75-like for those who don't know the first one) games are still massively toping the FPS genre.
Just my 2 cents

Curt

apostate
Is anyone getting excited for this?

I FEEL like I should be getting excited, but I'm not really.. I hope the game changes my mind.

Also Amazon.com has it with a 10$ coupon.

Magician

20 Year Member
Is anyone getting excited for this?

I FEEL like I should be getting excited, but I'm not really.. I hope the game changes my mind.

Also Amazon.com has it with a 10$ coupon.

I admit I'm more excited for this than Batman: Arkham City or Uncharted 3.

Of course, not nearly as excited as for Skyrim, but fairly excited.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I admit I'm more excited for this than Batman: Arkham City or Uncharted 3.

Of course, not nearly as excited as for Skyrim, but fairly excited.

My list is exactly the same: Skyrim being most anticipated, Rage second, then Uncharted 3 and Arkham City come later.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I had to make a choice. I've got way too many things i need to buy between now and the end of the year:

Dark Souls
Batman: Arkham City
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
KOF XIII
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Skyrim
Operation Raccoon City

Looking at that whole list, however, I realized those are all sequels. Strange how the game industry has shaped my mind to stick with IPs. Of course, I am sort of suited to that owing to an irrational loyalty to 35 years of comic book continuity.

Still, what's one more video game? Maybe I'll go all in on Rage. Will have to see how the pocketbook looks after the weekend. I've heard nothing but good things about it, and it's Id.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Looking at that whole list, however, I realized those are all sequels. Strange how the game industry has shaped my mind to stick with IPs.

Many of the top dev studios are now influenced or owned by larger companies. Its easier, safer and many times cheaper to continue on with an established ip than to branch out, especially with the capital that is needed to invest in one.

I will likely only pick up 3-4 games this fall, but this is how I am leaning so far.
Skyrim >> Uncharted 3 > Dark Souls > Batman AC > Rage

Will probably add XIII to the mix depending on how it plays online.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Dark Souls
Batman: Arkham City
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
KOF XIII

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Skyrim
Operation Raccoon City

I bolded the shit I want out of your list. I want Rage too. I think I'm gonna wait two weeks and see if it goes on sale on Amazon like Deus Ex did. If not, I can't wait much longer than that, but think about it, seriously, they have been doing deals like this for new releases as of late. I think it all depends on initial sales.

Magician

20 Year Member
Tomorrow!

With Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off of work I'm ready to sink my teeth in.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Im gonna wait for some online reviews and impressions from this site before I buy.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Just another FPS. NOthing to see here. Cool atmosphere, and the driving sections look cool. I'll rent it or wait for a BIG price drop.

Curt

apostate
Got mine using a Amazon Gift card for $39 and it came with another $10 off so basically $29. Good Deal.

I have to wait for the disc to arrive though, and then I'll link it up to steam and probably never touch the disc again.