If you could live in an other country, which one would it be?

Robert

20 Year Member
Name the country and the reason why you would choose it.

I lived in Atlanta for 6 months and I had a big love affair there. I was doing reasearch at Georgia Tech at this time and I think I could have get a good job with all the professionnal contacts I got from GT. I had to finish my studies in France to get my degree so I didn't search that much but I think I would have liked to live there. Atlanta is not a "whaouh" city after my idea but I liked the life there. Despite of the common digust french people have against USA, I enjoyed all my stays there (3 times in 4 differents cities, east and west coast) and every time I felt like there was a space there for me.

It's your turn now.

slerch666

updyke,
I'd stay in the US. As much as I'd love to visit Japan for an extended period (say 6 months or more), I don't think I'd ever want to live there.

I definitely have no plans/desire to visit France, and wouldn't live there. I'd maybe like to visit Germany and the UK, but again, I like the US, though I hate the administration.

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
Spain, possibly Barcelona (where I've lived for a year)
It offers the best quailty of life worldwide

However I got married and my wife doesn't want to learn spanish or live over there
I live in England now and I'm start getting tired of it, i don't think I'll go back to Italy

We're planning to move to northern California (SanFran or Oakland), I'll have to get used to live in a police state though.....

Last edited:

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Either Canada (Ontario or Nova Scotia), France, or Germany but I'd also like to visit Kenya, Cuba, Japan, and Italy someday.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I wanted to leave Germany for a long time because I dislike almost anything connected with it, but the more I looked for a better alternative, the sooner I came to the conclusion that it'd be same ol' bullshit, just in a different country.

That's why I stay here and try to make the best out of it.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I don't think I'd move out of Barcelona, although I will possibly have to when I buy a house on my own as here they are just too damn expensive, so I'll have to look for a house in the peripheral cities that surround it.

I'd like to visit Japan but not to live there. I've visited Canada (Vancouver), UK (Newcastle) and USA (Pittsburgh) for a 2 month period each, and I wouldn't mind living in the first two if given a good opportunity. I guess I would to the same in the USA but if given a choice I'd take the other 2 places first.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
I love where I live (United States) and don't want to leave. But if I had to leave I'd choose either Australia or Canada (minimize on the culture shock).

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I'm generally happy with the US, but if I had to choose a different country it'd probably be Canada for the cold. :D

Of course, I'd most like to move to Alaska, which most Americans probably consider a foreign country anyway. :p

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
If the USA blew up i'd move to Switzerland.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
if i'd ever had kids, i'd definitely want to move to northern denmark or sweden. especially northen denmark seems to be a quite relaxed and peacefull place.
i also like the landscapes and the fact that the cities usually are very clean and not full of litter. plus ... there doesn't seem to be as much envy amongst people.

verbel

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I don't think I would want to permently live in another country but, of all the places I've visited so far I kinda like England or Scottland and the Japan.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
I'd want to stay here as well...but if I had to go somewhere I'd want it to be Japan.

As a black man, you would feel very uncomfortable there.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
slerch666 said:
I'd stay in the US. As much as I'd love to visit Japan for an extended period (say 6 months or more), I don't think I'd ever want to live there.

you wouldn't like living there. Their clothes only go up to US Medium, or if you're lucky "Large." Shoe sizes go to the equivalent of 10.5. Most of you would not enjoy it there.

And unless you go to Rappongi, don't expect anyone, much less girls, to give a shit about your foreign ass.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, or England.

Never really had a huge desire to move to a foriegn country though - things are hard enough when you know the territory.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
wasabi said:
As a black man, you would feel very uncomfortable there.

Which is why I really don't want to go. It's just the only place I ever seriously thought about visiting/living besides Germany when I knew somebody in the military.

slerch666

updyke,
wasabi said:
you wouldn't like living there. Their clothes only go up to US Medium, or if you're lucky "Large." Shoe sizes go to the equivalent of 10.5. Most of you would not enjoy it there.

And unless you go to Rappongi, don't expect anyone, much less girls, to give a shit about your foreign ass.
I didn't say I wanted to live there, just visit for a bit. Didn't say I was girl hunting either.

And I don't really care about clothes or shoe sizes, as I'm a US large (can wear mediums) and my shoe size is 8 US.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Mark of the Wolves said:
Which is why I really don't want to go. It's just the only place I ever seriously thought about visiting/living besides Germany when I knew somebody in the military.

No offence, but it's really beyond me why one would want to live here.

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
I've been last July in Japan and trust me, you just do NOT want to live over there